Trex Replay box

FezFez Frets: 522

Here is my review of the T-Rex Replay box delay pedal pictured on my board above. Iv'e had it about a year or thereabout so I think it is high time I put fingers to keyboard.

The sound of the pedal is really good, beautiful clear repeats and great range in delay times. However the level is tricky to set and gets knocked easily so benefits from the foam washer to increase the friction so it doesn't turn too easily. The same is true of all the knobs. What lets this pedal down most though is the proximity of the buttons to the control knobs. They are much too close and get shifted a lot.

As you can see in the picture I did try barefoot button covers including the tall boys which Thorpy distributes but I still couldn't get on with the switches.

The pedal is now on my "B" mess about board. It's a shame because it does sound great but needs loads of space round it and the tap tempo is just not easy to use.
I wanted to love this pedal but unfortunately I can only give T-Rex 6 out of 10 could do better.

Don't touch that dial.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    Necro bump! I was looking for something else and noticed this review, the Replay Box does seem to come up a lot in searches for delay pedals; they are currently about £85 new which is about half their original price so it doesn't feel like they have been a huge success. I guess intended to be a no nonsense digital delay with tap tempo and a whacking 3 seconds delay time, unfortunately being sold at a time when nonsense was back in fashion. Apart from the knob proximity issues hard not to feel some modulation might have made it a bit sexier. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ShipwreckShipwreck Frets: 60
    edited May 2020
    I actually love my ReplayBox - it takes the option paralysis out for me and sits nicely in a mix. I wanted a tap delay I could punch in when needed and it takes up little room. Agree it's a bit of a weird one though. It dropped around the time of the korg sdd3000 and was marketed as a basic digital delay with a still whopping price tag. (£170ish?). For the new sub-100 quid RRP I think it's worth it for those dd-2ish tones. The volume knob is mindbogglingly annoying though - clearly over engineered - and I've been looking at ways at 'locking' it at unity. Any tips? (can't find those locking knobs in the UK!)
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    I have put foam rings under the knobs to increase the friction which stops them moving so easily. 
    Don't touch that dial.