Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Guitar Show 2019 - 23rd - 24th February, The New Bingley Hall, Birmingham

What's Hot

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579

I’ll be there. All day. On the fb stand. Come over and say hello!
    See, if I'd thought about it, I'd have shipped you all of the stand candy and told you that it actually opens two hours earlier, thus meaning I wouldn't have to get up at why-the-hell-am-I-awake-o'clock to get to Brum for 8am (ish).
    Yeah - that would probably have worked as well 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkb said:
    Are you there to moderate the punters? “Oi you - get Behind Closed Doors”
    Mostly I’ll be there to roll my eyes at someone on an amp manufacturers stand making far too much noise 
    I have not seen that particular individual knocking about.
    mrkb said:
    Are you there to moderate the punters? “Oi you - get Behind Closed Doors”
    Mostly I’ll be there to roll my eyes at someone on an amp manufacturers stand making far too much noise 
    I have not seen that particular individual knocking about.
    My ears will be relieved
  • =) Cake? On my birthday? That's what I call service. Now all I have to do is make sure I get back from deepest Russia. My sleeper train (which takes 22 hours) to Moscow leaves in 3 hours.
    Well I've made it to Moscow where it's -12°C so I just need to get home tonight and I'll make the show tomorrow. Looking forward to it!
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6768
    Parking attendant is staying rear overflow car park is for stall holders only - is that correct?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • The stall holders were filling up a chunk of the main car park first thing this morning so they might be encouraging them to move to free up more space. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    mrkb said:
    Parking attendant is staying rear overflow car park is for stall holders only - is that correct?
    Yes. Moving exhibitors to the back so visitors get the best parking
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    It’s all go on the fb stand!!

• Thank the lord for ACS once again x 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    The Fredric Effects stand during the quiet before the storm!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    edited February 2019
    Just watched Bumblefoot and now found somewhere to sit down for five minutes. 
    Such an enjoyable set, not very busy in the marquee. Anyone coming Sunday catching him is a must do - learn about string lengths and dentistry! 
    Mick Taylor of TPS lurking backstage, Chris from the Guitar magazine, Bradders and Neville Marten also spotted. Chris Buck has his set in a bit and has been around ( jamming with Aynsley Lister earlier). Aynsley's guitar tone was amazing, I presume it was @RiftAmps although I missed most of the set and the explanations. 
    Right, I shall carry on spreading my germs around the hall...

Ooh Aziz Ibrahim by PRS. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    edited February 2019
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2082
    Couldn't resist this EBMM Axis Super sport with Piezo....yes I already have one....but this was an absolute bargain I couldn't turn it down...brand new old stock .

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SRichSRich Frets: 762
    Great day. Met some of you, and half recognised several more. Aynsley Lister was terrific and Chris Buck and he did a couple of jammed songs with a lot of eye-contact and guess work going on.

Paul Sayer's Rig Rundown was great....I've never seen so many Lazy J20's in one place. Jesse in the Marquee at that point.

Now having a breather before Steely Dan. Jon Herrington I haven't seen before, so will be especially interesting.

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
    Ron was excellent - funny, engaging and talented. Also enjoyed Paul Sayers rig review. Not so sure about Chris Buck, seemed like an extended blues jam with very little audience interaction, so left after the second aynsley lister jam started - did it get any better?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • mrkb said:
    Ron was excellent - funny, engaging and talented. Also enjoyed Paul Sayers rig review. Not so sure about Chris Buck, seemed like an extended blues jam with very little audience interaction, so left after the second aynsley lister jam started - did it get any better?
    I didn’t watch Buck, that late in the day is the best time to go and try some stuff. I want a Gordon Smith GS1 with a P90 now though. 
    edited February 2019
    mrkb said:
    Bumblefoot

I didn’t watch Buck, that late in the day is the best time to go and try some stuff. I want a Gordon Smith GS1 with a P90 now though. 
    I loved the GS1000 as well, the black one with the tortoiseshell neck binding was superb. Might get a custom spec one later in the year.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4915
    Well, I went today; the car parking was nowhere near adequate for the venue (I expect I'm not the first person to make that observation), so I ended up parking about half a mile away.

The show was pretty good, but in faffing around looking for parking I forgot to take my earplugs, so I bought a pair off a stand; the darned things were difficult to get out at the end of the noisy periods. I have to say that all of the exhibitors were really good at responding to the klaxon and observing the changeover from noisy to quiet.

As for the show and stuff itself, Rotosound forgot to take any bass strings, I bought a multi-pack of Dunlop purple plecs, and I got a lanyard off the Markbass stand.

I did get a demo of the new Boss reactive load amp and it looks like it does what it says on the tin; it's going to be priced around £1150, so it's not cheap, but it might revolutionise guitar recording.

At 2 hours drive each way, I wouldn't call it my most successful day out, but I had a rack of ribs at TGI's on the way home, so it wasn't entirely wasted.
  • Great show @Jason and the best one I've been to of the New Bingley Hall shows. Really good mix of stands, and enjoyed the Live Stage (those attending on Sunday should enjoy Ron Thal who is a really nice guy as well as a great and entertaining player) plus the one Focusrite session I saw. It might help the Sunday attendees if there was a sign for some overflow parking at the rear of the venue plus additional tables/chairs in the marquee.
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    Rather looking forward to it - arrived at Great Barr tonight for the show tomorrow. A few amps Id like to try out, amongst other things.

Out of interest, was there anyone from here eating out at Basmati restaurant tonight? 

Adam