Just released a new album with an Italian artist called "Den".

Back Story;

Back in 2014 me and some good mates went over to a little town in the hills of Northern Italy for a wedding of a couple of friends who had bought an old farm building out there to do up.

One night we were in a bar and there were about 15 of us and an acoustic guitar, all gathered round drinking Grappa (yuk) and playing '90s grunge songs. It turned out there was a guitarist/ Songwriter called Dani who lived in a house above the bar, he heard us and turned up with his acoustic and we had a jam. We got chatting and it turned out he wrote songs with English lyrics and wanted someone to record/ produce him.

Since then we've been back 4 times to do gigs out there, record, made more friends in the community and generally have an awesome time. In 2016 Dani came to the UK to record his first album. We did a lot of the pre-production through demos, email etc, recorded drums & bass beforehand and he spent his week over here recording guitars and getting involved in the vocal recording. In 2017 that was released as "Honest (H)earth". And early last year he presented us with the demos for the 2nd album, which we worked on over the last year and it was released last week - he came over to the UK and we did a couple of gigs to mark it.

The music's Alternative Rock, bit like if REM, Flaming Lips and all your favourite '90s artists got together for a jam, at times. =)

It's been really great, because it picked up just as my main band was starting to flounder and fall apart. So the bass player from that band, Alex, who I've known since school, plays in the "Den" band. And I got to switch from Guitars to Drums. I fucking love drums. The vocalist is also an old school mate, Stu. And it kind of switches about with extra people based on what country we're playing in and who's available, so it stays fresh.

So, the new album's just been released, if you search for "Den - Injected" on Spotify etc it should come up. We've done some videos too;

New Single, "Pure";

And some from the first album;

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments