Solskjaer OUT!!!! (& Man U still rubbish!)

What's Hot

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    axisus said:
    underdog said:
    axisus said:
    underdog said:
    ronnyb said:
    Enough of these lesser teams, the mighty Tottenham Hotspur have just knocked citeh out!
     although as a United fan I’ll be hoping City win.

What the actual f**k 

I honestly can't see how anyone (let alone their actual closest rivals) apart from City fans would want to see them win anything, they are everything that is wrong with modern football and I'd take anyone winning it over them with the exception of Everton.
    Sometimes with football you just have to accept the least worst option. I would prefer no-one to win the Champion's league now that Man U are out, but that ain't gonna happen.

And City, your closest rivals buying another title is the least worst option in your eyes? Baffling.
    My eyes? I think you are confusing me with the person you were talking about. I want City to fail every possible time. No trophies! This year is painful ... City or Liverpool for the title ... kill me now.

Sorry man I thought you were agreeing with his view
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7106
    "city buying the title" 

because liverpool haven't spent any money 

lol
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99 said:
    "city buying the title" 

lol
    It may very well transpire that they didn't need to....

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    edited April 2019
    This is well worth the watch (Although take with a pinch of salt, I don't know how accurate it is)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvwKhRi8xCE
    damnit.
  • We should help Real with their balance of payments problem by taking Modric, Cruz and Bale off their hands...we could do a part ex with Pogba, who I'm simply out of patience with. 

I'm dead serious. 
    edited April 2019
    tony99 said:
    "city buying the title" 

lol

Liverpool have spent the money from player sales and club profits though. Selling Coutinho paid for Alisson and VVD, also we have posted huge profits.

City have a fake and over price sponsorship deal in amongst the other dodgy ways they're tried to inject money, they have virtually 2 full teams of expensive world class players, Liverpool have a left back that cost £8m from a relegated team, and a RB who came through our academy.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    underdog said:
    tony99 said:
    "city buying the title" 

lol

Liverpool have spent the money from player sales and club profits though. Selling Coutinho paid for Alisson and VVD, also we have posted huge profits.

City have a fake and over price sponsorship deal in amongst the other dodgy ways they're tried to inject money, they have virtually 2 full teams of expensive world class players, Liverpool have a left back that cost £8m from a relegated team, and a RB who came through our academy.

I'd recommend you just stick to talking about the "on pitch" stuff seriously. Your team are playing very well, there's no need to get into who's got the right to be successful or not.

Besides, there's one or two people still left living in the delapidated area immediately around anfield who may well question any inherent righteousness that liverpool may claim to have.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tony99 said:
    underdog said:
    tony99 said:
    "city buying the title" 

lol

I'd recommend you just stick to talking about the "on pitch" stuff seriously. Your team are playing very well, there's no need to get into who's got the right to be successful or not.

Besides, there's one or two people still left living in the delapidated area immediately around anfield who may well question any inherent righteousness that liverpool may claim to have.

Righteousness? Was just point out actual facts to be honest with you 
  • ourmaninthenorthourmaninthenorth Frets: 3418
    edited April 2019
    tony99 said:
    underdog said:
    tony99 said:
    "city buying the title" 

lol

I think intellectually you're hinting at a very robust and important point - namely the "get em out by friday" vibe of property acquisition in the area following the aborted Stanley Park move -  that certainly warrants discussion. I would respectfully suggest however not here, and not now. We're already on a gypsy's warning for certain flagged content, and I for one would like to see this thread stay live and not BCD, at least to the end of the season. 

Perhaps we can make it the closed season topic to take us up to August?  There's definitely enough material to take us there.  

How about it Gents...midfield formations and leave the corporate ( small c ) for another day? 
    tony99 said:
    underdog said:
    tony99 said:
    "city buying the title" 

lol

I think intellectually you're hinting at a very robust and important point - namely the "get em out by friday" vibe of property acquisition in the area failing the aborted Stanley Park move -  that certainly warrants discussion. I would respectfully suggest however not here, and not now. We're already on a gypsy's warning for certain flagged content, and I for one would like to see this thread stay live and not BCD, at least to the end of the season. 

Perhaps we can make it the closed season topic to take us up to August?  There's definitely enough material to take us there.  

How about it Gents...midfield formations and leave the corporate ( small c ) for another day? 
    Absolutely, it's why I recommended sticking to the on pitch stuff 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14229
    tFB Trader
    We should help Real with their balance of payments problem by taking Modric, Cruz and Bale off their hands...we could do a part ex with Pogba, who I'm simply out of patience with. 

