Faith Mercury Natural vs Vintage V300

What's Hot
Long story short, I am choosing between a used (as new condition) Mercury  and new V300. Mercury is more expensive by around £100, but is still a great deal. I played both and like how they sound, but can’t compare them directly as they are at different vendors. I am a newbie, interested in finger picking and of course some strumming. Any advice from people who had experience with both of these guitars?
cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    I have a Vintage V300MH (all mahogany) it's great for that bluesy picking style but lacks a little in projection when chords are strummed (isn't that the same as most parlour sized acoustics?) for the price it's a pretty good buy although I haven't had the chance to try the V300 in other woods so best to try them out before buying. Good luck on your search.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Get the Faith
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7846
    Played the V300, don’t get the hype, was rubbish. Absolutely hated it. 

Faith kick ass, that’s where I would spend my money!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Another vote for the Faith.
    I have the Naked Mercury model & absolutely love it. 
    The V300 is "great for the money" but the Faith is just great. 
    I've had mine several years & it's ageing beautifully- the top is darkening & the tone is mellowing too. 
  • Faith. Excellent tone, excellent handling. Intonation is also way better than anything else I've tried in the same price bracket.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Definitely a vote for the faith from me
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2356
    The V300 is "great for the money" but the Faith is just great.

Pretty much bang-on. I haven't tried that exact Mercury, but I've tried a bunch of Faiths recently (since my sister eventually bought one!), including right next to a V300, and the Faiths are quite a bit better, basically. At least IMO.
  • ExorcistExorcist Frets: 604
    I own a faith, I don't think you will get anything better without spending a small fortune. IMHO its the much better guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom