South West Jam - Factory Studios (Bristol) Edition - 8th June 2019

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    Thanks for a fun day! 

Particularly huge thanks to @Brocco and @fandango and if you could pass on my thanks again to Connor that would be great. Superb drummer! 

Really appreciate the help with recording, so thanks to anyone that manned the desk. I'll get the stems put somewhere soonish. 

Had a blast and as ever, lovely to meet up with old friends and make a bunch of new ones. 

Peace! 
    Blimey, you beat me home! Thanks for bringing all your recording kit Chris, It was a 500 mile round trip for you, so much appreciated, I’m not sure the event would have been able to be recorded otherwise.

Good to see everyone getting on and enjoying making music together. We must do a southwest event again, but no further south or west than Bristol or I’d struggle to make it ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Many thanks to ALL who made the effort. Especially with the long distances.

Great fun. Especially hearing how some of the songs have developed over the past couple of years. 

And I managed to learn (but not mastered) Teenage Kicks. How's that for a takeaway?

PS - I've got a couple of 500Mb 'mov' files to upload to the internet somehow. What's the best website to upload them to, so I can then post a link to them in this thread?
  • Wow. What an experience. Super venue. Great musicians and all fine fellows, fantastic to meet you all. Many superb performances. 

The experience of playing with quality musicians was incredible and I enjoyed it immensely. Shout to Connor,  brilliant drummer and a cool dude. Thanks to him and @roberty we nailed Ironman 1st attempt, which I still can’t believe happened!  I was shaking with adrenaline for a while after. And of course thanks to the organisors for making it a smooth day, it was laid back and no egos were brought in, great job. 

More please! 
    TimmyO said:
    This was thoroughly excellent - a shame I arrived late and had to leave early but the whole thing was very slick and well organised - really impressive.

Well done to all involved 
    You did some great singing today, hope it’s brought back the urge to play in public again!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    Same here, great day out and thanks to @fandango @Brocco @spark240 and others for the organisation, also @Legionreturns for the recording and gear bought along to facilitate everything on very little sleep. Hope you've got down to London safely now. Everyone played great and is was really nice to meet you all  =)

Connor was ace, really nice guy plus a great drummer, and I thought the final Iron Man was epic - nice work @MagicPigDetective - you ought to be in a band :)
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Yeah, a big thanks to everyone who helped make today happen - it was a lot of fun, and great to meet a bunch of lovely people. 

Some real highlights in Ironman and You Really Got Me - kudos to all involved there. And I’ll just gloss over the low points of all my bum notes and lousy singing. :)
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    fandango said:
    PS - I've got a couple of 500Mb 'mov' files to upload to the internet somehow. What's the best website to upload them to, so I can then post a link to them in this thread?
    You're best off putting them on YouTube and then pasting a link here @fandango ;

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2073

Well..ill just repeat whats been said....enjoyable day as usual, sadly I didnt get to try some of the great looking guitars hanging round, @MagicPigDetective LP in particular sounded wicked.

Kudos to @roberty for cool teamwork o the Foos....and of course everyone else who entertained us through the day.

@fandago please pass thanks to Conor who did a great job of putting up with us...

Lastly, newbies Bernie and Nick really enjoyed it and no doubt will want to attend again...

Thanks guys....;-)

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • nickos236nickos236 Frets: 1
    What a great day really pleased to have met such a great group of guys, really well organised event with loads of friendly support and advice, learnt loads, well worth it, thanks again. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5654
    Had a fabulous time hanging out with all you beautiful folk today. 

Lots of great music, some incredible performances but Iron Man has actually changed my life  <3
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Thought you might like this pic, that came out rather well! Can't remember what song

• Thought you might like this pic, that came out rather well! Can't remember what song

Rocks 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Great day today, had lots of fun meeting and jamming with you all, as well as seeing a few familiar faces.  @MagicPigDetective you smashed it.  @Legionreturns you're an absolute legend for trooping all that way and bringing so much equipment.  Really impressed with the organisation and teamwork.

Conor's Instagram is here for anyone who wants it: https://www.instagram.com/conorrossharrington/
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    Thought the event was immense, personally I hope we arrange another jam at Factory. We had so many people helping with organisation both formally and informally, and some great players (special shout out to Conor our amazing drummer). Best of all, everyone supported each other and stayed loose, and all who wanted to play in the band had plenty of opportunity to do so.  

Very enjoyable time spent with nice and likeminded people!
    edited June 2019
    Just one of several great performances on the day. I'll let the protagonists identify themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fa3rhuuJqw
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Nice one @fandango ...don't keep us in suspense for the others! 

Nice one @fandango ...don't keep us in suspense for the others! 
    They take ages to upload. Because .... well I'm one of the few without the Usain Bolt-speed broadband. Next one along very shortly. (BTW, only did two. Sorry.)
    fandango said:
    Cheers, that wide angle camera makes my belly look big......
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    edited June 2019
    fandango said:
    Just one of several great performances on the day. I'll let the protagonists identify themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fa3rhuuJqw
    Well after many hours of hard practice I didnt do too bad with the 6 notes on the Bass ...;-)

Commendable guitar work as well...

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview