Fairfield Accountant

JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6021
Heard lots of good things about this little comp so overcame my aversion to micro pedals and picked up a used one. Found it okay on guitar but nothing special imo; when I AB'd it with an old (battery only) Dyna Comp, the Dyna won me with it's warmth and crush. But the Fairfield with bass is something else. Fabulous little box of tricks with a range of sounds from smooth levelling that sounds rich and precise through to a rasping grit when comp is maxed and Pad on zero. I'll try it some more with guitar, as it's so epic with bass there must be some good 6 string sounds in there, I just haven't found them yet - or perhaps it doesn't like a solid state amp, I'll try it with valves. Highly impressed.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Disagree that it doesn't work with guitar, it warms up a guitar's tone beautifully with a bit of grit.

Genuinely used an Accountant with a Roland JC40, and playing a Jazzmaster into it, the clean tones through the comp were just superb, and it even made the distortion on the amp usable. Genuinely considering this combo for my new set up.
  • I use mine with my guitars too and really like it, it’s always on. Can be very subtle if you want it to be. I’ve never tried it with my bass though, I’ll need to give that a go.