Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Solskjaer OUT!!!! (& Man U still rubbish!)

What's Hot

Comments

• MUFC.

We're used to rebuilding. 

Although whether the current situation is a re-build or a knock it down and start again is a moot point. 

I wouldn't panic, we'll be alright in a couple of years. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4685
    axisus said:

In a way, not being in the CL may aid a longer term view
    No CL never helps recruitment!
    Helped us recruit Sanchez and Lukaku, I’d rather play with the youth team than see players like that playing for us.  Helped us spunk £600 million on the current squad while Ajax have spent less that £100 million.

Liverpool managed to recruit well without CL football, last time we were out of it we signed Di Maria.  

I’d rather just have players that want to play for the club than people who only want to play in the CL.  United are at an awkward level, can’t attract the top top players so end up with overpriced overrated ‘name’ players who are happy to collect the cash.  

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5258
    I dont think MUFC will be alright in a couple of years at all @ourmaninthenorth the competition increases all the time and its beyond just signing a couple of great players and a manager now I dont see the current owners shelling out huge sums of money for glory at all. If they decide to cash in and sell to a billionaire who fancies rebuilding then they are in with a shout...failing that I dont see it happening for a long time
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    mgaw said:
    I dont think MUFC will be alright in a couple of years at all @ourmaninthenorth the competition increases all the time and its beyond just signing a couple of great players and a manager now I dont see the current owners shelling out huge sums of money for glory at all. 
    But they already have, only PSG and City have spent more on their squads.  Budget clearly isn’t the issue, having somebody who knows how to spend it wisely is.
  • mgaw said:
    I dont think MUFC will be alright in a couple of years at all @ourmaninthenorth the competition increases all the time and its beyond just signing a couple of great players and a manager now I dont see the current owners shelling out huge sums of money for glory at all. 
    But they already have, only PSG and City have spent more on their squads.  Budget clearly isn’t the issue, having somebody who knows how to spend it wisely is.
    I get where you're coming from.

But neither City or PSG have been able to win what they primarily paid for. 

We need a billion quid over two years to compete for our own league, if indeed you can buy and assemble such a team, when rich already successful teams are going after the same players. 

I maintain that we bring the young un's through alongside world class old pro's for a couple of years, and let the team naturally evolve from there.

Woodward - get on a plane, with more money than you can count, and go and get Modric,Cruz and Bale. One stop shop. 

Ole & Mick - tell the board what centre backs and full back you need - Woodward, don't unpack, get back on that plane and don't come back until you've got them. 

Lets stop pissing about eh? We've got Championship side's taking the fookin piss out of us. 

C'mon Reds. For Fucks Sake. 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    edited May 2019
    so. turned out he got them playing no better than Mourinho at the end!

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    so. turned out he got them playing no better than Mourinho at the end!

That is true, but I HATED Jose, so still glad he's out. I literally turned the radio over every time he came on, couldn't bear his constant whining and moaning or the negative football. 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    /\ but he always had good watches and shoes to look at though...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    the problem is the vast sums previously spent have only allowed UTD to stay in touch with the competition...there needs to be a complete rethink at the club.....get a core of 6 or 7 outstanding players to use as the core all in their early 20's and rebuild
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5258
    people who really WANT it as well
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4665
    Sanchez looks a shadow of the player he was at Arsenal, no hunger, no drive 
    Pogba is basically  a twat , more bothered about his haircut than actually playing  football 
    Lukaku is a fucking donkey.

theres £500k a week 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14180
    edited May 2019 tFB Trader
    Pogba is basically  a twat , more bothered about his haircut than actually playing  football 

theres £500k a week 
    In many ways here lies the problem - Not with MUFC itself, but with the game - Greed - It is in danger of internally collapsing - I know it won't - For now anyway - But it can't keep going on, trying to find the richest man/corporation, to keep financing the next biggest team

As someone said earlier - MCFC and PSG have not got close yet to their planned dream

Chelsea and Arsenal are not the team they were 5 years ago - 10 years for Arsenal, maybe more - Before MCFC came along with the big bucks, the top 3 teams were MUFC, CFC and AFC - Neither are the same today as 5 years ago - For whatever reason

Part of me likes Rugby League - No one team stays top dog for to long in the top flight - My wife plays/watches Netball - Likewise, no one is top dog in their top flight league, in the same manner as the Fergie regime was - This is not right or wrong - Just an observation

I know you won't keep finding the next R Giggs via  a youth system - But you have to admire the Ajax system - I know it doesn't work every year regarding domestic or European success - But it isn't a crap blue print - I read somewhere Ajax will earn less from their domestic league for 2018/2019 season than Huddersfield - The Ajax system doesn't need a billion or two billion re-investment all the time - It might take 2-5 years for MUFC to build a new team via the juniors, coupled with a sprinkling of experience, but I think it needs to be looked at as a more effective 'business' model
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334

theres £500k a week 
    In many ways here lies the problem - Not with MUFC itself, but with the game - Greed - It is in danger of internally collapsing - I know it won't - For now anyway - But it can't keep going on, trying to find the richest man/corporation, to keep financing the next biggest team

As someone said earlier - MCFC and PSG have not got close yet to their planned dream

Chelsea and Arsenal are not the team they were 5 years ago - 10 years for Arsenal, maybe more - Before MCFC came along with the big bucks, the top 3 teams were MUFC, CFC and AFC - Neither are the same today as 5 years ago - For whatever reason

Part of me likes Rugby League - No one team stays top dog for to long in the top flight - My wife plays/watches Netball - Likewise, no one is top dog in their top flight league, in the same manner as the Fergie regime was - This is not right or wrong - Just an observation

I know you won't keep finding the next R Giggs via  a youth system - But you have to admire the Ajax system - I know it doesn't work every year regarding domestic or European success - But it isn't a crap blue print - I read somewhere Ajax will earn less from their domestic league for 2018/2019 season than Huddersfield - The Ajax system doesn't need a billion or two billion re-investment all the time - It might take 2-5 years for MUFC to build a new team via the juniors, coupled with a sprinkling of experience, but I think it needs to be looked at as a more effective 'business' model

I agree, FFP was brought in to (partly) stop people buying success, unfortunately people found a) ways around it and b) it wouldn't really be enforced with tough punishments.

I mean PSG and City one thing, to win the Champions League, so the punishment seems simple enough, if a team is found breach FFP then band them from next season's CL.
  • Sanchez looks a shadow of the player he was at Arsenal, no hunger, no drive 

theres £500k a week 

I'm gonna buy you a bacon butty at Haydock, for that post alone Mark.

Nicely put indeed. 

• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3493

theres £500k a week 

Ajax seem to have the model of a feeder club, they keep on bringing through young players to sell to 'bigger clubs', ditto for Porto & Benfica.  Ajax right now have a golden generation, the last time they had one as good as this one was over 20 years in the early 90's when Van Gaal was managing and the players included Kluivert, the De Boer's and so on.  Ajax do bring some great players through but not to the extent of the current generation and the 90's one. 

What Ajax do well & Barcelona do exceptionally well, keeping in commonality with Cruyff who was a key figure for both clubs if they run the clubs with an identity of how they should play football and bringing in players & managers to fit in with their system. 

IMO, the major problem with MUFC is there has been no clear strategy to how the club should be run off the pitch, in terms of signings (who makes them? what kind of formation should the players be signed for?) and this is having huge impacts on the pitch.  Unless the club brings in a DOF to address the mess there is, the situation will stay much the same.  The Glazers will stick with Woodward as he is superb with the club's marketing strategy and it brings them a lot of money, they couldn't care about how the team plays. 

Does anyone remember when Roman Ambramovich first bought Chelsea?  It's weird to think how it has become a key turning point in modern football, the first Oligarch to buy a football club and bring forward the rise of others who looked to emulate him/them.  

• Fair play, that was a fantastic performance - with 2 of your best players out as well.

I was praying for Suarez to handball one in on 92mims and get away with it but to no avail. 
  • SouthpawMarkSouthpawMark Frets: 620
    At least the Scousers won’t be even more insufferable than usual now. 
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334

After that, against them, we deserve to be as smug as we like for a few weeks.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    underdog said:

After that, against them, we deserve to be as smug as we like for a few weeks.
    I agree.  Going underground for a while, no talk sport for me until the weekend ;)

Barcelona were poor at OT and I knew Liverpool would cause them problems, but to score 4 and prevent them getting the away goal is something special.   Klopp really needs to break his final duck now.  I think Ajax will make the make it through and that would he some final.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LFC got exactly what they deserved. 

I don't hate Barcelona - not by a long chalk, but I love Football played with heart and soul, and that's what's put you in the final.

On paper you were fucked...a timely reminder that Football isn't played on paper. 

Good Luck in Madrid. 

What a fookin fine team. 

Respect. 

MUFC. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom