R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    edited September 2018
    Just noticed, the picture frame and the angle of the photo makes it look like the R9's got a seriously wonky headstock.  And there's almost a fanned-fret thing going on.  I'm sure it's an optical illusion!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    It is indeed.  I spotted that myself!
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Twinfan said:
    roberty said:

Love it, love it

Cheers!  I've been waiting for an R9 to pop up at GG that had a superflame top and a light weight.  An iced tea appeared that was 9.1lbs and that sold fairly quickly.  There was also a Washed Cherry at 8.9lbs and this Dirty Lemon at 8.3lbs.  It'll be 8.2lbs once I've got a screwdriver out 

I have the Washed Cherry sat in my living room currently, but it's going back once I've organised the return.  It's a good looker, but overall it's not up to the two Dirty Lemons.  I'm keeping both of them 
    That combo is cool af, so strong!
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    Had mine for two days and then went on holiday. Will be back in the UK in about 7 hours and I'm counting the seconds....
  • What this moribund thread needs is a bump...

or some more nice pictures of R8s...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Why am I now looking at Dirty Lemon and Tobacco R9's at GG, what the hell is wrong with me :o
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11413
    terada said:
    Why am I now looking at Dirty Lemon and Tobacco R9's at GG, what the hell is wrong with me :o

I'm glad I bought an R9 first up.  I've had an R8 in the past, and there was always that hankering for a flame top.
  • terada said:
    This is perfectly normal behaviour. I find single cuts are like Pringles or pistachio nuts. You can’t just have one. And once you’ve popped you just can’t stop.

I’ve 5 single cuts right now (though only 1 is a Historic - an R0 that has been refin’d by Florian Jäger)
    crunchman said:
    terada said:

I'm glad I bought an R9 first up.  I've had an R8 in the past, and there was always that hankering for a flame top.
    The weird thing is that my 2014 R8 has a flamed top. For me it is more that the washed cherry and iced tea look so good together, but I think a 3rd different finish would be superb - and after seeing them at this price I'd feel sick paying more for them in future.

It's now or never. But I'd have to basically sell much of my gear
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    terada said:
    crunchman said:
    terada said:

The weird thing is that my 2014 R8 has a flamed top. For me it is more that the washed cherry and iced tea look so good together, but I think a 3rd different finish would be superb - and after seeing them at this price I'd feel sick paying more for them in future.

haha.. yessss @terada ;
    just do it !
    (to be fair you wont lose money on them if you change your mind later)
    Ossyrocks said:
    mli3 said:
    is that part of the same series ? doesn't have the same Custom sticker on the pickguard
    My custom sticker lasted about 3 seconds.

Why would you leave it on? It's packaging! 
    I think what he’s saying is the the type/style of sticker is different from all the other 2017 R8’s we have seen, which was curious....no?
    correct @Ossyrocks thats exactly what I was saying
    Ossyrocks said:
    mli3 said:
    is that part of the same series ? doesn't have the same Custom sticker on the pickguard

I think what he’s saying is the the type/style of sticker is different from all the other 2017 R8’s we have seen, which was curious....no?
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8176
    terada said:
    crunchman said:
    terada said:

Worse case scenario surely is that you have second thoughts in a few months and sell at, what, £2200? £300 loss.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2178
    edited September 2018
    One les paul is definitely enough for me. I went for a 59, mainly because I've had a 56, two 57s and a 58 in the past. Its definitely a bit more twangier, brighter and more responsive / nuanced than the previous ones. More Bloomfield than Bonamassa.

I'm treating it to a new Heistercamp top tor strap (.... in red).

• mli3 said:
    Ossyrocks said:
    mli3 said:

Withdrawn yer 'onour. With apologies 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1845
    edited September 2018
    crunchman said:
    terada said:
    These posts are really not helping me avoid buying another

One LP is enough for me.

I am kind of tempted by some of the Memphis semis though.  Would quite like a 335.  The reductions aren't quite as big on them though.

Every 335 trad I tried in GG Glasgow played and sounded awesome. Went with a figured cherry for £300-400 above the trads but the sunset burst I played is haunting me. The natural they had at the time had outrageously nice grain too.

And just to prove @terada doesn’t have a monopoly on nice grain/flame combos:

https://i.imgur.com/4OpcxAR.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    TINMAN82 said:
    crunchman said:
    terada said:
    These posts are really not helping me avoid buying another

One LP is enough for me.

I am kind of tempted by some of the Memphis semis though.  Would quite like a 335.  The reductions aren't quite as big on them though.

Every 335 trad I tried in GG Glasgow played and sounded awesome. Went with a figured cherry for £300-400 above the trads but the sunset burst I played is haunting me. The natural they had at the time had outrageously nice grain too.

And just to prove @terada doesn’t have a monopoly on nice grain/flame combos:

https://i.imgur.com/4OpcxAR.jpg
    Phwoar
  • RebarRebar Frets: 130
    Apologies if this has already been shared, but I think this might be another of the recent R8s which were sold, but the buyer may have had second thoughts... https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/153173694053
    still 1 left at coda. Is that it now ? has everyone moved to the R9 thread ?
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    That one at Coda must be the last new one out there.  There are two in the classifieds too.  Sales have peaked?