Solskjaer OUT!!!! (& Man U still rubbish!)

What's Hot

Comments

• I've said Pogba is toxic for at least a year
    Yes but he’s been out for 2 months and not even back to training, so I’m not sure that’s quite so relevant at the moment.

Missed McTominay today more that anything today I thought, he’s been very good lately.

axisus said:
    Ok, Solskjaer out! Poch in. 

The game of naive wishful thinking management hasn't worked, lets get a real manager in whilst he is available. 
    Any manager would struggle with the United squad, good signings in the summer but when we still have to rely on Jones and have no quality senior players you can’t really blame Solskjaer.  I don’t think Poch would come in and change much without a few transfer windows and a decent budget.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I've said Pogba is toxic for at least a year
    Me too.  Totally disruptive from what I've observed.  He's a bad influence.....needs to go.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ole's the current manager, the rest of the talk is just blowing bubbles.

I don't share the crush many you have on the ex Spurs geezer.

Thought the young uns were bloody splendid today. 

I'll get back to you when I figure out at least 6 of the tactical shifts...bloody sure Maguire was on the left wing for 15 minutes. Fred needs to learn that running alongside an opponent is not the greatest example of the art of tackling. Missed Mctominay.

Work in progress.

I  think we're currently hovering around the 20 minute mark in terms of a proper Man Utd full match performance. 

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9525
    Not a bad start to the season for my beloved Rangers =)

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    edited July 2021
    Not a bad start to the season for my beloved Rangers

Not bad at all.

I see my local team Harrogate Town beat Newcastle United last week too. Not sure you can read a huge amount into these things but well done anyway!
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22771

I see Swansea (my team) are about to poach your assistant manager, sorry.  How's he regarded?
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4909
    Solskjaer out?  That'll be a "No", then:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57954333

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12359
    Philly_Q said:

I see Swansea (my team) are about to poach your assistant manager, sorry.  How's he regarded?
    Changed his mind and staying at Rangers apparently. 
    boogieman said:
    Philly_Q said:

Changed his mind and staying at Rangers apparently. 
    Oops!  That leaves us in the lurch.  Oh well, it's going to be a tough season anyway...
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9525
    Philly_Q said:

very well regarded and im delighted he is staying at Rangers…

To be honest, Im surprised you got rid of Cooper; thought he dId a good job.
    Philly_Q said:

very well regarded and im delighted he is staying at Rangers…

To be honest, Im surprised you got rid of Cooper; thought he dId a good job.
    It was "mutual consent", apparently - parachute payments have ended, the club's trying to save money, they won't be making big signings this year, a lot of good loan players have gone back to their clubs, Ayew's left... Cooper had a year left on his contract and I think he probably just decided he'd be fighting a losing battle this season and it's a good time to move on.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28330
    1 game into the season - Yay, we could be title contenders!!!!!

2 games into the season. Maybe not.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4697
    edited October 2021

I think the time is about now.  Off the back of a record unbeaten away run sounds a bit strange to say that the manager should be sacked, but there’s no plan, no style of play, no system.

So who next if or when the inevitable happens?

Personally I think Conte could be a good shout.  He’s available, knows how to win league titles and has said he’d like to manage United.  I think the board need to move before Newcastle get him.

• BradBrad Frets: 659

I think the time is about now.  Off the back of a record unbeaten away run sounds a bit strange to say that the manager should be sacked, but there’s no plan, no style of play, no system.

So who next if or when the inevitable happens?

Personally I think Conte could be a good shout.  He’s available, knows how to win league titles and has said he’d like to manage United.  I think the board need to move before Newcastle get him.

I think it should, but will the inevitable really happen? 

And is Conte (great a manager as he is) not just a scorched earth merchant a la Mourinho though? It might only be a couple of years till we’re back at square one again if we got him… 
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    All shitshow aside.  Those first 2 goals were things of beauty.

I was saying to a friend the other day how bored I am of football at the moment.  Nothing to do with results (not that they help....  It just feels like the 90 minutes on the pitch are the least important thing.  Every video/comment/analysis is always about Pogba/Ole out/Glazers/Ronaldo.  I just miss the game element.  Maybe I'm just getting older
  • GandalphGandalph Frets: 1576
    6reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7772

Maybe United are waiting for Steve Bruce to leave Newcastle.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28330
    I was thinking of resurrecting this thread! I love Ole and I so wanted it to work, but we are kidding ourselves. I don't know who we need but there has to be someone who can get more out of a pretty solid team. If he'd have won the 2nd rate Europa league cup last season he might have bought himself this year, but we just look too clueless.

8 games in and we are behind Brighton!!!!

(yeah, and on that, well done Brighton for a superb start to the season!)
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4697
    Paul_C said:

Maybe United are waiting for Steve Bruce to leave Newcastle.
    I know that’s a joke, but he would probably an improvement!
  • axisus said:
    I was thinking of resurrecting this thread! I love Ole and I so wanted it to work, but we are kidding ourselves. I don't know who we need but there has to be someone who can get more out of a pretty solid team. If he'd have won the 2nd rate Europa league cup last season he might have bought himself this year, but we just look too clueless.

8 games in and we are behind Brighton!!!!

(yeah, and on that, well done Brighton for a superb start to the season!)
    Totally agree, I like Ole and it would have been the perfect fairytale if we'd won the league or something with him but even now I admit he's got to go. I don't think the blame lies entirely with him but as manager the buck has to stop with him. We've seen teams with average sides become title winners because of Inspiring management so with a team full of such talent we should be doing alot better than we are. No idea who should replace Ole but I think he's got to go in the next few weeks to give us any chance of getting into the top 4.