Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

HX Stomp

What's Hot

Comments

• PFAllen2PFAllen2 Frets: 238

The extra footswitch option....if I use my Morningstar MC6 MIDI controller can I assign two of the switches on that to do that job?

Can I use the MC6 to change to a specific preset/snapshot, or will I only be able to scroll/bank up/down through one preset at time?

Yes and Yes

CC # 49 - 53 switch FS 1 to 5 and CC# 69 can either recall the snapshots directly or scroll through,.

And on the MC6 setup a different page and add in the looper controls!

Click here for my Trading Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7412
    Apparently the Stomp isn't due in at some stores until the end of December 2018!

Put it this way, I've paid in full so I'll be cancelling if this is the revised date.
    Let me look into this for you. Well, for everyone. I'm kind of out of the loop now with shipping dates. All I know is they are shipping in the US already. The only thing I can put the date here down to is they are selling out fast. Which would be nice. Get back to you ASAP. 
    it's good that we have you as "the UK guy" but kind of moot if we can't get anything but inf on what the US situation is :-( 
    Red ones are better. 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Looks like January to get your hands on one in the UK. Andertons now at December 31 ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3445
    Fretwired said:
    Looks like January to get your hands on one in the UK. Andertons now at December 31 ...
    What's the delivery date for The Fretboard's FX £ section?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2440
    So, just had a chat with my guy here. Delivery is scheduled for 1st Nov. As was the case with Helix, there is simply not enough stock to go round. Confirmed/ paid for orders will be prioritised but of course, it depends on where you are in the queue for the dealer. You may or may not miss the first shipment but there are a few deliveries close together so shouldn't be waiting too long if you're on the list. 

So in short, availability dates are moving as dealers sell through their allocation. Could this become the new KOT? Who knows. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • So, just had a chat with my guy here. Delivery is scheduled for 1st Nov. As was the case with Helix, there is simply not enough stock to go round. Confirmed/ paid for orders will be prioritised but of course, it depends on where you are in the queue for the dealer. You may or may not miss the first shipment but there are a few deliveries close together so shouldn't be waiting too long if you're on the list. 

So in short, availability dates are moving as dealers sell through their allocation. Could this become the new KOT? Who knows. 
    I wonder if the number of existing owners who're buying the Stomp took them by surprised? It's certainly surprised me.
    <space for hire>

KOT????

I wonder if this will hit the rest of the Helix range. Wished I'd ordered one now ...

Fretwired said:

KOT????

I wonder if this will hit the rest of the Helix range. Wished I'd ordered one now ...
    King Of Tone. Roughly a 2 year waiting list. 

As far as impacting on other Helix family sales, I'm not sure it will. There is a strong argument for each unit. I'm doing a thread now to explain the differences and hopefully help people out that are unsure or need help deciding. 

I have already seen a bunch of social media posts where someone who already has the floor, rack or LT now has a stomp as well. I guess if you're completely into the Helix platform, just like an pedalboard rig, a lot of people have multiple for different situations. HX Stomp came in really handy for me the other night for a gig where full Helix would have been completely overkill. I used one preset and 2 switches and it all fit in my gigbag. Perfect. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Silver lining is it makes me a little happier I decided to stick with the HX Effects.  I could have returned it and waited an age for the Stomp.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    Fretwired said:

KOT????

King Of Tone. Roughly a 2 year waiting list. 

As far as impacting on other Helix family sales, I'm not sure it will. There is a strong argument for each unit. I'm doing a thread now to explain the differences and hopefully help people out that are unsure or need help deciding. 

I have already seen a bunch of social media posts where someone who already has the floor, rack or LT now has a stomp as well. I guess if you're completely into the Helix platform, just like an pedalboard rig, a lot of people have multiple for different situations. HX Stomp came in really handy for me the other night for a gig where full Helix would have been completely overkill. I used one preset and 2 switches and it all fit in my gigbag. Perfect. 
    Thanks. Didn't know about the King of Tone.

I agree about the rack .. I have a few friends on FB who have the floor board Helix and use a lot of pedals. They are thinking the HX Stomp maybe a more compact solution if you only want amp/cab sims plus a few FX from the Helix.

I think I may bite the bullet and sell my HD Pro and get a Helix Rack.

• I had planned to wait until it had been released to see about any price drops, but if I'm now having to wait until later in Nov/Dec, then I might just go ahead and pre-order.

I don't mind waiting, my current rig has me more than covered until it arrives :)

• Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2325
    edited October 2018
    EDIT - Let down by the store so I've cancelled.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9526
    Fretwired said:

I must say I agree with this.

Ive had two valve amp failures on consecutive gigs this year; ok only a valve, but it did leave me embarrassed and incredibly stressed. There werent my own amps, buthaving the Stomp as a back up wouldve saved the day...

These events actually prompted my switch to the Kemper, but having owned of all the Helix range at some point, I will be getting a Helix Floor again when one pops up used.

• Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2325
    edited October 2018
    Let down by the store so I'm cancelling for now. I'll wait until after Xmas. I think come Spring this will be cheaper, like the HX effects. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    The bit I'm really struggling to work out from the manual is how it handles as an audio interface. I get that it passes audio to and from computer via USB but there's no suggestion of a screen where you can control monitoring levels or the like - not sure if anyone can shed light on this from a wider Helix perspective? For it to replace my audio interface would mean it's a definite purchase for me but it might be a bit too "light" in this functionality.
    dindude said:
    The bit I'm really struggling to work out from the manual is how it handles as an audio interface. I get that it passes audio to and from computer via USB but there's no suggestion of a screen where you can control monitoring levels or the like - not sure if anyone can shed light on this from a wider Helix perspective? For it to replace my audio interface would mean it's a definite purchase for me but it might be a bit too "light" in this functionality.
    The master volume works as your level control. Is that what you mean?

dindude said:
    Yes, but can you also control level of signal coming back from PC for monitoring?
    dindude said:
    dindude said:
    Yes, but can you also control level of signal coming back from PC for monitoring?
    I'm gonna be straight up and honest, I struggle with the whole recording thing at the moment. My needs have always been as basic as they come. It's something I'm working on. Hopefully, this will answer your questions. Sorry, I'm thick. 

https://i.imgur.com/1STpJ1j.png

Thanks @rossyamaha and no worries, can't say that the diagram makes a whole lot of sense to me either - I'll join you in not being an expert on these things.
  • dindude said:
    Thanks @rossyamaha and no worries, can't say that the diagram makes a whole lot of sense to me either - I'll join you in not being an expert on these things.
    In Helix there is a trim for playback in the global settings. It’s not the easiest to access but it’s still only a couple button presses away

you can’t access global settings through Helix edit however