R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8188
    What are we going to talk about now? This thread surely cannot end - I'd have to go and do some work....
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    Finally back and have mine in my hands. I'm not sure I can say anything that hasn't been said in the last 81 pages but if you see one of these for sale and don't already have one - buy one. Also mine has quite a subtle quilt / flame that I'm finding hard to photograph - any tips?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited September 2018
    Hattigol said:
    What are we going to talk about now? This thread surely cannot end - I'd have to go and do some work....
    We need to send them all back so others can buy them and share the love by posting here too 

‘Long live the thread’
  • The thread will live a while yet!!!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• Hattigol said:
    We need to send them all back so others can buy them and share the love by posting here too 

‘Long live the thread’
    @johnl is about to rescue us with yet more stunning pics 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    johnl said:
    Finally back and have mine in my hands. I'm not sure I can say anything that hasn't been said in the last 81 pages but if you see one of these for sale and don't already have one - buy one. Also mine has quite a subtle quilt / flame that I'm finding hard to photograph - any tips?
    The quilt/flame is evident by the way that light is reflected in different directions off of the top.

Try tilting the guitar in various ways in order to capture the light reflecting off it.
  • The classifieds are going to be seriously dull next Spring.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2018
    Had the R0 in my basket for over a week and have finally decided that although I love a 60’s neck I can’t justify the extra £1000 just for the top. GG haven’t sold any of them so I’m guessing others feel the same 

I’m out!
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Had the R0 in my basket for over a week and have finally decided that although I love a 60’s neck I can’t justify the extra £1000 just for the top. GG haven’t sold any of them so I’m guessing others feel the same 

I’m out!
    I'm in a similar position, got a R9 in the basket, just trying to slap myself back to reality.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8188
    A grand extra for flames? Pffffft.......as if.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2018
    terada said:

I’m out!
    I'm in a similar position, got a R9 in the basket, just trying to slap myself back to reality.
    I couldn’t care for the flame but fancied a 60’s neck too but it’s enough money at £2499 for the R8 let alone the extra grand on top 

Will probably kick myself further up the road and wish I’d pulled the trigger 
  • Disclosure, was starting to feel the aftermath of buying a guitar that hardly set foot in the door at GG before it was sent out to me. For all the good service I had, I envied those who bought from Peach and had their guitars serviced a little before they had it. Mine showed signs of ringing on the G string across the neck, think someone else mentioned the same.

I took advantage of a business trip to London and stopped off in @FelineGuitars in Croydon, yesterday. Took the R8 for Jonathan to have a look. He was very complimentary of the guitar and said it was well made and that it was nice to see a guitar well set up from the factory and had a good action.

He found that the frets weren't 100% level though, said it was likely down to the wood settling after being boxed for a duration of time. Were talking ever so slightly here, nothing major, but it was enough for me to notice. A very slight truss rod tweak and a tiny bit of work on the nut was needed too, to flare the slots and curve the slope a tiny bit more.

So after a bit of TLC, two hours later, I returned to Feline to collect it and honest to god, I don't know what they did but it plays so much better than it did before I took it there. I thought it was good in the first place, but it just plays like a dream guitar now. Also, the fret polish they do just makes the guitar look gorgeous.

Again, I can't thank or recommend the gentlemen at Feline enough for their fine craftsmanship. This is my second visit in 4 months and I'm nothing but astounded by the results of just a couple of hours in their hands. Thank you. You just made my dream guitar even better!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Had my 2016 standard for sale for the last 10 days and zero interest at all so can’t even shift stuff on at the moment 
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    Today is the day! Will be at Peach from about 3 to pick up probably the first bought but last collected R8! 

Also the little event that is the Pete Thorn clinic! 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    So after a bit of TLC, two hours later, I returned to Feline to collect it and honest to god, I don't know what they did but it plays so much better than it did before I took it there.
    Yep, I've lost count of the amount of times I've taken a guitar to a tech and it's come out with no discernible difference. The guys at Feline, though, always make my guitars play so much better.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    He found that the frets weren't 100% level though, said it was likely down to the wood settling after being boxed for a duration of time. Were talking ever so slightly here, nothing major, but it was enough for me to notice.
    That's an interesting point actually
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7392
    Boromedic said:
    The thread will live a while yet!!!
    yes - there will be the phase where folk decide to sell them so need to prep the ground with praise ;-) 
    Red ones are better. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11570
    tFB Trader
    roberty said:
    He found that the frets weren't 100% level though, said it was likely down to the wood settling after being boxed for a duration of time. Were talking ever so slightly here, nothing major, but it was enough for me to notice.
    I was impressed with the guitar - felt and sounded great, but Jon just wanted me to check out the little rattle he was getting on the G string.
    I expect that as all the R8s would be Plek profiled at the factory it was just a little settling and a tiny bit of wood shrinkage that all guitars face. 
    Jon and I had the conversation of if it were "my own guitar", what would I do to make it be perfect for my own liking, and in reality all I would have done was a very light but controlled fret skim in the Erlewine neck jig, and add a tiny bit of fallaway into the upper frets to make it a bit cleaner playing in the fret 10-15 range, and a tiny bit of finessing of the  nut and bridge saddles and a tiny drop of nut sauce lube.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    roberty said:
    I was impressed with the guitar - felt and sounded great, but Jon just wanted me to check out the little rattle he was getting on the G string.
    I expect that as all the R8s would be Plek profiled at the factory it was just a little settling and a tiny bit of wood shrinkage that all guitars face. 
    Jon and I had the conversation of if it were "my own guitar", what would I do to make it be perfect for my own liking, and in reality all I would have done was a very light but controlled fret skim in the Erlewine neck jig, and add a tiny bit of fallaway into the upper frets to make it a bit cleaner playing in the fret 10-15 range, and a tiny bit of finessing of the  nut and bridge saddles and a tiny drop of nut sauce lube.
    You might have another 30 FretBoard R8 owners knocking at your door very soon! Haha 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    edited September 2018
    -