Daniels guitars builds and finishing

What's Hot

Comments

• DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3290
    tFB Trader
    poopot said:
    Very nicely shaped heel.  I just want to touch it!
    In the words of Swiss Tony, it's alot like making love to a beautiful woman  =)
    Oh ffs... you were getting me to finger your joint earlier... is that what you were thinking at the time? :)
    You should've known that 
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    A chambered Evo build, I've been dying to try these mojotrons out, I'm trying out a Les trem because it's lighter than a bigsby, if I don't like it I can put a stop tail on it
    I need to finish the pickup routes and I'm making a headstock veneer to do matching paint
    It's very jangly so should sound about right

www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    A chambered Evo build, I've been dying to try these mojotrons out, I'm trying out a Les trem because it's lighter than a bigsby, if I don't like it I can put a stop tail on it
    I need to finish the pickup routes and I'm making a headstock veneer to do matching paint

Will it be green? ;)
    tFB Trader
    poopot said:

Will it be green? ;)
    Purple you should know that
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    tFB Trader
    Getting near to finishing with a few bits left to do, weights are 7.8lb, 6.8lb, 6lb from left to right

www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Finally onto finishing, aged TV yellow DC junior and my lightweight evo is getting an ambered look like the old flying v, I'll be doing a stinger just for a bit of contrast

www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    tFB Trader
    Stinger looks great to me

www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Figured English ash looking rather nice, not much longer before It can make some noise

www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3201
    Figured English ash looking rather nice, not much longer before It can make some noise

That looks amazing, based on that grain can I nominate English ash for a Gibson scale jazzmaster.
    tFB Trader

That looks amazing, based on that grain can I nominate English ash for a Gibson scale jazzmaster.
    That'll have to wait and I'm not doing a straight jazzmaster, everyone does those, mine will be a set neck or through neck and a smaller body
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)

That'll have to wait and I'm not doing a straight jazzmaster, everyone does those, mine will be a set neck or through neck and a smaller body
    Sounds like perfection to me. Might have to start saving.
    tFB Trader

The whole point is to sculpt the heel and in mahogany with humbuckers would kick an sg's arse, be great with a JM trem.
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)

The whole point is to sculpt the heel and in mahogany with humbuckers would kick an sg's arse, be great with a JM trem.
    Sounds good, and practical too. I’ve always though hot filtertrons would smash just about everything -the mojo one are cracking.
    tFB Trader

Sounds good, and practical too. I’ve always though hot filtertrons would smash just about everything -the mojo one are cracking.
    I'm onto finishing my mojotron build next week, love mojo pickups in everything I do.
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    love the neck carve

tFB Trader
    darcym said:
    love the neck carve

The whole point of these is light, comfortable and easy to play, the sculpting is a game changer for me and  come from a love of vintage guitars but they're badly in need of updating.
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    tFB Trader
    Finished and 6.3lbs, it's bloody lovely and off to it's new home soon.

www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    So cool!
    tFB Trader

www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Modern vintage junior style but might change to a 2 pickup model, not sure what finish yet.

www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom