Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Solskjaer OUT!!!! (& Man U still rubbish!)

What's Hot

Comments

• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3491
    LFC got exactly what they deserved. 

I don't hate Barcelona - not by a long chalk, but I love Football played with heart and soul, and that's what's put you in the final.

On paper you were fucked...a timely reminder that Football isn't played on paper. 

Good Luck in Madrid. 

What a fookin fine team. 

Respect. 

MUFC. 

Agree.  Klopp's an incredible manager, not only does he get exceptional talents to perform (eg Salah, Firmino) but does an incredible job with players who might not be seen to be the very best but have more than a part to play, eg Origi. 

Great respect to the team and the manager.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14035
    tFB Trader
    I'm gonna buy you a bacon butty at Haydock, for that post alone Mark.

Nicely put indeed. 

A tea with 2 sugars will be fine Paul
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Sanchez looks a shadow of the player he was at Arsenal, no hunger, no drive 
    Pogba is basically  a twat , more bothered about his haircut than actually playing  football 
    Lukaku is a fucking donkey.

theres £500k a week 
    In many ways here lies the problem - Not with MUFC itself, but with the game - Greed - It is in danger of internally collapsing - I know it won't - For now anyway - But it can't keep going on, trying to find the richest man/corporation, to keep financing the next biggest team

As someone said earlier - MCFC and PSG have not got close yet to their planned dream

Chelsea and Arsenal are not the team they were 5 years ago - 10 years for Arsenal, maybe more - Before MCFC came along with the big bucks, the top 3 teams were MUFC, CFC and AFC - Neither are the same today as 5 years ago - For whatever reason

Part of me likes Rugby League - No one team stays top dog for to long in the top flight - My wife plays/watches Netball - Likewise, no one is top dog in their top flight league, in the same manner as the Fergie regime was - This is not right or wrong - Just an observation

I know you won't keep finding the next R Giggs via  a youth system - But you have to admire the Ajax system - I know it doesn't work every year regarding domestic or European success - But it isn't a crap blue print - I read somewhere Ajax will earn less from their domestic league for 2018/2019 season than Huddersfield - The Ajax system doesn't need a billion or two billion re-investment all the time - It might take 2-5 years for MUFC to build a new team via the juniors, coupled with a sprinkling of experience, but I think it needs to be looked at as a more effective 'business' model

Ajax seem to have the model of a feeder club, they keep on bringing through young players to sell to 'bigger clubs', ditto for Porto & Benfica.  Ajax right now have a golden generation, the last time they had one as good as this one was over 20 years in the early 90's when Van Gaal was managing and the players included Kluivert, the De Boer's and so on.  Ajax do bring some great players through but not to the extent of the current generation and the 90's one. 

What Ajax do well & Barcelona do exceptionally well, keeping in commonality with Cruyff who was a key figure for both clubs if they run the clubs with an identity of how they should play football and bringing in players & managers to fit in with their system. 

Yes the likes of Ajax are  a feeder club - They might not always have such a strong team as today, but they regularly produce a few decent players throughout the years - They don't have the funds within their league structure to do otherwise, but sell - But the likes of MUFC could adapt a similar policy/structure to AJAX and can afford to retain the appropriate players - Why does football have to be about a new manager getting the job and having to spend 200-300-400 million to compete 

Agree it has to be about a club policy from youth to 1st team about the structure and style of play - Barca do that - The juniors play the same way as the 1st team - As do B Munich
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Amazing from Liverpool! I really wanted Klopp for Man U when he went there, I felt sure that he was a good manager back then and you have to love the guy, he is great for football.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4902
    Every time she sees him on the telly, Our Maud goes "Klopp!" just like Sam Kelly used to do in 'Allo 'Allo...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Worst Man U team ever. Embarrassing and humiliating. We need to sack (almost) everyone, including Woodward. Look at every top team in Europe, they all have great players. Why aren't we buying great players? Pogba, Sanchez, Lukaku, Smalling, Jones, Young? Useless the lot of them. Even Ole seems like a big mistake now. Man U rebuilding with the manager of .... Molde???

Oh well, I'll be back supporting next season ....
  • monkey42monkey42 Frets: 336
    I’ve supported Man Utd since the mid 70s and will be back next season. But, this is the lowest of lows.

And as much as I like him, I don’t believe Solskjaer is the man for such a big job.
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited May 2019
    Hell is he even going to be manager come start of the season? That's a hell of a way to end a bad run.

I know you guys have the money there but do you think that you will be able to attract top players this summer? Maybe had the last 10 games showed promise but on current form I'm not sure a tip bracket player will want to come for any amount of money.

Having been through it myself with Liverpool (though we didn't even have the money at the time) do you think he's the man to begin the rebuild?
  • I'd like to see what he's capable of over a full season in charge. 

Tomorrow's another day. 

Well played City, hard lines LFC - you've both played some some really great football this year, and deserve to be thanked for it. Congratulations to both clubs. 

Good luck to all the clubs involved in the Finals, big matches these Lads...

We'll ( MUFC ) see you when we've got our heads from up our arses. 

We ain't dead yet.....
    I'd like to see what he's capable of over a full season in charge. 

Tomorrow's another day. 

Well played City, hard lines LFC - you've both played some some really great football this year, and deserve to be thanked for it. Congratulations to both clubs. 

We ain't dead yet.....

I agree I think maybe they have to back him, and allow him to get rid of whoever he wants, as there's a lot of players that don't seem to want to work for Utd right now. It's very weird there at the moment 
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3491

Tomorrow's another day. 

We ain't dead yet.....
    I've enjoyed reading your posts and the relative positive perspective over the season, it's been a very tough one for the United fan.

