Tab - Teachers Notice

We have been informed by the owner of the music school I teach at that we can no longer give paper copies of tabs from internet tab sites to students due to copyright issues.    We can have an iPad or laptop in our rooms on which we can display tabs during lessons and we can inform students on which sites we found it on.    Not really a big issue for me, it'll save me some paper and maybe get the students I have that seem to rely on tab too much to memorize things more, something I have been after them to do anyway.  

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I always create my own tabs anyway but I don’t work in a school at the moment. But yes it would encourage them to listen to the recording more and not be so reliant.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    We have been informed by the owner of the music school I teach at that we can no longer give paper copies of tabs from internet tab sites to students due to copyright issues.    We can have an iPad or laptop in our rooms on which we can display tabs during lessons and we can inform students on which sites we found it on.    Not really a big issue for me, it'll save me some paper and maybe get the students I have that seem to rely on tab too much to memorize things more, something I have been after them to do anyway.  
    This was the case when I was teaching 18 years ago. you could only hand out your own music / tab, not any copy from a book or the internet.
  • From another forum on this ere t'interweb
    http://www.themouthpiece.com/forum/threads/tmp-copyright-faq-and-information-fact-sheet.19730/
    in the eyes of the law, ignoring copyright=theft
  • from elsewhere on the web
    http://www.themouthpiece.com/forum/threads/tmp-copyright-faq-and-information-fact-sheet.19730/
    in the eyes of the law, ignoring copyright=theft