Gibson Ukulele - badly damaged

AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 911
edited December 2018 in Other Instruments
I have (or rather had) a Gibson soprano uke which I think dates from the early 1950s going by the serial number.
I won't go into the whys and hows but it got badly damaged. Basically the soundboard has two very large splits in it and has partly come away from the sides.
The neck, sides and back are still intact and okay. It looks like it's been previously been given a very amateur refinish and I suspect the bridge may not be the original.

Here's some photos - https://imgur.com/a/KLqbiOl

TBH, I'm not really interested in keeping this so I don't want to spend what presumably would be a lot of money getting it fixed....if that is even possible?
Is it worth anything much in this condition? I guess I could just stick it on Ebay and see what happens but I just thought I'd post it up here first.
If anyone is interested in this as a repair project let me know.
Cheers

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• That's cool my son plays uke, what sort of price do you want for it? Could be a fun project..  
  • AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 911
    I've sent you a PM
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    Take the strings off NOW, or at least completely de-tune them if you haven't already.

If Strangefan isn't going to buy it, PM me.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 911
    ICBM said:
    Take the strings off NOW, or at least completely de-tune them if you haven't already.

Have no fear..they are completely de-tuned, and I'm afraid Strangefan has bought it  :)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    AlbertC said:
    ICBM said:

Have no fear..they are completely de-tuned, and I'm afraid Strangefan has bought it  :)
    :D No problem.

But you do really need to tell us who sat on it/hit who over the head with it, or the story is much less interesting ;).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson