Lucky poos req I guess - Mrs F has open heart surgery tomorrow

What's Hot
VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15488
Wasn't gonna do this, but got so much pressure built up inside that I have to vent. About 6 weeks ago she noticed a lump on her liver, went to her GP and because of her medical history (she had ovarian cancer 12 years ago) they fast tracked her to see a consultant, who ordered a CT scan, which showed up another tumour in her heart. This has been diagnosed as an atrial myxoma. Even though she was pretty much asymptomatic of this, they decided to admit her to hospital as a precaution, as it can suddenly break away or parts of it can, and cause various unpleasant things, such as death. 
The standard treatment is to remove surgically, so the plan is for this to happen tomorrow, though still a bit unclear as she's in Barnstaple Hos and the surgery will be carried out in Plymouth (they are in the process of moving her now, so I'm sat here twiddling my thumbs till I hear where she is. 
I won't lie, I:m shitting myself, haven't slept well for 6 weeks now, and today I feel like I'm about to explode.  

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hoping for the best.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Mark1960Mark1960 Frets: 326
    Hope all goes well mate! Stay strong for the little lady!
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Keeping everything crossed for you both. 
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3691
    Hope all goes well
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    Yep, good to share stuff like this with others. It's hard to contain.

I'm sure everything will go perfectly for her. Stay strong!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • *plop*

Hope it goes well.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    Will have a strong curry tonight !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11300
    Had open heart surgery six months ago. I've just finished phase IV of my rehab. By co-incidence I have a cardiology check-up this afternoon.

The important thing to understand is that whilst this is alarming for the patient and family/friends, it's a routine op for those in the surgical team.

I hope all goes well, and I hope that you get the sort of post-operative care that I got, they were nothing short of magnificent.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6062
    Very best wishes to you and Mrs F.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3589
    edited March 2019
    I was out at a curry house yesterday evening at a charity event. Strangely the usual 'effects' of the curry are yet to emerge in force! But seeing as it was for charridee, I shall continue in that vein and donate the forthcomming volcanic activity to your cause. You're welcome.
    Try and find a task to occupy your mind for a few hours, one that does not involve power tools or axes would be my suggestion while you are clearly tired and distracted.
    Take care of yourself, she will need you when she comes home to recoup. She's very lucky to have you.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33798
    Good luck Vim.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15488
    scrumhalf said:
    Had open heart surgery six months ago. I've just finished phase IV of my rehab. By co-incidence I have a cardiology check-up this afternoon.

The important thing to understand is that whilst this is alarming for the patient and family/friends, it's a routine op for those in the surgical team.

I hope all goes well, and I hope that you get the sort of post-operative care that I got, they were nothing short of magnificent.
    yeah, the consultant yesterday was almost blase about it, like it's no more complex than cutting your toenails. One of my main concerns is that last time she had surgery she didn't react well to opiate pain killers, so endured a few days of pain. The idea of them cracking open her chest with no more than paracetamol to ease the pain is worrying. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5168
    edited March 2019
    Sending Good Vibrations your way....My Dad had heart surgery at Plymouth... They were fantastic 

edit... try some rescue remedy spray to help calm you down 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31592
    Best wishes to you both
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309
    All the best. I hope everything goes well.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Best wishes.  The waiting is torture in these situations, but I'm sure she will be in a great hands.  All the best
  • BenSirAmosBenSirAmos Frets: 411
    I dedicate the forthcoming pile to your family. All the best.
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264

kin ell Mike. That's something to keep bottled up mate. I hope it goes as well as possible. Positive vibes coming your way from up North.

J

• wolsnahwolsnah Frets: 190
    Best of luck and keep positive. My missus is currently recovering from a significant op and that looks to have gone without issue and recovering well, so fingers crossed yours all goes the same way.
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    Poo deposited (warn the Coastguard!) and huge luck to you and Mrs F, serious illness is massivley stressful, best wishes!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll