SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

F/S Hughes and Kettner Puretone head and matching cab. Final price drop £580. SOLD.

What's Hot

Comments

• dcgdcg Frets: 230

I had a Puretone combo, which I eventually moved on - not through falling out of love with it, but simply because of succumbing to another silly GAS trajectory.  Something of a regret I must say, as I believe these are ABSOLUTELY SUPERB AMPS, which are BUILT FOR LIFE; tons of integrity in the build, and a genuine bargain FOR THE DISCERNING PLAYER who needs an exacting amp to match their exacting standards.  TONE AND VOLUME FOR DAYS, and the 2x12" cab is surely the best match to maximise projection.  £750 is stupidly low money for gear of this calibre, so loosen your wallets and BUY BUY BUY...   

And to @markj, as a fellow FBer said when I was on the rack finding it hard to shift my Puretone: A BUYER WILL COME.  And they will.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markjmarkj Frets: 914
    dcg said:

I had a Puretone combo, which I eventually moved on - not through falling out of love with it, but simply because of succumbing to another silly GAS trajectory.  Something of a regret I must say, as I believe these are ABSOLUTELY SUPERB AMPS, which are BUILT FOR LIFE; tons of integrity in the build, and a genuine bargain FOR THE DISCERNING PLAYER who needs an exacting amp to match their exacting standards.  TONE AND VOLUME FOR DAYS, and the 2x12" cab is surely the best match to maximise projection.  £750 is stupidly low money for gear of this calibre, so loosen your wallets and BUY BUY BUY...   

And to @markj, as a fellow FBer said when I was on the rack finding it hard to shift my Puretone: A BUYER WILL COME.  And they will.
    Thanks for all the praise on the Puretone, they really are superb. I’ve had some interest but the perspective buyer don’t live anywhere near me, one was Vancouver Canada. I would be willing to meet up roughly halfway within reason to hand over the amp.
    Bank holiday bump.
    Weekend bump.
    Open to sensible offers bump.
    Weekend bump.
    Ridiculous price for a superb amp and cab £650.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    These are so undervalued it's insane. GLWTS.
    ennspek said:
    These are so undervalued it's insane. GLWTS.
    I totally agree with you.
  • hairmetalhairmetal Frets: 319
    Have a bump. This is a great amp at an awesome price, if I had the space I would take it without thinking. Someone needs to take advantage of this opportunity!
    Friday bump.
    Pre weekend bump.
  • steven70steven70 Frets: 1262
    That price is bonkers. Someone needs this. 
    steven70 said:
    That price is bonkers. Someone needs this. 
    Totally agree with you, it’s surplus to requirements. I’m giving it away at this price.
    edited July 2019
    edited July 2019
    Here is Simon Mcbride playing through one with Mr Gillan. Jump to 1.47 for the solo.
    to the top
  • I have the combo, great amps
  • I'm so tempted by this. I'm gigging with a Fractal AX8 at the moment which is great and much more practical for me, but this has me thinking about going back to an amp again. I've had the combo in the past and gigged it with a Carl Martin Quattro. It was a glorious sound.
    I'm so tempted by this. I'm gigging with a Fractal AX8 at the moment which is great and much more practical for me, but this has me thinking about going back to an amp again. I've had the combo in the past and gigged it with a Carl Martin Quattro. It was a glorious sound.

It has s glorious sound. If your after one of these you wouldn't find  better  with the easy life it's had.