Water Rats April 19 - Song List

What's Hot

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12327
    What we really need is someone to bite the bullet and sing AC/DC, no amount of bribery will persuade munckee jr to sing it.

Its the only hole in the schedule!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6683
    Isn't that a little bit like saying 'we need someone to play this Yngwie solo' 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2512
    soma1975 said:
    Right, while it's not the original I'm fairly happy I can noodle something over Black Magic Woman in that style. Likewise Clapton never played Steppin Out the same way so I'm going with that excuse. It's only short so @lovestrat74 if you decide you are up for a couple of verses of lead we can just extend it a bit. 

On Hey Joe I take it you just want me playing a basic rhythm underneath whatever you're doing and someone will nod at us when they are coming to the close of their 64-bar 8 finger tapping solo and it's time to go 'DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM DUMMMMM DA DUM DA NAAA NAA' . I hope that wasn't too technical a description. 

Sound good? 
    Seeing as Hey Joe is down the list a bit we can do a run through in one of the other rooms - i've never played the song before - other than on me tod of course ;)
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    munckee said:
    What we really need is someone to bite the bullet and sing AC/DC, no amount of bribery will persuade munckee jr to sing it.

It's not going to be in the same register clearly - no normal human can replicate that voice...

Hell - someone could even do it like Charles Dance does in the Big Fat Quiz of the Year shows, where he reads out lyrics in a very lovey/west end theatre way....

I can do it an octave lower (possibly two) but can't play at the same time and I really want to play that one. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4492
    McToot said:
    munckee said:

It's not going to be in the same register clearly - no normal human can replicate that voice...

Hell - someone could even do it like Charles Dance does in the Big Fat Quiz of the Year shows, where he reads out lyrics in a very lovey/west end theatre way....

I can do it an octave lower (possibly two) but can't play at the same time and I really want to play that one. 
    Sod it, I'll murder the vocal on that one.  But - I really want to play it as well, so can we do a second run-through, maybe with @McToot on vox?  Or do it as an instrumental and dub the same vocal track on both?
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6776
    munckee said:
    So people who are singing, whats the thoughts on ear plugs, I wear them for playing guitar at jams and said to my daughter she would have to wear them singing in the room - she is not keen and wants to not wear any.  Damaging my 14 year old daughters hearing would be a serious deduction of dad points.

I note that Mark "sorry what?" Blagdon doesn't seem to wear them while playing drums and singing with 4 amps pointing at him so is it okay or is the inside of his head like a burned out husk : )
    I usually wear fitted ACS earplugs made from clear silicone with a 15 dB filter, but have been struggling recently when singing to get the pitch right if I can’t hear the guitar properly, so may tak them out depending on room volume. When drumming at jams I don’t wear earplugs, as that makes me drum quieter, and stops a volume war in the room (Bridgehouse needs to note this ;) )! When playing at home I do wear earplugs!

I have tinnitus from attending loud gigs, wish Id spent a few quid earlier in life to get earplugs I was happy wearing and avoided the damage I have. But for your daughters song, surely you could keep the room volume down? It’s not a very rocky song, so have a word with the drummer.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    McToot said:
    munckee said:

Sod it, I'll murder the vocal on that one.  But - I really want to play it as well, so can we do a second run-through, maybe with @McToot on vox?  Or do it as an instrumental and dub the same vocal track on both?
    If you are prepared to step up to the mark will definitely have a second run through if @mctoot happy to try it to.
    Just so everyone knows what level we are at I have never sung anything and am singing mardy bum on Saturday, I sang it for my daughter last night.  She gave me the look of silent disappointment like in the lyrics then said:

"You aren't going to sing it like that at the jam though are you."

"Lets hope not pet..."   : )
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2512
    munckee said:
    Just so everyone knows what level we are at I have never sung anything and am singing mardy bum on Saturday, I sang it for my daughter last night.  She gave me the look of silent disappointment like in the lyrics then said:

"You aren't going to sing it like that at the jam though are you."

"Lets hope not pet..."   : )
    Once that adrenaline kicks in you'll be fine, well at least that's what I am hoping for  :#
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6683

Frankly I'm pleased we switched to an instrumental :)

My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    Yeah - I'll have a vocals punt on one of the run-throughs of You Shook Me...

I'll bring my flat cap and a quart of Jack Daniels. How far wrong can I go?

McToot said:

A guide to living your life right there.
    munckee said:
    McToot said:

F*ckn A

• McToot said:
    munckee said:
    McToot said:

F*ckn A
    This better not set a precedent for the singers or I’ll have to bring a bag of skag and some fresh syringes. (Allegedly)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
     :'(

I've developed a vicious man-flu and feel like a braised bag of poo . My throat is the worst bit. Can hardly swallow. 

Fugging buggering hell

McToot said:
     :'(

I've developed a vicious man-flu and feel like a braised bag of poo . My throat is the worst bit. Can hardly swallow. 

Fugging buggering hell
    I've also woken up with a really sore throat - might help my singing!
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    I've realised I need glasses for when I play standing up because the neck is further away
    peteri said:
    I've realised I need glasses for when I play standing up because the neck is further away
    Just hitch it right up a la Mark King of Level 42. We'll all laugh and point but you'll be able to see the board...

• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    I've got a lovely eye infection, so look like The Terminator.

What a picture of health we will present!
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    It's the problem with us all being elite athletes, we're sensitive thoroughbreds ;)