Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Solskjaer OUT!!!! (& Man U still rubbish!)

What's Hot

Comments

• martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    edited April 2019 tFB Trader
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26453
    ADMIN: Right, this thread has been flagged a number of times, by different people (in the thread), saying that various comments offended them.

Here's the thing - most of the modmins really don't care about football, and thus don't have any knowledge of the in-jokes and sly insults involved. Accordingly, we can't make a judgement on those posts.

What we can do is move the thread to BCD, lock it, or both.

It's your call, guys. Either straighten up and fly right, or it's only going to take a couple more flag reports and the thread's heading to purgatory.
    <space for hire>
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    Oh come on.

Surely you can recognise trolling and differentiate that from a serious thread contribution, regardless of the subject?

You don't need to know anything about football to see what's going on. It's not an in-joke.

It's not so much about insults and offence, it's about DBAD, rule 1.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26453
    martinw said:
    Oh come on.

Surely you can recognise trolling and differentiate that from a serious thread contribution, regardless of the subject?
    Actually, given some of the flag reports, that's not true. And with some of the content in here from the people who flagged stuff, it's looking more and more like a candidate for BCD.

Which is why I asked people to just grow up a bit.
    <space for hire>
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    I'm a Man U fan, I started the thread, and I don't see the problem with anything? [admittedly a couple of posts I didn't see appear to have been removed] It's just football banter. You win you gloat, you lose you take it on the chin. Repeat.

I expected to go down either 2-0 or 3-0. We ain't world beaters right now. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • martinw said:
    Oh come on.

Actually, given some of the flag reports, that's not true. And with some of the content in here from the people who flagged stuff, it's looking more and more like a candidate for BCD.

Which is why I asked people to just grow up a bit.

Apart from a sexual reference that is just someone trying to be all moody, windswept and worldly..and failing miserably, and a couple of bisto references that I just don't get, I think this thread, considering the tribal nature of football, is a consummate example of how grown ups do conduct themselves.

Be a shame to hide it away amongst the detritus in BCD. But it will end my contribution to a thread I'm having a bit of fun in. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2477
    axisus said:
    I'm a Man U fan, I started the thread, and I don't see the problem with anything? [admittedly a couple of posts I didn't see appear to have been removed] It's just football banter. You win you gloat, you lose you take it on the chin. Repeat.

This. Being a Man Utd fan you have to develop a fairly thick skin. Not the the rhino hide you'd need if you supported West Brom but fairly thick all the same.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2099
    Normal service resumed lol. They were terrible last night. I switched over and watched a superb a youthful Ajax instead. They are going to be a test for any of the remaining sides.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Budgie said:
    Normal service resumed lol. They were terrible last night. I switched over and watched a superb a youthful Ajax instead. They are going to be a test for any of the remaining sides.
    I must admit to doing the same in the last 15 minutes...Man U were relegated to the tablet, whilst watching Ajax on the big screen. 

They are a bloody joy to watch. 

What can one expect though with Utd last night? - a right back playing left back, a centre half playing right back. Pogba arseing about again to zero effect, becoming somewhat of a pattern methinks.  Two centre halves simply not competent enough to keep the Barca front 3 quiet, and Jordi Alba running at will, much of the time unopposed. 

We're a long way off the top table of European football. Nothing a couple of years and a billion quid won't sort out though. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4641
    axisus said:

I like a bit of banter, and some of the anti Man U pages can be pretty funny.  Without the humour it just comes across like an annoying child is writing it.  It’s hard to tell peoples ages online so I just tend to give people the benefit of the doubt and in the case here assume they are under 15.

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Has anyone ever watched a more entertaining 90 minutes than that?  What a game.
  • monkey42monkey42 Frets: 336
    As a Man U fan...I’m excited by Ole at the wheel...however I do feel we may have missed a great opportunity in acquiring Poch as I’m a big fan
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1742
    Enough of these lesser teams, the mighty Tottenham Hotspur have just knocked citeh out!
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4641
    ronnyb said:
    Enough of these lesser teams, the mighty Tottenham Hotspur have just knocked citeh out!
    Unbelievable.  Same again on Saturday although as a United fan I’ll be hoping City win.

Amazing result away, without Kane.   First semi final as well.  
  • Fair play to Spurs.

City - how on earth did you fook that up? 
    Fair play to Spurs.

City - how on earth did you fook that up? 
    There were VARious reasons
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited April 2019
    ronnyb said:
     although as a United fan I’ll be hoping City win.

What the actual f**k 

I honestly can't see how anyone (let alone their actual closest rivals) apart from City fans would want to see them win anything, they are everything that is wrong with modern football and I'd take anyone winning it over them with the exception of Everton.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    underdog said:
    ronnyb said:

What the actual f**k 

I honestly can't see how anyone (let alone their actual closest rivals) apart from City fans would want to see them win anything, they are everything that is wrong with modern football and I'd take anyone winning it over them with the exception of Everton.
    Sometimes with football you just have to accept the least worst option. I would prefer no-one to win the Champion's league now that Man U are out, but that ain't gonna happen.

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    axisus said:
    underdog said:
    ronnyb said:

What the actual f**k 

Sometimes with football you just have to accept the least worst option. I would prefer no-one to win the Champion's league now that Man U are out, but that ain't gonna happen.

And City, your closest rivals buying another title is the least worst option in your eyes? Baffling.
    underdog said:
    axisus said:
    underdog said:
    ronnyb said:

What the actual f**k 

And City, your closest rivals buying another title is the least worst option in your eyes? Baffling.
    My eyes? I think you are confusing me with the person you were talking about. I want City to fail every possible time. No trophies! This year is painful ... City or Liverpool for the title ... kill me now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom