NPD - 50p tone enhancement - rut busted!

What's Hot
FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
New pick day!

I've always struggled to play with a pick, it might have been because I learnt ukulele first but it seemed much more natural to strum with my fingers.

For the first couple of years I just couldn't use one then three years ago someone gave me a Jazz III pick and I've used that ever since for lead parts and a little strumming. Still use fingers a lot with acoustic. 

With the Water Rats song choice selected I've been playing the acoustic standing up with a strap - also never done this before. Found an old tortex pick kicking about and had a little go with that - oh, I can do that now! And it sounds shitloads better than my fingers. 

Popped into PMT today and got a selection of picks to try with the acoustic and electric. Wow, what a difference!! The Gibson T black plastic sounds great with the acoustic and the Dunlop Ultex 0.73 sounds absolutely great on my electrics.

Since before Christmas I was in a bit of a rut but now I'm chomping at the bit to play again. Cheapest and most inspiring gear acquisition for a while! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• It's even cheaper if you use a 20p ;)

I play only with fingers but one of my aims for 2019 is to learn at least a bit with a pick
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2760
    And the great thing is you can keep buying different ones and getting different tones and percussive sounds etc . 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    It's even cheaper if you use a 20p ;)

I play only with fingers but one of my aims for 2019 is to learn at least a bit with a pick
    I really couldn't play any sort of rhythm with a standard pick, seems I've somehow learnt to do this without consciously trying.
  • fftcfftc Frets: 559
    sev112 said:
    And the great shitty thing is you can fall down a rabbit hole.
    FIFY