Water Rats April 19 - Song List

What's Hot

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12352
    munckee said:
    So we still need someone to sing AC/DC, no amount of bribery will persuade munckee jr to sing it.  I have also borrowed a bass this week to practice my parts.  I'm okay on Steppin Out.  At this point I cannot get near playing Saw Her Standing There as it is meant to be played.  I think my hands are too small : )  If I can't get it to speed I will have to play the rhythm on root  notes on the day and ask a real basser to record a version for the mixing afterwards. 
    I can see if Jr fancies it if you like?

EDIT: Bass that is not vocals  :)
    Tell him I will give him 5 English pounds if he does!  In cash!!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2525
    munckee said:
    munckee said:
    So we still need someone to sing AC/DC, no amount of bribery will persuade munckee jr to sing it.  I have also borrowed a bass this week to practice my parts.  I'm okay on Steppin Out.  At this point I cannot get near playing Saw Her Standing There as it is meant to be played.  I think my hands are too small : )  If I can't get it to speed I will have to play the rhythm on root  notes on the day and ask a real basser to record a version for the mixing afterwards. 

He will hold you to that. It's in writing too ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    munckee said:
    I have also borrowed a bass this week to practice my parts.  I'm okay on Steppin Out.

My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    soma1975 said:
    munckee said:
    I have also borrowed a bass this week to practice my parts.  I'm okay on Steppin Out.

The operative word here is 'okay' : )  

Bonus points for napoleon dynamite!!
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    Well I've torn a callous on my best guitaring finger and it's killing me and I have a week to grow a new one. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1342

This looks pretty close for 29 x The Pain: https://www.guitaretab.com/w/wildhearts/20881.html

As it says, the original is in Eb tuning, so we need to decide whether we do that or just play in standard.  As far as the parts go,  Ginger plays the intro riff and I think mainly sticks to open chords with the odd A7 and Bm thrown in, while CJ just plays power chords.  There are a couple of other little riffs which I could probably tab out if you like, but that's pretty much it.  (The part marked as Ritch's End is the extended ending which we're not doing.)

So, I'll do Ginger's part and leave grappagreen to do CJ's, if that's OK?

I’m cool with that.. 

Si
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850

This looks pretty close for 29 x The Pain: https://www.guitaretab.com/w/wildhearts/20881.html

As it says, the original is in Eb tuning, so we need to decide whether we do that or just play in standard.  As far as the parts go,  Ginger plays the intro riff and I think mainly sticks to open chords with the odd A7 and Bm thrown in, while CJ just plays power chords.  There are a couple of other little riffs which I could probably tab out if you like, but that's pretty much it.  (The part marked as Ritch's End is the extended ending which we're not doing.)

So, I'll do Ginger's part and leave grappagreen to do CJ's, if that's OK?

I’m cool with that.. 

Si
    Are we going Eb tuning? 
  • grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1342
    I'd rather do concert pitch tbh..
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Seconded!
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4500
    Fuengi said:
    Seconded!
    Thirded, actually (as it saves me having to rip some fairly fresh strings off and put some 10s on!)
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

No one really plays in Eb tuning do they, I thought that was an urban myth : )
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6794
    munckee said:
    Hmm, I’m singing it in Eb!!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    munckee said:
    Hmm, I’m singing it in Eb!!
    I'll be singing flat, not sure what key though :D
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    munckee said:
    munckee said:

You're off the hook @munckee, Finn said he'd do it !
    munckee said:
    munckee said:

I told you he's the talent!  
    munckee said:
    munckee said:
    munckee said:

I told you he's the talent!  
    I can see why you pulled a sicky :)
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    Slightly off topic @channel, but it occurs to me that the Jam session is also a good opportunity to satisfy GAS pangs in a convenient way. 

If anyone is interested in the Jet City Custom 22 head that I have here, then let me know and I'll bring it along. for no obligation trials and giggles 

I'm also likely to advertise a <2-year-old Fender Blues Deluxe in tweed finish  at some point if anyone might be interested in trying that out too. 

Maybe others can add their current FS and WTBs in here (or open a new thread if there's much demand)...?

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

I will be bringing my 68 custom princeton which I'm considering selling at some point soonish.
  • guitartangoguitartango Frets: 1018
    munckee said:
    I will be bringing my 68 custom princeton which I'm considering selling at some point soonish.
    Why Adam ?  
    “Ken sent me.”
  • I’m thinking of letting go of my early 90’s Japanese HSS Squier Strat if anyone is interested?