Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Mourinho OUT!!!!

What's Hot

Comments

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11891

Interesting discussion on Talk Sport about Pogba today.  He can somehow be man-of-the match but the team generally plays worse when he plays.  Bringing Hererra back has speeded things up.  Pogba takes time before releasing the ball but in the prem (as opposed to Italy) you just don’t have that time, so play stalls and possession is lost.  In Italy opposition players retreat back when you have the ball giving you time to think. Pogba doesn’t have it and can’t deal with it here.

I think United need to let Pogba go, then Sanchez and also Lukaku and buy players that can move the ball quicker.  Slight improvement for the last 2 games, but I think the nest iteration of the team will get well beaten against Liverpool, but still at this point it is best to stick to plan b and leave some of the ‘big players’ out as they have failed.
    I've been saying that they should sell Pogba for at least for 6 months.I think he's probably a toxic influence within the team too 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    We were a complete shit shown today, and still did better than I expected... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • underdog said:
    I think he should be given time to turn it around, some money to spend in Jan and summer.

This is the most fun us Liverpool fans have had since 2005 
    Liverpool are looking great, I prefer your style of play to City actually, lot's of pace and slightly more direct.

I still think City are a level above though, at least we touched the ball today....

Just looking at City's bench yesterday, with De Bruyne coming back I think it will prove too much for Liverpool and it will be another nearly year but you never know.

Will be a nearly year for us as well - nearly relegated 
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Well, this has to be Mourinho's last Xmas at Old Trafford. I just don't see how this can be turned around, regardless of whose fault it is (manager, players, or both). Robbie Savage called United pathetic, and it is hard to argue with that really. 

I can sympathise with Mourinho over not getting a defender, but this is the team that finished 2nd last season, and just looks ruined this season.

Previously, we have looked OK against some of the better teams, but rubbish against some of the crap ones. That just continued today.

(just kidding obviously, Liverpool look great)
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28335
    I was hoping that Man U would win of course, but I thought if we lose I'd rather get hammered as another nail in Mourinho's coffin. This season is a write off, the sooner we can get another manager in the better. I can't stand Jose, I literally turn the radio off when he comes on, I just don't want to hear any more moaning. whinging rants.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited December 2018
    underdog said:
    I think he should be given time to turn it around, some money to spend in Jan and summer.

This is the most fun us Liverpool fans have had since 2005 
    Liverpool are looking great, I prefer your style of play to City actually, lot's of pace and slightly more direct.

I still think City are a level above though, at least we touched the ball today....

Just looking at City's bench yesterday, with De Bruyne coming back I think it will prove too much for Liverpool and it will be another nearly year but you never know.

Will be a nearly year for us as well - nearly relegated 

City are on their own level without a doubt, I think over a season it would be difficult for anyone to compete with their squad, that's where the difference is for them. World class player out of form/injured/tired, bring on a world class, direct replacement.

Man U are in decline right now, and I don't think Jose can shirk blame for that, he's had money to spend and he's pretending he's had the budget of Newcastle. 

I think they're too rich and the league too protected to go on a full Liverpool of the last 15 years decline but with spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool, City and Chelsea top 4 could be missed a few seasons in a row fairly easily

Watching the game today as a Liverpool fan it was genuinely weird watching us play Utd and not feel at all nervous, even at 1-1 we always looked like winning 

We genuinely looked superior all over the pitch and that's an odd feeling against Utd.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• Yep, totally agree with all that^.

It’s a good point, Man U will only drop so far because of the way the top clubs are protected, but by the same token we are still going in the wrong direction and what could have been 1 or 2 years now looks 4 or 5 years.  No easy fix or quick wins, Mourhino needs to take the blame but there’s also much more wrong at the club.
    But that’s football, ironically the fact that we can have a fall from grace and Leicester can win the league makes it all the more interesting.  Liverpool have made good signings and a good appointment and after 2 or 3 years movement in the right direction are genuine title contenders again.

Our best chance of a quick return to the top 4 is winning the Champions League, pity there are 15 better teams left in the competition!
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    Caught some of Sky Sports pundits talking about Mourinho.  The general feeling was:

To let him go at the end of the season, but who should be his replacement?
    Why spend money on Fred in midfield, when they didn’t strengthen their weakest position in defence?

