Strymon Flint Stereo/Mono In question

PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4169
edited April 2019 in FX
Currently, I've got my Strymon Timeline mono (left) out going in to my Strymon Flint and then out to one amp.

I want to set the internal DIP switch in the Flint to set it to stereo in so I can have both outputs of the Timeline going into a TRS cable then into the Flint and then two outs from the Flint.

I know how to do that, but my question is this - I don't always want the stereo out from the Flint. If the input into the Flint is Stereo from the Timeline what comes out of the left channel of the Flint? Is it just the left side or is it summed?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    You might be able to test it for yourself...

Set-up a stereo amp setup, with the Timeline feeding the Flint a stereo ping-pong delay (I suggest an alternating left-right repeat at about 1 second intervals) and the Flint outputting in stereo to the two amps.

You are hearing a repeat left, then a second later right, a second later left, and so on...

Now unplug the Flint's right output. Do you still here a repeat every second (in which case it is summing) or only every two seconds (in which case it isn't).
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom