SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Boo O/D TS, Danelectro Transparent OD V1, Digitech SC-2 Valve Distortion

KeefyKeefy Frets: 2285
edited February 2020 in FX £
Back up for sale again - the highly rated Boo Instruments O/D.TS Overdrive. Current production has been cheekily re-badged as 'TS808' so that should give you a clue as to how it sounds!

They say:

'A truly classic pedal but with true bypass so it doesn’t degrade your tone when not in use.

Made in England by experienced professional manufacturers using only the best quality components throughout creating a discrete circuit that is second to none.

Runs off a standard Boss type DC power supply.

Uses the famous original Tube Screamer JRC4558D Op Amp Chip as used in the vintage TS808!'

This is the more expensive version with the cool light-up base (hence no space for an internal battery). It is in excellent condition. The knobs turn smoothly with a positive feel and no crackles. The base is currently covered with velcro (hooks) but let me know if you would rather have rubber feet fitted - on the pedal I mean, not on the ends of your legs.

Yours for £40 delivered within mainland UK

Danelectro Transparent Overdrive

Another cheeky clone, this time of the Timmy, but without the diode switch. It boasts a metal enclosure and true-bypass switching. Paul Cochrane quite understandably took Danelectro to task over this, so they brought out another version with some circuit changes and called it V2. Strangely no-one seems to want that one...

Like the O/D.T/S, this pedal has been left somewhat redundant by a ThorpyFX Peacekeeper. It is in good working order. There were some small chips in the gold paint, which I have touched up with paint pen. It currently has velcro on the base - I can remove this (which involves slightly loosening the screws in case you end up doing it yourself).

Price £40 £30 delivered in the UK.

Xotic Effects SL Drive, a well-regarded 'Marshall in a box' pedal. This is the limited edition chrome face version, boxed complete with voltage doubler.

There are dip switches inside for various tonal options - I particularly like the Super Bass setup, but I will put it into default Super Lead mode unless you request otherwise. In excellent condition, all working flawlessly.

£85 £75 delivered in the UK - the voltage doubler alone would cost you £32 new.
SOLD

Digitech Hardwire SC-2 Valve Distortion

Imagine a Boss DS2 with usable tone controls and a toggle switch that kicked in extra gain and a mid-scoop. A fat and throaty distortion, only kicked off my board by an incoming RD Compact.

Good external condition barring a couple of paint nicks. Full disclosure - I have fitted a new DC input jack to replace a faulty one, and replaced a couple of broken wires, pedal has worked perfectly since then. Boxed with manual and Stomplock (protects knobs).

£39 £34 delivered in UK

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments