I'm homeless and need help HAPPY UPDATE!!!!!!

What's Hot

Comments

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6125
    tFB Trader
    Adam, I’ve sent you something..... I’m just gonna PM you, I’ll be able to help you receive some support for veterans. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    As promised, £20 from @Caffeine_Vampire sent now from our Paypal.
    Note attached to payment with his name on it.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33791
    Well this thread has cheered me up immeasurably too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    Adam, just sold my Epi 339 through another platform, will ping you some cash and hope it helps in the short term. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Beat of luck Adam, I’m guessing you are swamped with stuff right now but if you get a chance have a look at the message I sent with the PayPal gift as it may be useful. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    Hey guys, first of all THANK YOU again for all the help, I have got a meeting with the council on Tuesday, depending on the outcome of that meeting there could be a big update here, as i have managed to provisionally sort a nice place for the end of the month and I am sorted for places to stay until then.
    I'm not making any solid decisions until I have seen the council but the future is looking a hell of a lot brighter thanks to you wonderful people. 
    I'm logging off for tonight, a hell of a lot for me to process but i will check in at some point tomorrow.

Adam 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • Sounds promising, Adam. Get some sleep - you probably need it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Another 20 for the pot, best of luck fella
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    Another £20 from me, this is what a bunch of old Farts obsessing about music gear is really about, good luck fella 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • supessupes Frets: 181
    Money sent, hope things pick up mate, sounds like you’re at least moving in a positive direction now.

Also, if anyone can make use of the pedal/cables in the thread below stick some cash in the pot and I’ll post these to you.

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/149824/marshall-footswitch-and-kemper-cables#latest
  • Bump - if anyone has missed the thread :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5258
    money sent
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Missed this.
    This place has been good to me (well my missis specifically) so good to give back to a deserving dude.
    Funds incoming 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Hope you get sorted soon - donation sent
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Just seen this. Funds on way...
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10267

Only just caught up on the thread as I've been super busy the last couple of days. 

Wow, just wow. Major kudos to @tone1 ;
    What an amazing gesture. 

So pleased you're getting sorted Adam.What an amazing place this can be when we put our mind to it. 

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    £20 on its way Adam. Chin up. It can only get better. I’ve been in ‘the depths’ as have a lot of forum members. Sparkles and unicorns matey
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • wolsnahwolsnah Frets: 190
    edited February 2019
    I'm late to this but £20 more to help sent through. Your situation is a sobering reminder on all the things we easily take for granted, and I hope it soon turns around for the better.
  • What's this? I'll get sending money, too!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I haven't got paypal but would be glad to send a postal order. Please pm as to where to send etc.