Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

HX Stomp

What's Hot

Comments

• Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2296
    I'm playing bass at the mo, and my LT is overkill for it and the guitar player is now using it. I can get by with a zoom b3n, but I'm interested in this now. Whether it's worth the extra expense is another thing. Shame there is no XLR out... Missed a trick there.
    I'm wondering that....do you just use the quarter out to a desk?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm playing bass at the mo, and my LT is overkill for it and the guitar player is now using it. I can get by with a zoom b3n, but I'm interested in this now. Whether it's worth the extra expense is another thing. Shame there is no XLR out... Missed a trick there.
    I'm wondering that....do you just use the quarter out to a desk?
    or USB for direct recording??

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_A said:
    If it will do "clean" -> "Heavy crunch" -> soaring lead.. I'm definitely interested... 

although I'm not into FRFR, it doesn't appeal; so it'd be Baby bomb into a Cab...  unless i fancy a PowerCab..

wonder if it will use IR's too??
    Pretty sure the original link said it supported IR's, but if you are using a Baby bomb into a Cab then surely you wouldn't need them
    more a forethought for home recording use or the possibility of getting a Powercab eventually
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• Musicman20 said: I'm wondering that....do you just use the quarter out to a desk?
    Yeah or to DI. A lot of people run to the desk and their own floor or in ear monitor with modellers these days. That would mean mono only? Or if you want to run straight to desk and to onstage amp/cab it's cab sims on as it's not going to having the different routing to separate outputs.
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    John_A said:
    If it will do "clean" -> "Heavy crunch" -> soaring lead.. I'm definitely interested... 

although I'm not into FRFR, it doesn't appeal; so it'd be Baby bomb into a Cab...  unless i fancy a PowerCab..

Pretty sure the original link said it supported IR's, but if you are using a Baby bomb into a Cab then surely you wouldn't need them
    more a forethought for home recording use or the possibility of getting a Powercab eventually
    Yes it would be handy, and apparently it does :)

For recording I normally put the IR on later rather than tracking with it anyway, and a powercab has built in emulation or IR support on the + model 
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    John_A said:

Since even the HX supports IR I can't imagine it wouldn't (If you'll forgive the double negative)

Musicman20 said: I'm wondering that....do you just use the quarter out to a desk?
    Yeah or to DI. A lot of people run to the desk and their own floor or in ear monitor with modellers these days. That would mean mono only? Or if you want to run straight to desk and to onstage amp/cab it's cab sims on as it's not going to having the different routing to separate outputs.
    It has a send output, you could use that to route to an on-stage amp and the main out to the desk
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Paul Hindmarsh posted it on his FB too - said Anderton's vid is due soon

• John_A said:
    It has a send output, you could use that to route to an on-stage amp and the main out to the desk
    Ah yes. If you can put a send block in to route to that before a cab sim then I better find £300 odd quid pretty soon.
  • preston61preston61 Frets: 690
    PFAllen2 said:
    preston61 said:
    Cabicular said:
    preston61 said:
    It also has a headphone output, something the HX is missing
    I’m not sure why you would have a headphone socket on an FX unit? Makes sense in a modeller though

Probably just me who needed it when I had the HX (I don't play in to an amp, just a mixing desk, so at home a headphone out would've been helpful)
    A Google image search for HX Stomp shows the headphone socket on the left side panel, beside the MIDI sockets!
    Think you've miss read the comment fella :-)
    edited October 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw8DG6heYYY

On another note, how do I post a youtube link here so it shows in the thread?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Looks like I just did :)
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Well obviously I'm going to need one of these.
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2439
    Here you go. We're live.

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• 0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Any questions fire away. 

• Thought Lee Andertons was oddly negative in that video. Clearly the Stomp lacks features compared to the bigger Helix models, but that's the whole point isn't it, there's a choice of size, price and functionality in the range. It's like complaining to Nissan you can't get a sofa in the back of a Micra.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • This looks ace as a potential replacement to my aging boss GT-10. I use all amp dirt so the 6 blocks limitation is fine for me. I run wah outboard too so this just has to handle switching my amp via midi and fx.

Will wait to see price but if it comes in at say £100 or so less than the hx effects it's almost a no brainer for me.

Have to say line 6 are killing it here, I remember saying way back in the original axe-fx days that the market would really be interesting when someone with economies of scale got into the high end modelling game and I think this is it. 

Absolutely text book go to market, start with the full fat expensive model, which is also the largest, prove out the technology. Cover the plugin market with HX live then progressively bring in offerings to cover all the various price points presumably incorporating information from the original designs as an aid to bringing it together in smaller form factors.

@rossyamaha Since you offered up question answering services.....there's a discount program for helix native if you own a helix...I don't suppose theres anything in the works for the reverse for guys like me who just bought the plugin? 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ

• Will wait to see price but if it comes in at say £100 or so less than the hx effects it's almost a no brainer for me.
    Andertons have it at £469...
    <space for hire>