SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT Hand wired champ clone

4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
edited February 2019 in Amps £ tFB Trader
I've actually built two of these, but I'm keeping one as they've turned out sounding lovely!

Here we have a hand wired champ 5F1 circuit in a pine cabinet, built to original dimensions, sloped front and all. 

Circuit is built on turret board, using cloth-covered push back wire. Quality components throughout. Solid state rectification instead of valve - one less valve to replace, also gives it a slight headroom boost and tighter bass over a stock champ.

Built into a pine cabinet, thin front baffle - the whole thing is really resonant - almost alive. I've not played as interactive an amp in a long time. Simple to get a great tone, jsut set the volume control where you want it and use the guitar knobs to control kind of stuff.

Amp is fitted with a Celestion Eight 15, which is about the biggest sounding 8 inch speaker I've ever heard.  

Cabinet is finished with a lacquer and light relic, to try simulate years of use. Might not be everyone's cup of tea but I like it

Say £600 or offers/trades maybe? 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• NPPNPP Frets: 236
    just out of interest, in what way does it differ from mine? 

Having one you built earlier I'm obviously not in the market for another one but I can say it sounds good!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    NPP said:
    just out of interest, in what way does it differ from mine? 

Having one you built earlier I'm obviously not in the market for another one but I can say it sounds good!
    I think yours was a ply cabinet from memory and was slightly smaller than an original champ - other than that not much difference. Glad you're still enjoying it. :)
    tFB Trader
    Bump. Try me with offers or trades. Now is a good time as I don't really need the money :-)
    tFB Trader
    Bump. :)
  • freemeatfreemeat Frets: 29
    Have a bump on me. This looks amazing. 
  • NamaquaNamaqua Frets: 62
    @4114Effects Still using the flux capacitor at every show. It's been to 22 countries now. Just love that reverb!
    I've had that one ages darling
    tFB Trader
    Namaqua said:
    @4114Effects Still using the flux capacitor at every show. It's been to 22 countries now. Just love that reverb!
    Great to hear! Want a champ to go with it? Haha
    tFB Trader
    Try me with something silly guys, bored of seeing this in my workshop :)