Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

HX Stomp

What's Hot

Comments

• Fretwired said:
    If you don't want amp models, surely the HX FX would be better? I really don't need amp and cab sims, just something else for me to get bogged down in.

This is adorable though
    I think the benefit is you could send the output to the PA or a recording interface, hence the amp sims. It means you could just need a pedal board and a guitar. No humping heavy amps.
    Are these the same amp and cab sims as the Helix? Are they any good?
    Yes, yes, and according to most people, yes. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It’s interesting that it has the colour screen included. It seems a little odd that they missed that off the hxfx as there’s no doubt it makes navigation really easy. I assume it was a size constraint but given it’s on the smaller one it feels like the hxfx is missing out a bit there. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    Stu_tate said:
    Give me the HX Effects in the Stomp size then I can finally retire my M5. 
    This is basically what I want
    Me too, it would replace the G3 in my life 
  • A note for anyone who ordered (like me..) or was thinking about ordering... they were supposed to be in today but they won't be in stock until November now. Crazy...
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7350
    edited October 2018
    I'd it had an XLR in it would kill the  acoustic singer-player pedal market! (Comp, para eqs, vocal reverb etc) 
    Red ones are better. 
    But looks ace in any case
    Red ones are better. 
  • TimmyO said:
    I'd it had an XLR in it would kill the  acoustic singer-player pedal market! (Comp, para eqs, vocal reverb etc) 
    I vaguely remember reading somewhere that you're better using external DI boxes after these kinds of units when plugging into a PA in case the mixer is faulty and sends a current back down the cable or something like that? As then only your DI box would be damaged and not your expensive kit? That could be complete crap though
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    The only current coming down from the mixer would be phantom power and that shouldn't cause any issue (although ironically in Helix full fat it does ) 
    Red ones are better. 
  • I've just watch a few videos.. it seems bank UP/DOWN can be achieved by pressing switch 1 and 2 (or 2 and 3) simultaneously...

The obvious purchased would be the Mission SP1 L6 to bolster controls, which adds £150 approx
    Wouldn't you then be looking at used helix lt for that kind of money?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5326
    I'm surprised this hasn't appeared on YouTube yet. Normally such announcements are beaten by videos by Andertons, Ola, et al all appearing within the same hour as an embargo ends. 
    There's an Anderton's video that went up yesterday :)
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2439
    So for everyone asking why they should buy this instead of a Helix Floor or LT or even a HXFX for that matter, I'll be putting together a proper comparison/ argument for each over the next couple of days. 

Just landed back from 2 weeks in LA and have a 3 hour train ride so a bit fried. Need to get home, do some washing, fix the freezer and have a sit down wee. As soon as thats all done, I'll get something down for anyone that is confused where every product sits etc. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • rossyamaha said: 
    ... and have a sit down wee. 
    Good man!!!
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• I recently got an HX Effects which is still within the return period. Now wondering about returning it and getting one of these. I’m not a big effects user so the 6 blocks limit should not be an issue. Part of the appeal with the HX was the (relatively) small form factor, and this beats it comfortably on that score. And it would give me a chance to explore whether I’m interested in going down the amp modelling route.

I suppose the disadvantage would be less ease of use, quite an important one given my technical ineptitude, but on the whole this looks a better fit for me than the HX Effects.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • I recently got an HX Effects which is still within the return period. Now wondering about returning it and getting one of these. I’m not a big effects user so the 6 blocks limit should not be an issue. Part of the appeal with the HX was the (relatively) small form factor, and this beats it comfortably on that score. And it would give me a chance to explore whether I’m interested in going down the amp modelling route.

I suppose the disadvantage would be less ease of use, quite an important one given my technical ineptitude, but on the whole this looks a better fit for me than the HX Effects.
    Yes I have just bought one and beginning to wish i hadn't and had waited instead
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • So for everyone asking why they should buy this instead of a Helix Floor or LT or even a HXFX for that matter, I'll be putting together a proper comparison/ argument for each over the next couple of days. 

Just landed back from 2 weeks in LA and have a 3 hour train ride so a bit fried. Need to get home, do some washing, fix the freezer and have a sit down wee. As soon as thats all done, I'll get something down for anyone that is confused where every product sits etc. 
    Dude wassup with the release date for uk stock being pushed to November now!
    So for everyone asking why they should buy this instead of a Helix Floor or LT or even a HXFX for that matter, I'll be putting together a proper comparison/ argument for each over the next couple of days. 

Dude wassup with the release date for uk stock being pushed to November now!
    Genuinely no idea. Meetings next week so will try and find out. 

• TimmyO said:
    No reason you can’t use an XLR-TRS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Snags said: by
    I'm surprised this hasn't appeared on YouTube yet. Normally such announcements are beaten by videos by Andertons, Ola, et al all appearing within the same hour as an embargo ends. 
    Keep up, I'm the one that posted it. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Just got home. Look what was waiting for me!! 

https://imgur.com/a/oGL7iOx

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5326
    Snags said: by
    Keep up, I'm the one that posted it. 
    Oops. Could have sworn there was only one page on this and it wasn't referenced when i posted that. Hey ho.