OGS - he seemed to have some kind of idea of how to set up the team when he first came in, then everything seemed to fall apart.  This seems to happen with every manager appointed.

FWIW, I think the club is so badly run that it doesn't matter who tries to manage the team it falls apart.  Unless these issues are addressed the team will continue to be shite.  The problems run far deeper than the manager.  There's no accountability for footballing decisions off the pitch (recruitment, scouting) and these things have come onto the pitch.  Unless they get in a DoF and overhaul scouting, coaching, Youth set ups, transfer policy, it doesn't matter who picks the teamsheet, even if there is a temporary upsurge things will eventually return to their normal situation, which is one of underperforming. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Tomorrow's another day. 

We ain't dead yet.....
    I've enjoyed reading your posts and the relative positive perspective over the season, it's been a very tough one for the United fan.

OGS - he seemed to have some kind of idea of how to set up the team when he first came in, then everything seemed to fall apart.  This seems to happen with every manager appointed.

FWIW, I think the club is so badly run that it doesn't matter who tries to manage the team it falls apart.  Unless these issues are addressed the team will continue to be shite.  The problems run far deeper than the manager.  There's no accountability for footballing decisions off the pitch (recruitment, scouting) and these things have come onto the pitch.  Unless they get in a DoF and overhaul scouting, coaching, Youth set ups, transfer policy, it doesn't matter who picks the teamsheet, even if there is a temporary upsurge things will eventually return to their normal situation, which is one of underperforming. 

I don't think this is the managers fault, seeing half the team amble around the field, there is obviously some "player power" as it's referred to. The club should back the manager and sell whoever he says has to go, it's the only way it will be resolved.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11790
    They were hopeless today

I reckon Pogba is toxic, they should sell him. He could be the main obstacle

I have no idea how many of the team could be a valuable member of a top 3 club, my guess is 50%-60% max

They are certainly missing 3 or 4 world-class team players

I am still not convinced that OGS can motivate and fuse a group of world class players, even if Pogba goes
    Look at Klopp and Poch, I can't see OGS injecting that belief and vision into a team
  • I'd like to see what he's capable of over a full season in charge. 

Tomorrow's another day. 

We ain't dead yet.....

It's been a great season for Football. It's also been a great thread, I think everybody's played a blinder considering we're all different crews. I've really enjoyed the crack.

We're Man U...our colours don't run....and by recent performances, neither do any number of our players. 

We'll be OK once those that don't know what they're doing get out of the way. 

I'd like to see Ole get a fair crack of the whip.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12881
    Man Utd are slowly letting sentimentality ruin their team.

Allowing Ferguson to annoint his successor was a mistake. Allowing OGS to stay on and rebuild the team when he's clearly not up to it would be a similar mistake.

On the plus side, he's not Ryan Giggs. Now *that* would be really hilarious for everyone else :-)

Their other problem now is that margins are tight and everyone else is catching up on their spending. As much as they like to plead poverty Liverpool and Spurs are spending £200k+ a week on salaries for some players now and Man City and Chelsea have been at that level for a while. It means Man Utd can't guarantee that they can buy their way back to contention. 
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11790

Allowing Ferguson to annoint his successor was a mistake. Allowing OGS to stay on and rebuild the team when he's clearly not up to it would be a similar mistake.

On the plus side, he's not Ryan Giggs. Now *that* would be really hilarious for everyone else :-)

Their other problem now is that margins are tight and everyone else is catching up on their spending. As much as they like to plead poverty Liverpool and Spurs are spending £200k+ a week on salaries for some players now and Man City and Chelsea have been at that level for a while. It means Man Utd can't guarantee that they can buy their way back to contention. 
    Yes, Moyes was a mistake, and OGS is a gamble at best
    I think Man U are now in the same position as Chelsea when they started spending: they can pay cash, but need to build a team rather than just tweak
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7076

It's true, I'm well aware of the bizarro logic of Liverpool fans, the weird alternative narratives a lot of them like to spin. But this paupers of the premier league is a new one I have to say.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    I think you need to keep pogba even if for one year, if he and sanchez go you have no names left to attract anyone else.  Rashford very important to try and keep as well I would think.
    munckee said:
    I think you need to keep pogba even if for one year, if he and sanchez go you have no names left to attract anyone else.  Rashford very important to try and keep as well I would think.
    I know what you mean but I can't decide if Pogba is a big part of the problem or not. Sanchez has been woeful, he really has to go - not sure that there will be any takers with that wage bill. Man U are a total mess. They need to reorganise from the ground up. Hopefully today is day 1 of getting down to serious business.
    tFB Trader
    axisus said:
    munckee said:
    I know what you mean but I can't decide if Pogba is a big part of the problem or not. Sanchez has been woeful, he really has to go - not sure that there will be any takers with that wage bill. Man U are a total mess. They need to reorganise from the ground up. Hopefully today is day 1 of getting down to serious business.
    They can't all go to Real Madrid - Hazard and Pogba - Neymar has suggested he wants to go, plus talk of Mbappe going for over 200 million - It gets to the point that only 2 or 3 clubs have the super bucks to buy such players - And 2 of these MCFC + PSG are pushing fair play to the limit and beyond

All the appropriate big clubs have to do is to say no we won't spend that money and it stops

This model of spend spend spend can't continue

I personally think Pogba wants to win club honours and he knows that it isn't likely to happen at MUFC for a few years - He can see better chances elsewhere - Just my opinion - But if that is the issue then send them on their way - There is a lot to be said about the 'less talented' players like Neville, Irwin, Bruce and co who offer a far better team spirit