SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn: Ralph Bown "Barbeque Bob" guitar £3900

fishfingersfishfingers Frets: 103
edited April 2019 in Acoustics £
A fine Ralph Bown guitar from 1999, with sitka spruce top and Indian rosewood back and sides. At 14.5 inches across the lower bout it is slightly bigger than 00 size. The 24.9” scale mahogany neck has a shallow V profile, with a width of 1-7/8” at the nut and 2-3/8” string spacing at the saddle. The fretboard and pyramid bridge are ebony. The slotted headstock is decorated with a beautiful torch inlay, fretboard inlays are diamonds and squares, the top and back inlays are herringbone and the guitar is bound with ivoroid. Tuners are Waverley 3 on-a-plate. The guitar comes with a Lyric pickup and Hiscox case. The condition is excellent considering the year of build. There are a few light dings and scratches but no cracks.

Collection from Lancaster only.

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• This is a guitar I could grow old with , I just love looking at the pictures .
    Thank goodness I'm at the opposite end of the country , best of luck with the sale .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Many thanks!
  • Hi, is this still for sale? I think I bought your Waterloo a couple of years back. Thanks 
  • fishfingersfishfingers Frets: 103
    Sorry; I've come to my senses and decided to keep it!
  • Ok, no problem thanks for letting me know. I’m looking for a short scale oo acoustic at the mo. The Bown looks lovely! 
  • GadgieGadgie Frets: 96
    Oh man...what a lovely looking specimen:)