This is the Discussion where confirmed attendees can nominate the song(s) that they would like to play on the day at Factory Studios, Bristol.
- The title of the song.
- The artiste version or arrangement on which your performance will be based.
- The instrument part(s) that you can play for that song.*
- Whether you can sing that song.
- The key in which you need that song to be performed.
I am toying with the idea of a transferrable voting system. Nominate one preferred song and a couple of alternatives. That way, it might be possible to reach wider agreement over what should be played on the day.
If, for example, there were ten requests for Status Quo cover songs, it should be possible to reach a compromise over which song(s) people prepare thoroughly for the session day.
Take it as read that certain perennial favourite songs are likely to be nominated. The only decision to make will be the unruly bickering over who gets to play on them.
* Volunteers to play the bass guitar part will be especially welcome. This would give the 'house bassist du jour an occasional break for food, coffee, lav and smoking
Be seeing you.