Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New ThorpyFX pedal, "The Dane" Danish Pete's Signature pedal

What's Hot

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30880
    ThorpyFX said:
    he signed ones include a piece of danish memorabilia
    Not sure how long Lurpak keeps out of the fridge?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFX said:
    MrSwanson said:
    Are all those with Andertons the signed by Pete ones?
    yes. He signed and wrote a quip in 200. 125 went to andertons, 75 went to riff city... the signed ones include a piece of danish memorabilia, some lego and a custom signature danish pete Pick.

Cool, gonna get one ordered :)
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Anyone got theirs today? Anyone stuck in front of a tweedy amp? Mine is arriving tomorrow but with a full-on day and late finish there will be no playing in the eve. Properly looking forward to this one. 
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Mine came yodaybit haven't had a chance to try it yet. Not sure if mine is signed or not, only had time for a quick look.
    Handsome pedal though.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Mines arrived, hoping to get 20 mins with it through OX and headphones in a bit....
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6122
    tFB Trader
    ennspek said:
    Mine came yodaybit haven't had a chance to try it yet. Not sure if mine is signed or not, only had time for a quick look.
    Handsome pedal though.
    They all are In this first run
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    dindude said:
    Mines arrived, hoping to get 20 mins with it through OX and headphones in a bit....
    Well 20 mins turned into an hour. Haven’t reallly experimented with the boost side yet but the OD side sounds really fantastic - with both single coils and humbuckers - clarity and touch sensitivity are the two things that stick in the mind. Looking forward to spending some more time with it. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yay!
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Doh. It's signed internally, only just had time to check.
    The pedal in action is simply wonderful. Its delicate and sensitive in a good way.
    Works with every guitar and amp I've tried so far marvellously.
    It's sings or whispers as you want it to just by touch.
    This is just at home volumes, will be sensational turned up.

• Watched the Pete demo and sounds amazing @ThorpyFX, the lows control on the boost is genius.
    If you released a little two-knob boost pedal ;) ...
  • How does this compare to the Peacekeeper?
    tFB Trader
    timbuk02 said:
    Watched the Pete demo and sounds amazing @ThorpyFX, the lows control on the boost is genius.
    If you released a little two-knob boost pedal ;) ...
    indeed.....;)
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • Mine's arrived...just no opp to play yet.
    .looks STUNNING!! Well done Thorpy 
    tFB Trader
    Jeremiah said:
    How does this compare to the Peacekeeper?
    very different, the peacekeeper has more control over the EQ and has more gain available from the drive side. Pete wanted to peg his drive levels to the amount we set and tonally the EW was simplified as he didn't need the amount of control the peacekeeper offers.
  • First impressions (caveat - in very much the initial honeymoon period) are - WOW! Built beautifully and looks stunning. Don’t want to imply criticism of the other pedals, but this slightly more compact format looks gorgeous. 
    Snuck (snook? Sneaked?) a cheeky play through my champ at  low kids-asleep volume with my Tele and its just lovely. The boost adds a real sheen - almost feels like there is a subtle reverb. The drive side is a lovely smooth drive  and very touch/volume sensitive. I could get completely clean notes with gain on full.  But when you boost the drive - awesome sustain! Definitely in hard rock territory. 
    My impressions are that this is what I wish my KoT had been. I’ve immediately got far more rewarding levels of gain. 
    Need to give it a whirl at some proper volume, and I’m really hoping it gets on with my Lazy J - but I’m super chuffed. Well done Adrian!
    tFB Trader
    mattdavis said:
    First impressions (caveat - in very much the initial honeymoon period) are - WOW! Built beautifully and looks stunning. Don’t want to imply criticism of the other pedals, but this slightly more compact format looks gorgeous. 
    Snuck (snook? Sneaked?) a cheeky play through my champ at  low kids-asleep volume with my Tele and its just lovely. The boost adds a real sheen - almost feels like there is a subtle reverb. The drive side is a lovely smooth drive  and very touch/volume sensitive. I could get completely clean notes with gain on full.  But when you boost the drive - awesome sustain! Definitely in hard rock territory. 
    My impressions are that this is what I wish my KoT had been. I’ve immediately got far more rewarding levels of gain. 
    Need to give it a whirl at some proper volume, and I’m really hoping it gets on with my Lazy J - but I’m super chuffed. Well done Adrian!
    thanks very much indeed, I'm so pleased... i hope the honeymoon remains sustained (excuse the pun)
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    First batch all sold out already?! I snooze, I lose!
  • Chalky said:
    FFS. I need to be at work less....I miss everything!
    tFB Trader
    Chalky said:
    FFS. I need to be at work less....I miss everything!
    don't worry, there is more coming and I'm working to accelerate the longest lead-time item!! (the enclosure)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • damm73damm73 Frets: 358
    mattdavis said:

That's interesting, I was thinking almost the exact same thing after having a quick blast on mine last night. Pedals like the Klon and KoT can be initially disappointing because they work better at gig volumes but this was just instant gratification. 

Yes it's the honeymoon period but I'll be getting the Velcro out this evening!