I'm dead serious. 
    There is no doubt about it, when he wants to play, that Pogba is excellent - The question is does he want to play for MUFC - Just a gut feeling, but I think he knows that he is not going to win any/many major honours with this MUFC side - As such his heart is not in it and I think he is just waiting until another major side comes in for him - ie is he just a glory hunter ?
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22791
    We should help Real with their balance of payments problem by taking Modric, Cruz and Bale off their hands...we could do a part ex with Pogba, who I'm simply out of patience with. 

I'm dead serious. 
    Bringing in a bunch of big-ticket 30 year olds as a short term fix would be very Mourinho-esque.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_Q said:

I'm dead serious. 
    Bringing in a bunch of big-ticket 30 year olds as a short term fix would be very Mourinho-esque.
    I think we need a short term fix, to remain both competitive and relevant across all the major competitions. and to give the 5 youth team players that have star written all over them that we have, a little time to develop. An addendum to that is it will also buy the board some time to develop some sort of workable enduring business model to strike the right balance between buying in and developing from the juniors up. That's not just an MUFC , that's an any club thing. 

Simply buying the big ticket worldwide players is simply not sustainable for the game, let alone individual clubs. 

All long term strategies have to start somewhere...more often than not in short term action that appears a little counter-intuitive. 

I think Modric is the best midfielder in the world, imagine what he could bring to any club for 5 years. Bale's got plenty left in his legs, and is quite clearly out of favour at Real. Tony Cruz is a cunning bugger, who's looked after himself well. We could get 5 years of service from them, and about 500 years of football brain between them to pass down to the young 'uns. 
  • We should help Real with their balance of payments problem by taking Modric, Cruz and Bale off their hands...we could do a part ex with Pogba, who I'm simply out of patience with. 

I'm dead serious. 
    There is no doubt about it, when he wants to play, that Pogba is excellent - The question is does he want to play for MUFC - Just a gut feeling, but I think he knows that he is not going to win any/many major honours with this MUFC side - As such his heart is not in it and I think he is just waiting until another major side comes in for him - ie is he just a glory hunter ?
    I saw him play as a kid Mark, he was head and shoulders above everyone else, in every sense of the word. Now, he seems to come off second best when he sharing a pitch with an opposite superstar. 

He is definitely not the finished article in my view. He needs to learn his trade properly before dictating terms to anyone. He could start by taking 3 less touches every time he gets the bloody ball. I think he misses Pirlo. 
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3494

I'm dead serious. 
    I saw him play as a kid Mark, he was head and shoulders above everyone else, in every sense of the word. Now, he seems to come off second best when he sharing a pitch with an opposite superstar. 

He is definitely not the finished article in my view. He needs to learn his trade properly before dictating terms to anyone. He could start by taking 3 less touches every time he gets the bloody ball. I think he misses Pirlo. 
    IMO Pogba's effectiveness is compromised by the lack of a truly world class water carrier, which he has for France in Kante/Matuidi.  At Juve, they might have not a water carrier of such an ilk (a few good ones though Khedira, Marchisio), but they had a CB in Chiellini, who's organisational skills are up there with the very best.  Pogba has great ability to move the ball forward, but he needs cover in defensive contribution as for now anyway his discipline isn't the best.  IMO, Matic has been a failure as a signing (not the player to break up play as required), and there's no real organisation at CB.  Both these attributes highlight Pogba's weaknesses. 

There are other players I'd like to see signed.  Right Back is a real issue, Defensive Midfield another, also Centre Back and that's presuming Pogba doesn't leave.  If he does leave which is likely then it'll be even more pieces of the jigsaw to address.  Young has had some decent moments at RB, but he cannot be first choice RB for next year.  Does the club show their faith in Dalot or would a Wan-Bissaka be an upgrade?  I personally think Declan Rice would be a great signing to address the MF issues.

Having a quick look at tackle stats
    https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/total_tackle

Matic is at 74.  It's not the best thing to look at stats alone, but that's not good enough for a player who is relied upon to be the Defensive MF.  Both Rice & Wan-Bissaka do well on this particular stat and I reckon both would greatly improve the team. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14229
    edited April 2019 tFB Trader

I'm dead serious. 

Doesn't most of us miss Pirlo - Guys like him and Modric are the true stars IMO - Liverpool certainly need someone like Modric in their midfield, just for that extra vision that he sees and offers
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11894
    edited April 2019
    Me and Mrs have had to decide that we'd prefer city to win

My Mrs is manc, but I only started joining her in following united in the early 90s, whilst working in Liverpool when Cantona hit the news. There was so much anti-MU sentiment and self-belief floating around Liverpool, I felt compelled to support MU, I don't want to see the Liverpool fans bragging again ;-)

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11894

I'm dead serious. 
    I think Pogba is probably poison in the dressing room, and should go in the summer