Stone Wolf Guitars - Various builds and More.. (Pic Heavy)

What's Hot
StoneWolf_MikeStoneWolf_Mike Frets: 66
in Made in the UK tFB Trader
Hey everyone!

My name is Mike, I'm a luthier working in the Northampton(ish) area, under the name "Stone Wolf Guitars".

I've been building for around 10 years and have been doing it as a full time job for the last 5 and a bit.. Some of you guys may have seen my stuff at shows or shared around the net. I like to make guitars using a lot of resins and composite materials, like fabrics..etc. All my stock are my own shapes and designs but I'm happy to take commissions for near enough anything, unless they are direct copies. 

I joined up here on a recommendations from other guys, mainly Oil City Pickups as I've used his pickups in nearly all of my guitars for the last year and half. I'd thought I'd start a thread here with just a few of my builds and update it with new stuff as it comes. I handbuild everything so my build rate is only around 10 or 11 per year, so it probably won't be uber frequently. 

I'll stick some various pics here but if you want to see things in a bit more order then you can check out my stuff here - www.stonewolfguitars.com or on the social medias.

Let me know what think and what else you'd like me to post up, or that you'd be interested in seeing down the line. :) Nice to meet you all on here and looking forward to chatting!

Cheers!
Mike

Here is my latest finished commission:

And here's a small showcase of builds that give a good idea of the sort of thing I do. This is a mix of stock and commissions so there are a ton of weird requests and ideas in here!

Mike - Owner/Luthier - Stone Wolf Guitars - Custom Built Electric Guitars in the UK

www.stonewolfguitars.com
0reaction image LOL 25reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    Wow.

Just wow.

Love them, properly unique and look superbly made.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KDSKDS Frets: 220
    Very cool indeed:)
  • AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    edited April 2019 tFB Trader
    Welcome! Finally someone not doing the same old Strat / Tele / LP!

I've noticed your stall a few times as I've been at guitar shows and I must say it's definitely the stall that makes my head turn the most. 
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4159
    Some beautiful workmanship there and yet another Local !
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5845
    edited April 2019
    Alegree said:

I've noticed your stool a few times as I've been at guitar shows and I must say it's definitely the stool that makes my head turn the most. 
    Do you mean stall  or are you actually admiring the chaps faeces?? D in all serious I see Stone wolf  at the guitar shows  they are always the highlight  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 9984
    tFB Trader
    Proud to have Oil City pickups in your builds Mike ... more 'Neo Blackwolfs' incoming shortly :-)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    Not my bag at all but wow I can still admire the craftsmanship. Awesome
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    tFB Trader
    Alegree said:

I've noticed your stool a few times as I've been at guitar shows and I must say it's definitely the stool that makes my head turn the most. 
    Do you mean stall  or are you actually admiring the chaps faeces?? D in all serious I see Stone wolf  at the guitar shows  they are always the highlight  
    Posted at 1 am, it'd been a long day :)
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
  • StoneWolf_MikeStoneWolf_Mike Frets: 66
    tFB Trader
    Alegree said:

Many thanks! For the record I have a strict "no shitting at shows" policy. ;) Those loos get very dodgy from about 2pm onwards.
    Mike - Owner/Luthier - Stone Wolf Guitars - Custom Built Electric Guitars in the UK

www.stonewolfguitars.com
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • armitaanarmitaan Frets: 362
    Love the first pic posted, refreshing to see something a little different. I get the whole point re using cnc for consistency etc but to me if I buy something custom made I want it made by hand by a craftsman, not a machine, and your work certainly looks like that of a proper craftsman, good luck!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    Superb stuff and wonderful craftsmanship.

I love to see something completely different.

• KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1534
    edited April 2019
    I have been lusting after one of these since last years' Birmingham show. Stunning guitars. I'm waiting to see an electro-luminescent resin build
    And thanks for the chat/try out at this years' Birmingham show

Adam 
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    I didn't realise that I needed a guitar with lego figures set in clear resin and a message engraved on the pickup quite as much as I do having seen that !
    tFB Trader
    Thanks for the compliments chaps! The Lego Guitarlele was a blast to make!

Here is the latest finished commission. Nice, simple build. :)

www.stonewolfguitars.com
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Here's a couple of new builds :)

www.stonewolfguitars.com
    0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    Stunning...
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 9984
    tFB Trader
    Beautiful work again Mike ... as always it's brilliant to see my pickups in such original and classy instruments. :-)

Mike and I have very funny and often surreal phone calls ... and I have to say he is one of the nicest and most down to earth guitar industry people I know.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993

played one at guitar show this year and if felt really good too!

Lego man is awesome!

tFB Trader
    Thank you for the very kind comments guys :)

Here's another couple of new ones.

www.stonewolfguitars.com
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4159
    Amazing quality and attention to detail, beautiful guitars