R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5402
    Twinfan said:
    Whitecat said:

I can only think of two transferable warranties off the top of my head - Kia cars and Applecare (the latter of which is paid for above and beyond the product anyway). 

I’d wager the majority of companies restrict warranty to first owners - and this will be especially true in the musical instrument world. 
    All new cars have transferable warranties.  In fact, I think if you buy a kettle and subsequently sell it or give it away the 12 month warranty still stands as long as you have the original receipt as the warranty is on the product not the owner?

If you buy bankrupt stock from a guitar shop and sell it on eBay you would sell them as "brand new" would you not?  You're not the original supplying dealer but it's still a new product.
    All/most cars maybe - Kia came to mind because I actually have one - and no, if you buy bankrupt stock you are not the authorised supplier so the factory warranty could be easily void. 

Pretty sure most kettle warranties will be for the original purchaser only. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5402
    Twinfan said:
    Being brand new and/or having a valid warranty are two independent and different things.
    I disagree. One implies the other when it comes to guitars especially. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    edited September 2018
    Re. the cars I'm not talking about values, I'm talking about whether the item is brand new or not  ;)

And as I said earlier, warranties are independent of the item being classed as brand new or not.  You may feel differently of course.

Anyhow, we'd better park this subject as no-one is going to change my mind and I'm not going to change anyone else's  :)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    Twinfan said:
    Re. the cars I'm not talking about values, I'm talking about whether the item is brand new or not  ;)

And as I said earlier, warranties are independent of the item being classed as brand new or not.  You may feel differently of course.

Anyhow, we'd better park this subject as no-one is going to change my mind and I'm not going to change anyone else's  :)
    Thank goodness for that! lets move on.

Any more new tops to drool over ?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    Not seen anything of the Iced Tea or the other two Dirty Lemons from Peach have we?
  • Twinfan said:
    The guitar may be second/third/fourth hand but it could still be "brand new".  Like I said, it's a description of the condition of the item and it's nothing to do with how many times it's changed hands or if it was sold via a dealer/customer sale  :)
    No it couldn’t still be a ‘brand new’ guitar. It’s been sold by a dealer and is now being resold, as a used/second hand item, by the punter who bought it. You can describe its condition in any way you like, but the item itself is now second hand and used, not brand new. 
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8188
    Never mind this. @peachguitarsdotcom where are these black over gold LPs you promised us at £1,299? 
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    poopot said:
    dbphoto said:
    This thread has now entered some weird parallel universe.

Second hand guitars being listed as new!?

Anyone giving a monkeys about a few mm when it comes to scale length!?
    Play one with the correct vintage scale length!...

there is a load of difference... more space above the 12th fret for a start!...

If you care about such things then fair play to you.  I dare say there are plenty of things I care about that would be irrelevant to you.

FWIW I didn’t buy mine due to any of the historic accuracy stuff as I really couldn’t care less.

I bought it simply because I liked the look of it and at the discounted price it was too good for me to ignore.
  • Twinfan said:
    Not seen anything of the Iced Tea or the other two Dirty Lemons from Peach have we?
    Mine is due tomorrow but I doubt I'll get much time on it until Sunday.  (Iced Tea)
  • Hattigol said:
    Never mind this. @peachguitarsdotcom where are these black over gold LPs you promised us at £1,299? 
    You mean £299?! ha
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    edited September 2018
    dbphoto said:
    poopot said:
    dbphoto said:

If you care about such things then fair play to you.  I dare say there are plenty of things I care about that would be irrelevant to you.

FWIW I didn’t buy mine due to any of the historic accuracy stuff as I really couldn’t care less.

I bought it simply because I liked the look of it and at the discounted price it was too good for me to ignore.
    I couldn't give a monkeys about plastics, ABR vs Nashville, etc etc, it's just an astonishingly good guitar to me.  50's wiring out the box is pretty nice though :-)

Edit: I also like how the carve/neck angle allows the tailpiece to be screwed down tight
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14175
    tFB Trader
    WezV said:
    WezV said:
    poopot said:
    How can these be a true reissue if Gibson don’t use the actual vintage fret scale?

surely that’s just makes them a modern “les Paul”...
    I agree.  It would be an easy thing to get right with modern manufacturing and would be a good distinction for a historic reissue
    valid point, but ref Fender Custom Shop vintage replicas, very few are ever built with small frets and a 7.25" fingerboard radius - in fact you can have a 50's neck shape on a 60's model or vice versa and ditto 50's pick-ups on a 60's model as required - Yet always accepted as a 'vintage replica'  - Granted this all goes with in a Custom Shop banner and as the name suggest (Custom Shop) then it allows for custom options - Maybe also as Fender Guitars are effectively a 'Mecano' style contraptions built out of a host of components then it goes with the territory of cut and suit as required
    i don't think its the same thing.   That Fender will be advertised with the radius and fret size clearly stated.   They have mixed them up, but the spec is always clear

Gibson will focus on being more historically accurate than ever... "now with more accurate plastic" etc..   whilst ignoring the scale length issue altogether.

edit - vid for those interested in how gibson scale lengths can be odd

yes see what you mean - each individual Fender, whatever spec it has, has a travel sheet plan available for it - Gibson have ducked n dived and changed so much, so many times, with very little open info available
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    roberty said:

I couldn't give a monkeys about plastics, ABR vs Nashville, etc etc, it's just an astonishingly good guitar to me.  50's wiring out the box is pretty nice though :-)

Edit: I also like how the carve/neck angle allows the tailpiece to be screwed down tight
    Believe it or not ABR vs Nashville does make a difference.  I put a Nashville on my previous LP for while.  The neck angle wasn't great, so the bridge was very high up and was moving on top of the posts.  The Nashville sat on there more solidly but it didn't sound as good.  When I put the ABR on again, it definitely sounded better.

Thankfully, the one I've just bought doesn't have the neck angle issue.
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    dbphoto said:
    poopot said:
    dbphoto said:

Im not knocking anyone for buying one at all... a good guitar is a good guitar at the end of the day... I have issue with Gibson calling it a reissue when its not!...

Ive had (and got rid of) more than a few LP's over the years... cant get on with them at all... but, as soon as I played one with the vintage scale length it made sense...

Now, if Gibson did one they can have whatever's in my bank account!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3288
    tFB Trader
    poopot said:
    dbphoto said:
    poopot said:

I'll gladly clear your bank account  ;)
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    poopot said:
    dbphoto said:
    poopot said:

I'll gladly clear your bank account  ;)
    If it’s anything like the special then TAKE MY MONEY NOW :)
    crunchman said:
    roberty said:

Believe it or not ABR vs Nashville does make a difference.  I put a Nashville on my previous LP for while.  The neck angle wasn't great, so the bridge was very high up and was moving on top of the posts.  The Nashville sat on there more solidly but it didn't sound as good.  When I put the ABR on again, it definitely sounded better.

Thankfully, the one I've just bought doesn't have the neck angle issue.
    That's interesting. Do you think the bushings are an impediment? Makes me a bit nervous having to adjust something screwed right into the cap. Seems too important to thread. I suppose the originals are still knocking about and playable
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Twinfan said:
    Mine is due tomorrow but I doubt I'll get much time on it until Sunday.  (Iced Tea)
    Really looking forward to yours coming in, it looked like a belter
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113

Hattigol said:
    You mean £299?! ha
    Put me down for 5  ;)
    terada said:

Hattigol said:
    You mean £299?! ha
    Put me down for 5  ;)
    Be honest, you're going to flip them, aren't you