Water Rats April 19 - Song List

What's Hot

Comments

• lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2512
    soma1975 said:
    You got me down for rhythm on stepping out. What does that entail? Watching Clapton do his stuff? 
    You wanna take a verse of sweet sweet soloing? 

I'll be making up my leads as we go along...
    Would love to but a) not enough time to learn anything passable and b) not sure my fingers would keep up  :#

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6682
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2512
    soma1975 said:
    Just had a listen and it's not too fast so I might take you up on that. See if I can can some improv together ;)
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Happy with the two I've got thanks - nice to have time to hang out with all the young men
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    edited April 2019
    munckee said:
    Those more intelligent than me will notice @fuengi does have two songs in a row.  I am planning to have a break for the drummer after the first 4 songs and second 4 songs so there would be a gap in between 29x the pain and Who Knew.  If you want me to rearrange let me know.
    I'm absolutely positive it won't affect my performance.

Unfortunately!
    soma1975 said:
    Just had a listen and it's not too fast so I might take you up on that. See if I can can some improv together ;)
    I guess we have time to mess about and come up with something. i'll bring the backing track on my phone to plug in somewhere and practice. 

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12325
    Just a quick check everyone has the date as 13th April - it has been pointed out to me that some idiot called this thread Water Rats April 19 but that meant 2019 and booking is this Saturday 13th!!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1341
    Ta mate :)
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6768
    Yes, We got it, we aint americans!! See you next Friday ! ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Yep! Saturday! 
    So people who are singing, whats the thoughts on ear plugs, I wear them for playing guitar at jams and said to my daughter she would have to wear them singing in the room - she is not keen and wants to not wear any.  Damaging my 14 year old daughters hearing would be a serious deduction of dad points.

I note that Mark "sorry what?" Blagdon doesn't seem to wear them while playing drums and singing with 4 amps pointing at him so is it okay or is the inside of his head like a burned out husk : )
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Chaps... prolly not going to pop along now on Saturday... have a job on first thing and then have to get to the gig for the eve...

hope it all all goes well... you will have a cracking time!!!!!
    edited April 2019
    Cheers @poopot will be a shame not to say hi.  I have told Kim any damage and you are the man to speak to : )
    Right, while it's not the original I'm fairly happy I can noodle something over Black Magic Woman in that style. Likewise Clapton never played Steppin Out the same way so I'm going with that excuse. It's only short so @lovestrat74 if you decide you are up for a couple of verses of lead we can just extend it a bit. 

On Hey Joe I take it you just want me playing a basic rhythm underneath whatever you're doing and someone will nod at us when they are coming to the close of their 64-bar 8 finger tapping solo and it's time to go 'DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUMMMMM DA DUM DA NAAA NAA' . I hope that wasn't too technical a description. 

Sound good? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Oh, and I was doing some filming with Mark from OX4 Pickups yesterday and he's selling a lovely 70s Hiwatt 50w head with Mullard EL34s if anyone is interested :)

• JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4487
    munckee said:
    So people who are singing, whats the thoughts on ear plugs, I wear them for playing guitar at jams and said to my daughter she would have to wear them singing in the room - she is not keen and wants to not wear any.  Damaging my 14 year old daughters hearing would be a serious deduction of dad points.

I note that Mark "sorry what?" Blagdon doesn't seem to wear them while playing drums and singing with 4 amps pointing at him so is it okay or is the inside of his head like a burned out husk : )
    IIRC, the room has a kit and a couple of Marshall half-stacks.  Ergo, I shall be plugged up.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2758
    Are we bringing guitar leads or will there be stock ones?
    sev112 said:
    Are we bringing guitar leads or will there be stock ones?
    In the same way the hitch hikers guide to the galaxy says always have your towel, I would always have a cable!  You don't need amps for the main room but feel free to bring one for practice/jam rooms.

@soma1975 for steppin out I will play the intro and then circle the bass round then until you give us a nod to say you guys are spent so the drummer and I know when to kill it.
    Perfect matey! Although do chime in when you want to do your 3 verse slap bass solo. 

Struggling with 29x The Pain. First song I've learnt without having a tutorial or someone else to practice with. 

Bass is going to be very basic root chords and will need a couple or practice run throughs before hand @Jonathangus ;