SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn - Atkin 'The Forty-Three', with OHSC - £1950

What's Hot
DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
edited March 2019 in Acoustics £
I'm annoyed. Really annoyed. My wife's booked a holiday with a friend - a female friend it has to be said. I say female, the friend's more butch than me, but so was John Inman. But I digress. Apparently I have to pay for the holiday, and I hadn't planned for it - and I'm not invited.

So, do I need a big beefy reliced jumbo in the house? Well, she's a good cook and great with the kids, so the Atkin is reluctantly going up for sale.

Knowing me, I'll panic when I'm sober and take it off sale as I often do. Everyone knows the Atkin 'The Forty-Three' and the story behind it, I think - and the reputation that 'The Forty-Three' and other Atkin guitars have, so I won't go into it too much because I'm sulking. The 'Forty-Three', of course, is so named because it's a replica of Buddy Holly's 1943 J45. Incidentally, one of Buddy Holly's recordings was 'Valley of Tears', which seems entirely appropriate at the moment, not that I'm being overly dramatic or anything. Not at all. 

Suffice to say that if I sell this, I'll get another one as soon as possible. It's in lovely condition, with a slight scuff on the lower bout, but only slight. Apart from that, it looks great, feels great, sounds great, is great. I've advertised it on eBay just now at £2149, but here it's £1950 to you, which is about £950 short of the new price I think. As usual, I don't do Paypal, but I take cash and my concession to the modern world is that I'm OK with bank transfers. 

I don't post stuff either, apart from anonymous threatening letters to my wife (but at 70p for a stamp, I'll have to reconsider this) but am quite happy to travel about and meet up. Mrs DB1 is lovely really. But I'm still annoyed. I'd offer to fight her, but I wouldn't stand a bloody chance. 

Call me Dave.
4reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    Now on hold, pending something or other.  B)
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    That was never going to take very long. Well done and cammiserations
    Thanks Andy - the offer's come from off forum, and I'm just deciding what to do. It's actually for more than I've advertised it on here, but it's a bit of a bugger to let go of. 
    Call me Dave.
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    I’d get an interest free cc and keep the 43
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9611
    All for sale adverts here should be written like this. Can we make it a rule?
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6104
    All for sale adverts here should be written like this. Can we make it a rule?
    I second this motion!  :)
    And Dang DB1, you ain't half got good taste in guitars going by the ones I've seen you post up on here.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    Cheers - and happy birthday for last week! 
    Call me Dave.
  • smogfallssmogfalls Frets: 148
    Pm’d Just in case! 
    My Youtube Channel - Vintage Jazz, Blues & Country lessons;

https://youtube.com/@alexfarranguitar

https://instagram.com/alexfarranguitar
    Thanks @smogfalls - PM'd back. It's such a sweet guitar that I couldn't really sell it in the end. I had a good offer for it for a couple of hundred quid more than advertised on here, but I'd have only have had to have found another one sometime, and this is a belter. My wife decided that she'd fund her holiday through sex work - I was dubious, but agreed. I didn't realise that she meant me though. I don't mind the discomfort but the refunds hurt like hell.  :o

Call me Dave.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1343
    @DB1 - a) I'm glad you kept it b) thanks for the For Sale thread as it's given me more than a couple of laughs..