Water Rats April 19 - Song List

What's Hot

Comments

• peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Tough choice, love playing both my initial choices.

Having listened to them both this morning, I think as a group we've got a better chance of 'success' with You Shook Me All Night Long - so that's my choice

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Oh, and please put me down for the SG part on that ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • peteri said:
    Oh, and please put me down for the SG part on that ;)
    Don't forget to bring your shorts!!
  • I'll plump for 29 x The Pain as my main choice - I'll take Ginger's parts (intro and the open chords) and leave someone to do CJ's (which I think are just power chords).  (It's in Eb tuning so hope that's not a problem.)

And is it too early to bag Malcolm's part on YSMANL?
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6680
    Happy to play backup on Hey Joe if we've moved onto bagging parts :)
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12324
    edited January 2019
    Song Lead Rhythm Bass  Vocals
    Fuengi + jr Yellow - Coldplay Fuengi Jr Fuengi Munckee Munckee Jr
    Lovestrat74  Hey Joe - Hendrix Lovestrat74 Soma 1975
    Peteri You shook me all night long AC/DC Peteri McToot
    Tone71
    Flanging-Fred
    Jonathangus 29 x the pain - Wildhearts Jonathangus
    Sev112 All Night Long - Rainbow Sev112 Sev 112
    customkits
    grappagreen
    springhead I saw her standing there - the Beatles
    McToot Two Princes - The Spin Doctors McToot
    Bridgehouse
    MarkBlagdon Rocks - Primal Scream
    Munckee + jr Who Knew - Pink Munckee Fuengi Jr Fuengi Munckee Jr
    Soma 1975 Cream - Crossroads Soma1975 Lovestrat74 Lovestrat74jr
    Lovestrat74 Jr Mardy Bum - Arctic Monkeys Lovestrat74jr
    Poopot When The Curtain Falls - Greta Van Fleet Poopot Taken Taken
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Would love to do a sneaky run through of "when the curtain falls" by Greta van fleet... Have guitar, bass and drums... Just need someone to sing it! maybe @mrkb? you got up quite high on tush!.
    poopot said:
    Would love to do a sneaky run through of "when the curtain falls" by Greta van fleet... Have guitar, bass and drums... Just need someone to sing it! maybe @mrkb? you got up quite high on tush!.
    Just thought you'd let me get the spreadsheet on before dropping that in there didn't you champ : )
    I've updated the list to show Poopot's choice plus @Fuengi and I are playing on each others songs cos we'll have the jr's with us.  Different for @lovestrat74 jr as he is an old hand and put most of the rest of us tho shame last time.

Still need a confirmed song choice from @tone71; @Flanging_Fred; @customkits @grappagreen @McToot and @Bridgehouse ;

We are up to 17 songs now so rather than shortlist more songs I think leave in case loads of people want to play the same songs and leave for multiple play throughs.

I wouldn't mind a guitar spot on mardy bum if the lovestrats aren't planning on covering them both.
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    Sorry for the radio silence. Out of my two I think Two Princes will be the better for Jam purposes. I think it's fairly easily, the vox should be in a simple enough register (apart from the scat bit) and the solo appears straightforward enough. 

Like Guitar George I'm strictly Rhythm. Unlike Guitar George I don't know ALL the chords...

I can do rhythm on you shook me all night long too...

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

McToot said:
    Sorry for the radio silence. Out of my two I think Two Princes will be the better for Jam purposes. I think it's fairly easily, the vox should be in a simple enough register (apart from the scat bit) and the solo appears straightforward enough. 

Like Guitar George I'm strictly Rhythm. Unlike Guitar George I don't know ALL the chords...

I can do rhythm on you shook me all night long too...
    Yeah but you know all the best chords!  Consider your choices noted.
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    I'd have a bash at Rocks too...

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• munckee said:

I wouldn't mind a guitar spot on mardy bum if the lovestrats aren't planning on covering them both.
    Fill your boots @munckee - I might play rhythm, so you can have lead if you like. Or I might sit out and film the boy..
    munckee said:

Fill your boots @munckee - I might play rhythm, so you can have lead if you like. Or I might sit out and film the boy..
    Whichever you like mate I'm equally feeble at both : )
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3013
    edited January 2019
    I’lll do “Amother Girl, Another Planet” by The Only Ones, the rhythm parts and vocals shouldn’t be too challenging.

Ill have a crack at playing bass on ‘Hey Joe’ as well if it’s ok?
    Is anyone else having to actually learn their song ahead of time? I'm right on the edge of what I think I'm currently capable of and my Les Paul reeeeallly doesn't want me to play the bits of the solo on the 15th and 18th frets! 2 months to get it down though so enough time to not show myself up - or to have someone swap theeir 335 for my les paul! 

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    soma1975 said:
    Is anyone else having to actually learn their song ahead of time? I'm right on the edge of what I think I'm currently capable of and my Les Paul reeeeallly doesn't want me to play the bits of the solo on the 15th and 18th frets! 2 months to get it down though so enough time to not show myself up - or to have someone swap theeir 335 for my les paul! 

Absolutely! I've never played live in front of anyone ever! Neither has Fuengi Jr.

The thing about having him along is that I now don't have any nerves for myself, just for him, so happy to screw up if it makes him look better! 

I'll have a go at the lead on All Night Long if it's free

(common theme to my song choice ;) )

Haha nice move. I could have payed it safe and chosen something I can play in my sleep but I thought it was a great reason to challenge myself to learn something I should have known for ages. I think the last time I played in front of people was about 15 years ago. 

• lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2512
    edited January 2019
    I’lll do “Amother Girl, Another Planet” by The Only Ones, the rhythm parts and vocals shouldn’t be too challenging.

Ill have a crack at playing bass on ‘Hey Joe’ as well if it’s ok?
    I've got Jr down for bass on Hey Joe if that's okay @Flanging_Fred ;;

Sorry, I forgot to post that to @munckee - can you put Jr down for bass on Hey Joe please 
    :#