Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Solskjaer OUT!!!! (& Man U still rubbish!)

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
edited January 2022 in Off Topic
Only joking, but it does seem like a rather strange appointment to me. 
5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• He's achieved nothing so far in the Man Utd manager role, I can't believe he's still in the hot seat
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    edited December 2018
    To be fair, he as won as much as Klopp at Liverpool
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • deanodeano Frets: 622
    He has a 100% record so far at Manchester United! How can you even think about replacing someone as successful as that?

All Solskjaer needs to do is tell the team to go out and play attacking football. We will win enough to finish in the top-half of the table and you never know, we might push on upwards into the European places. A good cup run and it will be seen as a good second half to the season for him.

To be fair, who else would have taken the job knowing they will be out the door when Pochettino arrives? I suspect Solskjaer is hoping he does so well they want him to stay on (unlikely but stranger things have happened), or more realistically that he becomes part of Pochettino's staff as assistant manager for example, to guide Pochettino in the ways of Manchester United. He knows the club and the weight of expectation any new manager will have and if someone like Solskjaer can help Pochettino to understand the club, and to help him make the step up from an average club to the worlds biggest club then all the better for Pochettino.

Pochettino needs to realise that the manager of Manchester United is the second highest profile job in management after the England manager - perhaps even the highest.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    I wouldn't be surprised if Poch stays at Spurs. He has great support, has a great group of players, and is playing really good football. Would he trade all of that for a bigger transfer budget, but a team (and club) with major structural issues? Not so sure. 

And as much as I would like to see him at United from a selfish point of view, I actually hope he stays at Spurs and pushes gets a few trophies with them first. The players deserve it.

I don't expect massive changes one Solskjaer's appointment will suddenly fix United's issues on the pitch, but 5th/6th would be great. 4th is a dream a think. It will be interesting to see how he manages the PSG games though. Will United still be an empty shell of a side by then, or will they have some confidence back? It will be interesting to see.. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    quarky said:
    I wouldn't be surprised if Poch stays at Spurs. He has great support, has a great group of players, and is playing really good football. Would he trade all of that for a bigger transfer budget, but a team (and club) with major structural issues? Not so sure. 

And as much as I would like to see him at United from a selfish point of view, I actually hope he stays at Spurs and pushes gets a few trophies with them first. The players deserve it.

I don't expect massive changes one Solskjaer's appointment will suddenly fix United's issues on the pitch, but 5th/6th would be great. 4th is a dream a think. It will be interesting to see how he manages the PSG games though. Will United still be an empty shell of a side by then, or will they have some confidence back? It will be interesting to see.. 
    I'm a Spurs supporter and a realist. He'll leave. Spurs don't have the financial muscle and whilst they are currently a top 6 side they won't win the Champions League nor the Premiership. For that you need a club like Man Utd.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Like with many things in life, cycles of dominance come to an end. This started a while back at Man U with a pretty average team that Fergie left, coupled with the appointment of Moyes. Fellaini...really?? And a host of other odd signings. Obviously Mourinho’s style of play and his attitude is not suited to the Premier League and, probably neither anywhere else.

Pochettino would be mad to be sucked into the history and previous successes of Man U. A better decision for him would be La Liga.
    Zoolooter said:
    Like with many things in life, cycles of dominance come to an end. This started a while back at Man U with a pretty average team that Fergie left, coupled with the appointment of Moyes. Fellaini...really?? And a host of other odd signings. Obviously Mourinho’s style of play and his attitude is not suited to the Premier League and, probably neither anywhere else.

Pochettino would be mad to be sucked into the history and previous successes of Man U. A better decision for him would be La Liga.
    Possibly. Although in a few years time we might be able to point the finger at Manchester City's breach of the FFP regulations as the end of their dominance. As you say things go in cycles.

Perhaps with Pochettino in charge the cycle may go around and around and around again, and Manchester United enter a period dominance. After all cycles work for everyone.

Perhaps Pochettino wants to be part of the history of Manchester United and be part of the successes. We can't use managers who quail at the responsibility. I don't see Pochettino as a coward.
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Manchester United are still one of the world's biggest clubs, any football manager should be honoured to take on the challenge of getting them back to their best. They are professionals remember.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    proggy said:
    Manchester United are still one of the world's biggest clubs, any football manager should be honoured to take on the challenge of getting them back to their best. They are professionals remember.
    And the ones who do shoulder the responsibility get spoken of in the same breath as Sir Alex, Bob Paisley (yes he was a great manager) , Pep Guardiola and Sir Alf Ramsey.

The ones who do a good job at clubs like Spurs or Chelsea are not put in their bracket.

To be fair Pep is not in that bracket for his work at City but rather for his work at Barcelona, who are one of the three truly great clubs.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    deano said:
    proggy said:
    And the ones who do shoulder the responsibility get spoken of in the same breath as Sir Alex, Bob Paisley (yes he was a great manager) , Pep Guardiola and Sir Alf Ramsey.

The ones who do a good job at clubs like Spurs or Chelsea are not put in their bracket.

To be fair Pep is not in that bracket for his work at City but rather for his work at Barcelona, who are one of the three truly great clubs.

Agreed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The very title of this made me laugh out loud @axisus ;

Very droll. 

Well played @axisus
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Zoolooter said:

As a huge fan of Poch, I agree. 

FWIW, I don't think his management style would suit MU as well.  I see Poch to be a manager who is at his best when he is working with young players, ones he can develop exactly to play his style of football - maybe I have made such an assessment as he's generally had his hands tied behind his back when it comes to transfers but I don't see him as a 'chequebook' manager and he'd have to manage huge egos (eg Pogba, Neymar and so on).  At MU, there will always be 'marquee'/ego players, they have been a part of the club's identity for longer than Pogba.  Which isn't to say Spurs do not have their marquee players eg  'Arry Kane, but they seem to be the rare few players who seem to be pretty easy to manage for the best part of the time. 

I'd see Poch working really well at Barce, but there's no chance of that happening as he pretty much said in other words he truly despises Barce, which then leaves Real as his only real major La Liga player but Real have very tight finances and need a major overhaul of their aging squad. 

He will leave Spurs at one point, and I'm struggling to see him not manage PSG at sometime in the future.  IMO, he'd be a fool to join MU instead of PSG in the future.  He's said he wants to manage PSG as well, and it makes a lot of sense as he was their captain as a player. 

Back to Ole Gunnar.... I actually think his job is one of the easiest a MU manager has had post SAF.  The expectations are so low as JM's football was so bad and even if it is the fans won't give him any shit as he won't as much of a miserable bastard of JM. 
  • starwarsnosebleedstarwarsnosebleed Frets: 2357
    edited December 2018
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12325
    He ditched the scummers for spurs when they were not too far apart, he will ditch spurs too for his career, the prestige of Man U is still real even if their current position is not, same reason managers leave the likes of saints (scummers) for spurs or everton bigger histories.

If Madrid come in he will likely go to them rather than Man U as they have more prestige.
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1841
    axisus said:j
    Especially when Man U legend and managerial whizz Mark Hughes is available.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Sesh said:
    axisus said:j
    Especially when Man U legend and managerial whizz Mark Hughes is available.
    Well, you got that half right..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Strange how people who aren't fans of Manchester United want to foist poor managers onto us. It's almost as if they want Manchester United to do badly.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    don't worry he soon will be - OUT of his depth...

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Strange how people who aren't fans of Manchester United want to foist poor managers onto us. It's almost as if they want Manchester United to do badly.
    Spurs fans want United to win the CL now.

• Let’s give him another week  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom