Have you ever not bought a pedal because of how it looks (even if its good)?

What's Hot
theflyisbacktheflyisback Frets: 71
edited April 2019 in FX
Thankfully there aren't many pedals that are shockingly un-handsome but i have personally swayed away from buying a fair few EHX pedals because of looks, for fear of upsetting the zen and colour scheme of my board etc.  

Some of Wampler's pedals and colour schemes aren't too sympathetic visually but sound amazing. 

Ditto; some of the Fulltone range look a bit naff.   Xotics pedals are mad with the comic sans font but they do have a charm that makes them a keeper.

Some pedals have been taken off my board entirely for colour reasons.  Anything yellow or orange generally.  Shocking electronic gadgetry based racism there I admit. 

Are you a tools of the trade, i.e. its all about the sound, kind of person? 

Or is your rig equally a piece of art to be savoured?  

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12253
    Thankfully there aren't many pedals that are shockingly un-handsome but i have personally swayed away from buying a fair few EHX pedals because of looks, for fear of upsetting the zen and colour scheme of my board etc.  

Some of Wampler's pedals and colour schemes aren't too sympathetic visually but sound amazing. 

Ditto; some of the Fulltone range look a bit naff.   Xotics pedals are mad with the comic sans font but they do have a charm that makes them a keeper.

Some pedals have been taken off my board entirely for colour reasons.  Anything yellow or orange generally.  Shocking electronic gadgetry based racism there I admit. 

Are you a tools of the trade, i.e. its all about the sound, kind of person? 

Or is your rig equally a piece of art to be savoured?  

If they are too boring or cheap looking they get sanded off and handed to the family for redecoration.  This was my wifes effort with a joyo american sound:

https://i.imgur.com/sykRt20.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    If I can play through this thing:

I can play through anything.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 653
    edited April 2019

I’m awaiting delivery of one of these

Ive absolutely no need for another delay/reverb pedal, although I’m sure it sounds ace! Bought solely for the theme! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    As someone who works in a design department I don't think i could bring myself to buying an Xotic pedal. Even if it's meant to be ironic it's just lazy and ugly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom