Is there a list of common intervallic chord progressions??

What's Hot
Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
Just curious really; is there a monolithic list anywhere of common chord progressions? We all know the I-IV-V minor for example... but for those of us who mostly play by feel, it might be a useful resource to have.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

I can't think of one, but that's not a bad idea.

For a lot of rock songs try mVi, V IV, or Minor 6, 5, 4. Commonl;y in Eminor (Em, D, C) see (a huge amount of) Iron Maiden for details. Also in Am  Am, G, F (Stairway.......) and Dminor (Dm, C, Bb) (Maiden - Fear of the Dark) with an F and G...

When I've figured out how to put it up, I've written the basics of chord and scale theory, but it doesn't want to leave my 'puter, and finding chords in a scale

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChristophEarChristophEar Frets: 46
    edited August 2013
    I haven't seen an epic list anywhere, but here are a few good references I've come across:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1526
    Try Ted Greene modern chord progressions (book). Lots to choose from.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PauloPaulo Frets: 65
    edited October 2013
    ChristophEar;1828" said:
    I haven't seen an epic list anywhere, but here are a few good references I've come across:

Musictheory.net lesson on building progressionsIdiotsguides.com list of common progressions11 classic progressions infographicThe "Trends" part of HookTheory.com is also quite cool for exploring this type of thing.
    Great links many thanks!

• vizviz Frets: 10681
    edited April 2019
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • PhilW1PhilW1 Frets: 941
    Paulo said:
    ChristophEar;1828" said:

Musictheory.net lesson on building progressionsIdiotsguides.com list of common progressions11 classic progressions infographicThe "Trends" part of HookTheory.com is also quite cool for exploring this type of thing.
    Great links many thanks!

I’ll second that ,,thanks.