Recommendation for a guitar tutor in Bolton

I'm a 59 year old (today) and I've been attempting to learn to play guitar for around 18 months. I have both electric and acoustic and as my wife still works and I'm retired there is no excuse for me not to have the time to practise. I pick up a guitar every day and spend between 30 - 120 minutes a day messing about. 

I have progressed a little but am coming round to realise that I'd benefit from lessons but being a tight git I don't like parting with money when there is so much stuff on the internet: )

I'm finding that with the internet that there is almost too much stuff and I flit around all over the show.

If I try and define what it is I'd like to learn (other than play guitar to a reasonable standard) I'm not sure... my musical tastes are wide.

I have tried Guitar Tricks but just didn't take to their style, I find Justin Guitar better but I get bored probably because I'm a people person and would like feedback.

I understand finding the right instructor is important so if anyone can recommend someone in the Bolton area I'd appreciate it.

I'd also probably benefit from a guitar buddy of similar ability to bounce off and motivate each other, my brother plays but unfortunately he's over 100 miles away and my mates aren't interested.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    Just a thought - I'm not in Bolton (but used to be, 40 years ago!), but have you thought of giving HW Music a try to see if they can make any recommendations? If you speak to Rob there, just mention Dave with the Vintage 47 amp, and he'll know me - he's very helpful. 
    Call me Dave.
  • Not in Bolton I’m afraid but if you’re willing to travel, Colin Lambert in Frodsham is peerless. 
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
  • wwwwww Frets: 72
    Not in Bolton I’m afraid but if you’re willing to travel, Colin Lambert in Frodsham is peerless. 

You haven't got his contact details have you? I'm only down the road from him