Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

HX Stomp

What's Hot

Comments

• Will wait to see price but if it comes in at say £100 or so less than the hx effects it's almost a no brainer for me.
    Andertons have it at £469...
    I reckon it will drop a bit after launch....hoping so anyway :)
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bit pricey for me. But I expect the price will drop. Still tempted by HX Effects.

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2439

@rossyamaha Since you offered up question answering services.....there's a discount program for helix native if you own a helix...I don't suppose theres anything in the works for the reverse for guys like me who just bought the plugin? 
    Afraid not. Sorry. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    As primarily a bass player, and a helix full fat owner, if the original bass models and effects are included, then this could actually kill stone dead a whole bunch of bass Preamp pedals. The lack of DI out is a slight limitation, but I could see it going on a board with a clean DI only box and wiping out pretty much any other Preamp Di pedal I have. 

With the modelled darkglass effects (and presumably more to come) it could be the ultimate bass mini board box......!
    As primarily a bass player, and a helix full fat owner, if the original bass models and effects are included, then this could actually kill stone dead a whole bunch of bass Preamp pedals. The lack of DI out is a slight limitation, but I could see it going on a board with a clean DI only box and wiping out pretty much any other Preamp Di pedal I have. 

With the modelled darkglass effects (and presumably more to come) it could be the ultimate bass mini board box......!
    So just to be clear, HX Stomp has every model that the full Helix has. EVERYTHING! While it doesn't have an XLR out the main outs are balanced TRS and can be instrument or line level so could absolutely be used as a DI box. For guitar or bass. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

So just to be clear, HX Stomp has every model that the full Helix has. EVERYTHING! While it doesn't have an XLR out the main outs are balanced TRS and can be instrument or line level so could absolutely be used as a DI box. For guitar or bass. 
    I think I might dislike you a bit now. Grrrr

:D
  • What are its dimensions @rossyamaha ?
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Well, just watched the anderton’s video and this is exactly what I’ve been wishing for.  I’m in :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Well that’s my GK Plex purchase out the window..

• @rossyamaha Since you offered up question answering services.....there's a discount program for helix native if you own a helix...I don't suppose theres anything in the works for the reverse for guys like me who just bought the plugin? 
    Afraid not. Sorry. 
    I didnt think so but doesnt hurt to ask :)
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ

@rossyamaha Since you offered up question answering services.....there's a discount program for helix native if you own a helix...I don't suppose theres anything in the works for the reverse for guys like me who just bought the plugin? 
    Afraid not. Sorry. 
    I didnt think so but doesnt hurt to ask :)
    You should have held off that behringer purchase mate :D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hoping it was going to be a bit cheaper than that... If it ever gets below 400 I reckon I'm in.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    edited October 2018
    Fuck yes this is what I've been hoping for - if the price is right I can see me getting one for sure. I don't need the functionality of the full fat or even LT, had considered an Amplifire box but felt bit limited functionality wise. So long as I can have 3 snapshots for crunch, driven rhythm and lead across the 3 switches I'm happy.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27590
    So just to be clear, HX Stomp has every model that the full Helix has. Everything! 
    Sorry, thicko here - including the looper? 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Sporky said:
    So just to be clear, HX Stomp has every model that the full Helix has. Everything! 
    Sorry, thicko here - including the looper? 
    Absolutely.  

What are its dimensions @rossyamaha ?
    @paganskins don't have them to hand but it's basically the same size as a big box Strymon. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Also, if anyone wants to design a new board around this, it's already on pedal playground. 

Isn’t the 3A power requirement going to make it tough to power up on a board with an isolated supply?
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2296
    Luckily a store offered me a discount because of past purchases and my R8 just got refunded so I'm in.