Water Rats April 19 - Song List

What's Hot

Comments

• Stick me down for rhythm on I saw her standing there.  And, er, you've still got McToot on rhythm for AC/DC.  Or are we doing it twice?  (If we do, I might have a crack at the lead as well.)

I'll give a few more of them a listen and see if any of them are singable.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6627
    Right, first solo on Crossroads learned. It's about a 6/10 performance at the mo but  now I know the notes I'll gradually put more welly into it. 

God knows about playing the next fast solo that starts at the 15th fret on a Les Paul though. Some contortion of the fingers required there. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • I'll do lead on Saw Her Standing There and Another Girl Another Planet.

Mate, there seems to be a misunderstanding on “Another Girl Another planet”. I suggested it, as I wanted to do the lead solo’s, but somehow I’ve been put down for rhythm and vocals.  I can’t sing for toffee! @munkee could you sort this please? 
  • Ok, looking back at my first post, the misunderstanding is my fault, my post was really unclear. I was trying to say the rhythm and vocals shouldn’t be too hard....   for someone else!

Apologies.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    Ok, looking back at my first post, the misunderstanding is my fault, my post was really unclear. I was trying to say the rhythm and vocals shouldn’t be too hard....   for someone else!

Apologies.
    No worries chief, I have amended the spreadsheet but I'm off to center parcs this morning and may not be able to upload it as i need to access my work system to do it!

@jonathangus you are down for first run through on AC/DC I have amended the spreadsheet, see above.  Once everyone has filled the original song slots we will look at second run through'as based on popularity and making sure everyone has a few songs to be on.
  • Actually...

Ive just been thinking about this in the car on the way to work. You know what? Fuck it. I WILL do the vocals and rhythm parts. This is about trying something new isn’t it? So I’ll have a crack and let God have mercy on your souls!

Actually...

Ive just been thinking about this in the car on the way to work. You know what? Fuck it. I WILL do the vocals and rhythm parts. This is about trying something new isn’t it? So I’ll have a crack and let God have mercy on your souls!

I know you and kitty can do it!
  • No-one is down for the lead on “Rocks”. Shall I do it?  Put me down if no-one else wants it.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2739
    Ok chaps I’ll take Bass and Vocals on Black Magic Woman as they haven’t been snapped up yet 
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2739
    And I’ll offer Bass on Rocks too if no-one else is taking it

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    No-one is down for the lead on “Rocks”. Shall I do it?  Put me down if no-one else wants it.
    I’ll be learning it, will see if it’s up to speed by then
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Stick me down for whatever is left guitar wise and I'll learn the tracks.

Just a point but I can't do lead vox on Times Like These - I'm happy to pick up bvox/harmony duties..

Si

Just a point but I can't do lead vox on Times Like These - I'm happy to pick up bvox/harmony duties..

Si
    Pencil me in for Foos vox and I'll have a bash tonight.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

Si
    Pencil me in for Foos vox and I'll have a bash tonight.
    Ta mate..

Anyone up for rhythm on this? It’s only power chordy stuff and is great fun to play!

Si
  • Actually...

Sorry, I just saw gaps on the chart and put my hand up.  I don't mind changing what I play, can do that now or on the day.  I can't sing though!

Can anyone handle vocals on Crossroads? 

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    soma1975 said:
    Can anyone handle vocals on Crossroads? 
    The theme tune? I thought it was an instrumental?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    In hindsight that might have been easier to learn. 

edited February 2019
    Right am back in the room after a week at center parcs, here is the updated spreadsheet taken from the last week of comments, sorry if I have missed any.  @mrkb has first shout of guitar parts for first run through of rocks as his song choice.  It is down as a provisional second run through if there is time.

@grappagreen mentioned taking spare guitar parts, can I put you for rhythm on 29 x the pain?  I can cover rhythm on foo fighters, any particular version you want seen a few suggested?

Song Lead Rhythm Bass  Vocals Other
    Fuengi + jr Yellow - Coldplay Fuengi Jr Fuengi Munckee Munckee Jr
    Lovestrat74  Hey Joe - Hendrix Lovestrat74 Soma 1975 Lovestrat74jr Mark Blagdon
    Peteri You shook me all night long AC/DC Peteri McToot Flanging-Fred
    Tone71 Black Magic Woman - Fleetwood Mac - NOT Santana Tone 71 Soma 1975 Sev 112 Sev 112
    Flanging-Fred Another Girl Another Plant - The Only Ones Springhead Flanging-Fred Flanging-Fred
    Jonathangus 29 x the pain - Wildhearts Jonathangus
    Sev112 All Night Long - Rainbow Peteri Sev112 Sev 112
    customkits Cyborg Bette - Clutch Customkits
    grappagreen Times Like These - The Foo Fighters Grappagreen Jonathangus
    springhead I saw her standing there - the Beatles Springhead
    Bridgehouse
    MarkBlagdon Rocks - Primal Scream Mark Blagdon McToot Sev 112 Mark Blagdon
    Munckee + jr Who Knew - Pink Munckee Fuengi Jr Fuengi Munckee Jr
    Soma 1975 Cream - Crossroads Soma1975 Lovestrat74 Lovestrat74jr
    Lovestrat74 Jr Mardy Bum - Arctic Monkeys Lovestrat74 McToot Lovestrat74jr
    Poopot When The Curtain Falls - Greta Van Fleet Poopot Taken Taken
    2nd Hey Joe Flanging Fred
    2nd Rocks
    2nd Mardy Bum
    @Bridgehouse shall I just fill in all the bass blanks with your name : )