• Liverpool look very good indeed - no pithiness from this MUFC lad. This has easily been my favourite fixture for decades. 

I can't remember a time when I've felt quite this embarrassed to see my team look so inept in front of our greatest rivals. 

I still don't know what the answer is.

I wonder if Tommy Doc's free? 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14218
    tFB Trader
    I don't think a manager change on its own will solve the many issues that are MUFC today - Looking at the team they put out against Liverpool yesterday, along with the bench, then there is barely a player amoung them that would interest an English club in the top 4/5 positions, or indeed a top European club, on a transfer - De Gea and Pogba are probably the only 2 - In many positions the team is full of mediocrity 
    edited December 2018
    I would even give it to Giggs/Carrick until the end of the season if there are no better options. I am not convinced that Giggs is a good manager (or that he would be interested), but it would be a decent chance for him. Hell, I think Paul Ince is available too

We are not going to get a huge change of playing staff in January, but surely someone with some new ideas could be found..
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    quarky said:
    I would even give it to Giggs/Carrick until the end of the season if there are no better options. I am not convinced that Giggs is a good manager (or that he would be interested), but it would be a decent chance for him. Hell, I think Paul Ince is available too

We are not going to get a huge change of playing staff in January, but surely someone with some new ideas could be found..

Giggs the current manager of Wales? He isn't available but far more important he's not very good at all.

As said above I don't think a change of manager will solve everything, but it does need to be done. I think Man U have declined since Ferguson went, but he went knowing there was a lot of work to do. 

Now it needs a rebuild, like Liverpool have done, trying to buy your way out of trouble is pointless long term, the club needs a vision and some coherence 

The league is getting stronger than ever with Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea all looking like champions if it wasn't for the juggernaut that is City. Even everyone loon strong this year. 
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    The euphoria of beating Man U this time last year has worn off now that everybody’s doing it :( 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    underdog said:

As said above I don't think a change of manager will solve everything, but it does need to be done. I think Man U have declined since Ferguson went, but he went knowing there was a lot of work to do. 

I agree - Despite Fergie's incredible success he did not leave a great team behind when he left
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • But Fergie did have allies who knew what they were doing on the business side. A certain Mr Gill's contributions to Manchester United are often overlooked. 

What those two must have thought at Anfield yesterday would require little imagination imo. 

We, MUFC, need to stop pointing fingers at each other. Our opposition is simply better, the whys and wherefores of the situation are best left to another time. What can we do about it now. 

Fighting would be a good start, a bloody good start. I'd rather we were relegated scrapping, than drifting into the irrelevance we're really in danger of becoming. 

C'mon Reds, for fucks sake.....
    tFB Trader
    and PSG now on the horizon
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28335
    For me, Man U need a long term vision. Over the years since Fergie left it has just been a case of throw money at a name manager them get him to throw money at mediocre players. They need a proper longer term battle plan. That would include a younger manager who is more with the times. Jose is clearly past his sell by date in terms of the modern game. 

We are 19 POINTS BEHIND LIVERPOOL! I didn't think I'd ever see that in my lifetime!

My entire life watching Man U, I have always expected to win, even when it was unlikely. Needless to say that we didn't always win, but unbelievable optimism was always there. This year I actually expected to lose vs Man City and Liverpool. 
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    and PSG now on the horizon
    Mbappe and Neymar against young and darmian 

Can't. Fecking. Wait. 
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • deanodeano Frets: 622
    A young manager with vision would be great. But would the board trust say Eddie Howe? Don't forget SAF was a very successful manager in Scotland before he came to Manchester United. By that analysis we should be looking at someone like Steve Clarke at Killmarnock, because the other two at the moment are Gerrard and Brendan Rodgers, both with too much of a Liverpool taint to be welcomed at Old Trafford.

It really has to be Pochettino because I don't know who else can do the job.
    I can't imagine top players being attracted to United, or playing, for someone like Howe. No way is he the right fit for United. I would rather have Gary Neville.. I think there are still some top managers would be interesting in taking the United job though. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom