Daniels guitars builds and finishing

What's Hot

Comments

• DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3290
    tFB Trader
    Rich210 said:
    How's the jazzmaster turning out Dan? A mineral streak is sign of a strong tree I bet that neck is a player!
    Funny you mention it, got it strung up Friday and it's a revelation, unbelievably good to play and one of the easiest f style guitars to play, I will be doing my own offset at some point and a set neck version too 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader

www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • Rich210Rich210 Frets: 577
    That looks amazing. What finish are you gonna give her?
    tFB Trader
    Rich210 said:
    That looks amazing. What finish are you gonna give her?
    Aged shell pink matching headstock
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    Very nice!
  • Rich210 said:
    How's the jazzmaster turning out Dan? A mineral streak is sign of a strong tree I bet that neck is a player!
    Funny you mention it, got it strung up Friday and it's a revelation, unbelievably good to play and one of the easiest f style guitars to play, I will be doing my own offset at some point and a set neck version too 
    I agree, jazzmasters are wonderful guitars, something about them just works and seems to flow together (imo). 

The only thing I’m missing at the moment is a full fat one -really must get another soon.
    @teyeplayer, agree with that! What varient of Mojo's are you putting in that Jazzmaster Dan? Is the neck 25 1/2? How does it resonate strung up?
    tFB Trader
    Rich210 said:
    I agree, jazzmasters are wonderful guitars, something about them just works and seems to flow together (imo). 

The only thing I’m missing at the moment is a full fat one -really must get another soon.
    What do you mean full fat one
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    tFB Trader
    Rich210 said:
    @teyeplayer, agree with that! What varient of Mojo's are you putting in that Jazzmaster Dan? Is the neck 25 1/2? How does it resonate strung up?
    Btw I'm darren my guitars are named after my son who passed away a few years ago

Not sure what Marc sent me, I just tell him what I want and he always comes up with superb pickups
    Yes this is 25 1/2 but I'd like a set neck gibbo scale version at some point
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    Darren :-) ! My apologies for that misinterpretation, and what a lovely way to remember your son. I've been thinking about a shorter scaled guitar recently, I really need to get out and try some. I've only ever played on 25 1/2 I'm just thinking a smaller scale might be better suited to hands. I see things that take my fancy now and again...

• I agree, jazzmasters are wonderful guitars, something about them just works and seems to flow together (imo). 

What do you mean full fat one
    All the switches and the proper trem. 

I’d been using an American Performer Jm up until a few weeks ago when I traded it and it was a cracking guitar (despite lacking the switches and having a strat trem). However, it went because I missed having the rhythm switch option from my previous Jazzmaster (I always found this darker setting was great for a solo, despite not being designed for that) and the JM trem/vibrato has to be the finest trem known to man, a properly set-up one is just superb and so practical.
    tFB Trader
    Rich210 said:
    Darren :-) ! My apologies for that misinterpretation, and what a lovely way to remember your son. I've been thinking about a shorter scaled guitar recently, I really need to get out and try some. I've only ever played on 25 1/2 I'm just thinking a smaller scale might be better suited to hands. I see things that take my fancy now and again...
    I've always played gibbo scale stuff but wanted to build a few f scale ones and a couple of aged pre CBS builds

I'd highly recommend trying a short scale guitar, I built my telepaul to appeal to both sides, that still sounds like a tele 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    tFB Trader
    Aged shell pink jazzer is next along with an aged neck matching headstock

www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Sonic blue aged strat is done, this turned out great, mojo pickups as usual

www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ive had the pleasure of playing this Strat and I’m really impressed. Very resonant and easy to play. 

Looks spot on as well, just the right amount of ageing for me :+1: 
    tFB Trader
    skippy76 said:
    Ive had the pleasure of playing this Strat and I’m really impressed. Very resonant and easy to play. 

Looks spot on as well, just the right amount of ageing for me :+1: 
    Thanks Toby I think it's lovely to play, it even feels like an old one to me
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    tFB Trader
    Well I've given the pink panther a beating and hopefully get it strung up tomorrow, I'm really pleased with this and can't wait to play it

www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Well it's been used tonight in a band rehearsal and makes a tele sound thin and weedy imo, it'll be getting used alot more, the mojo pickups are fantastic along with the staytrem bridge and arm

www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)