SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Hello Kitty Squier Guitar 3/4 Scale

What's Hot
GadgetGadget Frets: 896
edited October 2018 in Guitars £
Anybody got one of these for sale in good condition at a sensible price? My 10 year old daughter is showing interest in playing, so looking to strike whilst the iron's hot...

I'm in Telford, West Midlands, so I need it either well-packed for postage or can meet-up within the region.

Right-handed, ideally pink, 3/4 scale.

Thanks

I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• barnstormbarnstorm Frets: 632
    There's one of the acoustics on Gumtree for a hundred quid, if that's an option?

• GadgetGadget Frets: 896
    barnstorm said:
    There's one of the acoustics on Gumtree for a hundred quid, if that's an option?

Thanks, but it's definitely the electric I'm after :)
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3451
    @Gadget ;
    There are a few Hello Kitty guitars in the market. This one is full-scale 25.5" unlike a lot of the other HK guitars which are children scale. For instance there's a HK mini strat that's 22.75" scale. Don't know that many 10 year olds, but you might want to have a think if the length of the neck and the string tension are suitable for your daughter. 
    carlos said:
    @Gadget ;
    There are a few Hello Kitty guitars in the market. This one is full-scale 25.5" unlike a lot of the other HK guitars which are children scale. For instance there's a HK mini strat that's 22.75" scale. Don't know that many 10 year olds, but you might want to have a think if the length of the neck and the string tension are suitable for your daughter. 
    I think these discontinued Squiers are 3/4 scale (?) so should hopefully be good. She could probably just about manage with a light, full scale Strat, but I don't want it to be so much of a struggle that she gives up. Plus, the whole 'Hello Kitty' look encourages her attention where other guitars wouldn't.
  • KvaksalverKvaksalver Frets: 17
    edited October 2018
    Black one on dba.dk - danish classifieds site. Shipping from Denmark might crush the budget though: https://www.dba.dk/elguitar-squier-hello-kitt/id-1047729021/

Washburn made a Hannah Montana themed guitar with a shorter scale length - 3/4 methinks. Pretty girly and could be worth a shot, if it doesn't absolutely HAVE to be the Hello Kitty...
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3451
    Gadget said:
    carlos said:
    @Gadget ;
    I think these discontinued Squiers are 3/4 scale (?) so should hopefully be good. She could probably just about manage with a light, full scale Strat, but I don't want it to be so much of a struggle that she gives up. Plus, the whole 'Hello Kitty' look encourages her attention where other guitars wouldn't.
    The one you posted the picture of is a full scale strat with a full scale length. That's what I meant. Also the one that @Kvaksalver posted is also a full scale strat.
    This is the one that's 3/4 scale - https://reverb.com/item/7057650-squire-hello-kitty-mini-stratocaster
    Black one on dba.dk - danish classifieds site. Shipping from Denmark might crush the budget though: https://www.dba.dk/elguitar-squier-hello-kitt/id-1047729021/

Washburn made a Hannah Montana themed guitar with a shorter scale length - 3/4 methinks. Pretty girly and could be worth a shot, if it doesn't absolutely HAVE to be the Hello Kitty...
    Thanks for that, but alas pink with a kitty on it is all that's going to suffice I fear :)
    carlos said:
    Gadget said:
    carlos said:
    @Gadget ;
    The one you posted the picture of is a full scale strat with a full scale length. That's what I meant. Also the one that @Kvaksalver posted is also a full scale strat.
    This is the one that's 3/4 scale - https://reverb.com/item/7057650-squire-hello-kitty-mini-stratocaster
    Ahhh, I understand now, sorry. I thought they were all 3/4, but obviously not. I shall amend my OP then, as although I think she would like the kitty scrathplate one best, the 3/4 scale is more important. Ta :)
  • When my now 2-year old is old enough, I’ll probably have to get her a 3/4 Ibanez PGM
    When my now 2-year old is old enough, I’ll probably have to get her a 3/4 Ibanez PGM
    Nice. Shame they don't do it in pink. Maybe a Hello Kitty sticker would work?
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    gringopig said:
    Full scale. Kitty strap!

Made in 2008. A 10 year old would be ripped to shreds by her peers without a full scale Kitty!
    Hmmm, maybe she could grow into it, shredding or not ;)

You selling?
    edited July 2020

gringopig said:
    Gadget said:
    gringopig said:
    Full scale. Kitty strap!

Made in 2008. A 10 year old would be ripped to shreds by her peers without a full scale Kitty!
    Hmmm, maybe she could grow into it, shredding or not ;)

You selling?
    I would sell. I bought it to sell as a wee experiment but have put off advertising it as it's actually rather good.
    Send me a pm and we can discuss.
    PM sent
    edited July 2020
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    gringopig said:
    Cheers @Gadget ;
    Typed out a response to you then had second thoughts as detailed in pm.

In short: not the best choice for your wee girl. I have linked some good ideas though!
    No worries mate - thanks for your help :)

Still looking, or I may be off to Amazon for an alternative suggested by @gringopig ;
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    edited October 2018
    Not selling, just saying... I bought one of these recently, pink one same as Gringopigs. Plays nice, and genuinely makes me smile every time I walk past the guitar stand it's on. Paid £200 for it. Money well spent.

• yuri_1973yuri_1973 Frets: 101
    edited October 2018
    my two cents here .... I've got both the full size and mini (3/4) one, got them for my 7y old daughter (the full size one still hidden from her), and for a 10 year old I'd go for the full size one if I was you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Bump
  • dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
    If you're still looking, my daughter has decided to move on her 3/4 sized Hello Kitty strat - pink, boxed, with hk strap and in gc. I'm not keen on posting but thought I'd mention it in case you happen to be Cambridge way in the near future. There should be some hk picks somewhere as well if I can find them...
    Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current