Who bought a Peach R8

What's Hot
Just being nosy really,  and PM me if you'd prefer not to say on the open forum ... but just wondering how many people here bought one of the Peach R8s. 

Or more than one of the Peach R8s.

Not a thread for discussing, please only reply if you bought one.

(Or more than one :D )

With my site admin hat on, it might be useful to get an indication of the buying power here.

Thanks!
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    Yeah I did but before the madness of the past few days. Same model, just paid more for mine.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5402
    Just the one. 
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    I bought one.
  • mortmort Frets: 719
    Yep - bought one.
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    Me. Big surprise.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27429
    +1 via PM
    ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5141
    TTony said:
    +1 via PM
    ;)
    Great news... My Mrs must have got me one for my Birthday as a surprise.......Hope she ordered a Dirty Lemon.. :)
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    ellwood said:
    Me. Big surprise.
    Dibs
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    edited August 2018
    Boughy one from GG too, between when Peach ran out and when they restocked. Arriving tomorrow
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    Aye, another here.

(and I blame you lot as on one of the very few days I returned after spitting my dummy out a while ago they were the main topic of conversation)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • adampeteradampeter Frets: 775
    Yep, me too, from Peach, excellent service, very happy
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    Two, from Peach
    2reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3389
    TTony said:
    Just being nosy really,  and PM me if you'd prefer not to say on the open forum ... but just wondering how many people here bought one of the Peach R8s. 

Or more than one of the Peach R8s.

Not a thread for discussing, please only reply if you bought one.

(Or more than one :D )

With my site admin hat on, it might be useful to get an indication of the buying power here.

Thanks!
    This is pretty incredible really. Sure, these are great guitars at  good price. But as a marketing channel this place is amazing.

I'm thinking of the other thread where guitars4you was questioning the wisdom of spending money on ads in guitarist.

Only question really is how do you balance it so that the 'marketing' is stuff people want like bargain prices on a new r8 vs sh*t that they don't want.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • If any sellers want to do a CS Fender sale I’ll be all over it !!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    I think this goes towards a case for charging businesses to post on here
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16647
    I think that would be the wrong move.

however, businesses offering us some exclusive deals would likely work well for all.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 18reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    I think that would be a disaster. That way lies cash for influence.

its nice that Peach were here and Coda too, but let’s remember that they’re not offering anything extra to members here other than a perception of slight advance warning. That is enough though, given they aren’t sponsors or whatever. That seems like a fair deal for both sides. I hope it continues.

It’s a win-win really as they sell more guitars and we get the fun of watching people work themselves into a frenzy and convince each other that they need these guitars as investment opportunities. Some people even bought more than one! Fantastic. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
  • I think this goes towards a case for charging businesses to post on here
    I think that would be a disaster. That way lies cash for influence.

its nice that Peach were here and Coda too, but let’s remember that they’re not offering anything extra to members here other than a perception of slight advance warning. That is enough though, given they aren’t sponsors or whatever. That seems like a fair deal for both sides. I hope it continues.

It’s a win-win really as they sell more guitars and we get the fun of watching people work themselves into a frenzy and convince each other that they need these guitars as investment opportunities. Some people even bought more than one! Fantastic. 
    Agreed. 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27429
    Another one by PM.
    :)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.