Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Solskjaer OUT!!!! (& Man U still rubbish!)

What's Hot

Comments

• quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    So that is what entertaining football looks like. I practically forgot.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11884
    ooh, that was a bit different
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    Now THAT was Man U!

Good start Ole, lets keep it going. I don't expect the team to win all the trophies, I just want a better style of football and players who look like they enjoy playing
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• Whilst Cardiff didn’t play great and Warnock has never beaten United, the fact that is that we’ve been through 3 managers since we last scored 5 in the Premier League.  So it’s a good day, for a change.  Let’s not go overboard though..... 
  • Man, I'm so bored of Man Utd and these threads...

It must be SO hard to support them
    Man, I'm so bored of Man Utd and these threads...

So why are you even here? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    edited January 2019

Wow, the press were (rightly) saying it would be almost impossible for United to get 4th after being 11 points behind after so may games gone. Chelsea seem to be doing their best to make it happen though!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    It's crazy different, I'm enjoying the games a lot more now.

Although we weren't great in the 2nd half of the last two games, which isn't exactly concerning, but might need to change
    joeyowen said:

Although we weren't great in the 2nd half of the last two games, which isn't exactly concerning, but might need to change
    Enjoying games a lot more??? understatement of the past year! I am ecstatic!

Wherever we finish this season I actually feel like I'm watching Man U again. That hasn't happened so much since Fergie left. What does the future hold? Will Ole stay? Will we be any good next season? I have no clue, just enjoying it now.

We will lose at some point, but at least we are in the mix for 4th now. 
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    axisus said:
    ... at least we are in the mix for 4th now. 
    How are the mighty fallen...
  • axisus said:
    joeyowen said:

Enjoying games a lot more??? understatement of the past year! I am ecstatic!

Wherever we finish this season I actually feel like I'm watching Man U again. That hasn't happened so much since Fergie left. What does the future hold? Will Ole stay? Will we be any good next season? I have no clue, just enjoying it now.

We will lose at some point, but at least we are in the mix for 4th now. 
    I've been loving OGS's tenure, and as a United fan post SAF it's not been the greatest so even if the team doesn't finish in the top 4 or win anything it's just nice as a fan to see some exciting football. 

Tactically though, I think OGS has been superb and IMO hasn't got the credit he deserves for the tactical changes he's brought to the team primarily changing the formation from JM's largely rigid 4-3-3 to a 2-4-1-3 or 2-4-3-1 (depending on how you see it) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I'm not sure if I'm on my own with this, but trophies are a little bit second to me*  At the end of the day, I get together with my dad to watch football once/twice a week, and it used to be a fun, entertaining thing to do.  It has become boring to watch and I find that we tend to do other things now, and we don't watch games together as religiously as we did (I still watch all of them).  Although we still watch 90% of them to be fair.  It also became soooo much about Jose, or Pogba it was more of a soap than a sport.

I just want it to be fun again.  I don't spend those two hours thinking about trophies.

*Of course I'd bloody love for utd to be competing again, I'm not making excuses etc... and believe we should do better
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    @joeyowen I get where you are coming from. I have enjoyed the amazing period we had with Man U up to Fergie's retirement. I wouldn't object to another 20 years of world dominance but to be honest I want to watch enjoyable football. If Mourinho's 1 goal up then park the bus philosophy won us two trophies a year I wouldn't bother watching, I have so many other things that take priority over footie now. But If Ole's Man U keep playing nice football I'm happy to watch.

• FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2477
    joeyowen said:
    I'm not sure if I'm on my own with this, but trophies are a little bit second to me*  At the end of the day, I get together with my dad to watch football once/twice a week, and it used to be a fun, entertaining thing to do.  It has become boring to watch and I find that we tend to do other things now, and we don't watch games together as religiously as we did (I still watch all of them).  Although we still watch 90% of them to be fair.  It also became soooo much about Jose, or Pogba it was more of a soap than a sport.

I just want it to be fun again.  I don't spend those two hours thinking about trophies.

*Of course I'd bloody love for utd to be competing again, I'm not making excuses etc... and believe we should do better
    I can completely agree with this. My boys now want to watch the matches with me again.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • joeyowen said:
    I'm not sure if I'm on my own with this, but trophies are a little bit second to me  At the end of the day, I get together with my dad to watch football once/twice a week, and it used to be a fun, entertaining thing to do.  
    I couldn't agree any more. 

I spend a lot of time watching football with my friends and family, and irrespective of which teams are lining up we just want to watch some exciting and entertaining football.  

Winning trophies are an important part of the game for supporters, but they are not everything. Of course an FA Cup Final day (and so on) is a really special part of the game for supporters, but there are other things eg seeing youth team players progress/the team progressing improving/crunching tackles/players dribbling with the ball, coming back from a goal down to get a last minute draw and so on. 

The JM tenure was just such a cynical and dour time full of excuses, and the negativity on and off the pitch with the team had reached the viewers. For this moment in time I couldn't really care if the team finishes in the top 4 or doesn't win a cup, it's just enjoyable to see the team play some good football. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @earwhighoney I'm like this with cricket. A friend of mine commented on it a few months ago, how we've been to countless matches together and yet he's never seen me going for one team above all others. It's why my favourite international team at the minute is Afghanistan. Loads of unusual spinners, a few batsmen of note, and they're such a refreshing change to the PR-led England team.

There are times when I miss the old England days of losing to most people but having some fun along the way.  

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4689

Probably the best performance under Ole last night, he's starting to look more than just a feel good motivator but also very clever tactically (which is also probably down to his assistants as well).  United used to concede possession under Fergie and play quick counter attack football when required, so to that end we are starting to look like the real United.

However, one niggle remains, if we get beaten how will the players react to him, how will they adapt to adversity?

I think Ole has to be favourite for the job, the way it is going most fans want him permanent but I think we need to lose at some point to see the whole picture, daft as it sounds.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Agreed, we are going to lose a game at some point, and it's how the players react after that. Especially if it's a big game, like PSG 
  • Personally I hope the players react very badly to losing.

I know I always do. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    It's been an incredible run up to now, I'd love Ole to be good enough to take the job on full time, and he does 'appear' to be so far. I work with several Arsenal fans, and one in particular was trying to goad me into a small wager on last night - loser buys breakfast for the winner. I'm not a betting person so he said winner gets full bragging rights on Monday. I'm not one for bragging to be honest but he will have his tail between his legs!