SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wanted - an Atkin 'The Forty-Three'.....

What's Hot
DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
edited March 2019 in Acoustics £
This might seem slightly odd, given that I've just advertised one for sale, but bear with me. A really nice lad (off forum) made me a good offer for the one that I had for sale. In the end I couldn't bring myself to part with it (not at present, anyway) and had to let him down gently. I feel as if I've let him down, so have promised to put feelers out for one for him. In the unlikely event that anyone is selling one, would you let me know please, and then I can pass details on, etc. Cheers
Call me Dave.
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• That's lovely! Atkin forever!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
    I tried one of these in Promenade Music at Morecambe today. I didn't really intend buying it but wanted to see what all the fuss was about with these instruments. I know them reasonably well in the shop so they let me have a play. Nice guitar and very light, you would almost think it was made of balsa wood. Not sure about the £2.9k price tag though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • randersonranderson Frets: 187
    I just discovered these in the last week. Great guitars!
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    @ronnyb - we probably played the same one. I was in Promenade the Saturday before last and wanted to compare the Atkins that they had in there, so played a few, including their Forty-Three. It was brighter but with less bass than mine, and I'm assuming that could had been the strings. Nice shop, by the way, and very helpful. It's about 110 miles from me, but I think I'll buy from them in future because of their attitude. 
    Call me Dave.