This pedal is one of several with valid claims to the crown as 'Ultimate Tube Screamer', so why am I selling it? The answer lies in 3 pedal boards, a drawer full of 'spare' pedals, goodness knows how many other dirt pedals among them, and the fact that I haven't really used this one in 3 years!
If you don't know what a Tube Screamer is, stop reading now and go get an edumacation. Otherwise read on:The Plus Points
The Minus Points
- The DRIVE control doesn't just alter the gain - it's a dual gang pot, and it also mixes between the drive section and a clean buffer, meaning minimum drive is completely clean. Yes, that's the same trick that the Klon Centaur employs.
- It has an internal voltage doubler, giving it loads of headroom when used as a clean boost. Yes, another Klon trick.
- It's a Tube Screamer built around two 4558 chips.
- It's made in Japan (usually considered a Very Good Thing).
- It has a big fat mid boost, perfect for fattening up your Fender guitar/amp setup.
- It comes in its original box with the manual.
- It will work from a standard Boss-type power supply, or a PP3 battery (neither included).
- The base plate has never been gunked up with velcro.
- There are quite a few scratches to the paint, which I have tried to show in the photos.
- It's not true bypass.
- There is sometimes a crackle on the DRIVE control when adjusting it (but not when you're actually playing through it).
delivered within mainland UK.The Photos