Water Rats April 19 - Song List

What's Hot

Comments

• McTootMcToot Frets: 2041
    Shitting bow-lacks - I've only just realised that this is coming up in a coupla weeks time. I thought it had been a bit quiet on the comms front, but it turns out I'd forgotten to 'star' the thread so I have missed out on a whole heap of discussion. Sorry for the radio silence chaps. I'm back in tune now. 

I also, ahem, need to learn a couple of songs that I really don't know well...

I'll bring my Feline and maybe another guitar or two and the little Marshall Origin head, plus 1x12. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    McToot said:
    Shitting bow-lacks - I've only just realised that this is coming up in a coupla weeks time. I thought it had been a bit quiet on the comms front, but it turns out I'd forgotten to 'star' the thread so I have missed out on a whole heap of discussion. Sorry for the radio silence chaps. I'm back in tune now. 

I also, ahem, need to learn a couple of songs that I really don't know well...

I'll bring my Feline and maybe another guitar or two and the little Marshall Origin head, plus 1x12. 
    No worries @McToot I'm sure you'll be fine.  In your absence you won the short straw poll and have been selected to sing AC/DC is that okay : )
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    munckee said:
    I would love a go on the 64 strat @peteri ;
    Yours for the whole day (apart from four minutes of moody Blackmore impressions!)
    peteri said:
    munckee said:
    I would love a go on the 64 strat @peteri ;
    Yours for the whole day (apart from four minutes of moody Blackmore impressions!)
    Tha's great thanks as I'm planning to lend my MIJ strat to @fuengi jr for the day!
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2041
    munckee said:

No worries @McToot I'm sure you'll be fine.  In your absence you won the short straw poll and have been selected to sing AC/DC is that okay : )
    'Singing' AC/DC is something of an oxymoron. If I was even remotely passable at screeching I'd have stuck my hand up at the beginning. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6627
    edited April 2019
    munckee said:
    peteri said:

Hi - what's the guidance for amps on the day?

I'm entirely Fractal and ideally would just bring along my little rack (it's just the Axe FX in a bag) and plug-in.

Is this ok? Or is it restricted to just the amps in the room on the day? (in which case, anyone got a tubescreamer or similar I can borrow?)

Sorry if I missed this

Hi Peteri, It would be easier if we could use the amps in the room on the day as the engineers will be next door and I don't want to start messing with stuff, plus we won't have loads of time between songs to change much.  

@soma1975 had agreed to bring a small pedal board which would have over drive etc on it which we could use in the recording room on the day if that's still okay.  My plan was to leave that as the rig for the lead guitar spot and maybe just have a light OD or something for rhythm guitar.
    @munckee ;; and @peteri ;;  No probs re the board. It's currently this:

BMF Wah
    D'Addario Tuner 
    Analogman RCA Sunface
    Rangemaster Treble Booster clone in mini enclosure
    Digitech Ventura Vibe
    Wampler Pantheon
    Bogner La Grange
    Dunlop Echoplex and tap tempo switch
    Digitech Polara reverb

So I might take the Pantheon for practicing. Hopefully that covers everyone's needs.

I'd love 5mins with the converted LP if that's okay?

Will also bring my Marshall Astoria Dual combo. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    Evening @Fuengi @lovestrat74 @peteri @Flanging_Fred @sev112 @springhead @mrkb @soma1975;@jonathangus @Bridgehouse ;

We have two parts that need filling; singing on AC/DC You shook me all night long, and bass on Wildhearts 29x the pain, can anyone step in for these.

Flanging Fred would you be able tell the drumster that crossroads has been changed to steppin out, John Mayalls Blues breaker with Clapton version please.

If anyone could assist me by taking the bass to Saw Her Standing There I would also be much grateful as I am no bass player and trying to learn two complex for me parts at the same time is hurting my brain - any takers?

Will post a new spreadsheet tomorrow.

Any other queries re pedals, guitars etc?
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    I did look at the bass Tab for 29 X The Pain but it's way, way beyond my level afraid. 

@soma1975 - thanks drive and boost is perfect, appreciate you covering that.

Absolutely on the Lester, you might find it interesting to compare to the P90 too

@munckee, sorry never played a bass in my life - so think that's beyond me

And I know singing AC/DC is!
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4436
    Got my hands on the '53 last time @peteri - would like to actually plug it in!
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

Absolutely!
    If 29 x The Pain is being problematic, do we need to look at an alternative choice?

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    If 29 x The Pain is being problematic, do we need to look at an alternative choice?
    Ive spent a fair bit of time sorting and learning lyrics for that one, any song changes at this stage are going to mean everyone is less prepared for the new song rather than just having a less prepared bass player. Suggest you post your chord chart for the song so anyone taking up the bass part has an easy way to get up to speed on it.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Ok, will do Mark.

mrkb said:
    Ive spent a fair bit of time sorting and learning lyrics for that one, any song changes at this stage are going to mean everyone is less prepared for the new song rather than just having a less prepared bass player. Suggest you post your chord chart for the song so anyone taking up the bass part has an easy way to get up to speed on it.
    Was going to say similar plus don’t want to spring too many surprises on the drummer. We can get someone to at least play the root notes. If when we have recordings you want a truer version we could ask a real basserist to record the part.   @fuengi can you post the tab I couldn’t find it?
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    munckee said:
    mrkb said:
    Was going to say similar plus don’t want to spring too many surprises on the drummer. We can get someone to at least play the root notes. If when we have recordings you want a truer version we could ask a real basserist to record the part.   @fuengi can you post the tab I couldn’t find it?
    My mistake. I looked at the Cream, Crossroads tab. That's the one that I'd need another hand for. 

29 X The Pain sounds easy enough to do, happy to have a go at that if @Jonathangus can post the chords he's working to? 
    Thanks @Fuengi thats great.  Just need someone to burn out their vocal chords on AC/DC and someone to release me from bass purgatory : )

This looks pretty close for 29 x The Pain: https://www.guitaretab.com/w/wildhearts/20881.html

As it says, the original is in Eb tuning, so we need to decide whether we do that or just play in standard.  As far as the parts go,  Ginger plays the intro riff and I think mainly sticks to open chords with the odd A7 and Bm thrown in, while CJ just plays power chords.  There are a couple of other little riffs which I could probably tab out if you like, but that's pretty much it.  (The part marked as Ritch's End is the extended ending which we're not doing.)

So, I'll do Ginger's part and leave grappagreen to do CJ's, if that's OK?

So we still need someone to sing AC/DC, no amount of bribery will persuade munckee jr to sing it.  I have also borrowed a bass this week to practice my parts.  I'm okay on Steppin Out.  At this point I cannot get near playing Saw Her Standing There as it is meant to be played.  I think my hands are too small : )  If I can't get it to speed I will have to play the rhythm on root  notes on the day and ask a real basser to record a version for the mixing afterwards. 
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2489
    edited April 2019
    munckee said:
    So we still need someone to sing AC/DC, no amount of bribery will persuade munckee jr to sing it.  I have also borrowed a bass this week to practice my parts.  I'm okay on Steppin Out.  At this point I cannot get near playing Saw Her Standing There as it is meant to be played.  I think my hands are too small : )  If I can't get it to speed I will have to play the rhythm on root  notes on the day and ask a real basser to record a version for the mixing afterwards. 
    I can see if Jr fancies it if you like?

EDIT: Bass that is not vocals  :)